Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My high blood pressure problem so far (and should be of help to others)

My high blood pressure problem so far (and should be of help to others)

Old May 18th 2006, 2:27 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default My high blood pressure problem so far (and should be of help to others)

Went for meds (requested) and the doctor discovered my BP was up. I wasn't too worried as there had been a transvestite/transsexual (sorry if i have this wrong) in the office and i kept waiting on my 7 year old commenting and could feel my BP going up, and sure enough before i went for my check, my wee girl said , in a very loud voice is that a man or a woman, well what could i say

Anyway the doctor said if i go to my own GP or practice nurse and get 3 normal readings and send them into her on headed notepaper this would be acceptable and she would forward the meds. Unfortunately my BP has remained high and by this time my GP was involved. I explained i was emigrating and she said she was quite happy for myself to have any copy for any investigations carried out and i could do with them what i please.
I telephoned Dr where i had my meds done and she said this was absolutely fine and to forward all copies of investigations to her and she would forward them with my application, she also told me that I may have to ask for an extension from the DIMIA , and they usually grant one month, so bit of a rush for everything.
So, luckily so far i have not paid any extra, but will keep all the hypertensives
out there informed

So far i have bloods done for haemoglobin, thyroid, and glucose . Glucose was found to be high, so got a fasting blood glucose from my practice nurse. Later on in the month i have to go back to the practice nurse and be fitted for 24hr BP tape. Hopefully this will all be ok and that will be that, but I have asked for an extension anyway in case these investigations prove treatment is necessary, which i think they will

At the beginning of the week OH and I had said stuff it, lets just pay for a cardiology report and get this moving, but to be honest, i think things are just happening as fast with my GP, so we changed our mind again , but who knows, as some point I may have to pay for some cardiology report as i feel the rush is on.

I wish i had listened to the people on here who said just get the meds done unrequested, coz by now this would all have been history

Last edited by Margaret2; May 18th 2006 at 2:33 pm.
Old May 18th 2006, 2:32 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My high blood pressure problem so far (and should be of help to others)

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Went for meds (requested) and the doctor discovered my BP was up. I wasn't too worried as there had been a transvestite/transsexual (sorry if i have this wrong) in the office and i kept waiting on my 7 year old commenting and could feel my BP going up, and sure enough before i went for my check, my wee girl said , in a very loud voice is that a man or a woman, well what could i say

Anyway the doctor said if i go to my own GP or practice nurse and get 3 normal readings and send them into her on headed notepaper this would be acceptable and she would forward the meds. Unfortunately my BP has remained high and by this time my GP was involved. I explained i was emigrating and she said she was quite happy for myself to have any copy for any investigations carried out and i could do with them what i please.
I telephoned Dr where i had my meds done and she said this was absolutely fine and to forward all copies of investigations to her and she would forward them with my application, she also told me that I may have to ask for an extension from the DIMIA , and they usually grant one month, so bit of a rush for everything.
So, luckily so far i have not paid any extra, but will keep all the hypertensives
out there informed

So far i have bloods done for haemoglobin, thyroid, and glucose . Glucose was found to be high, so got a fasting blood glucose from my practice nurse. Later on in the month i have to go back to the practice nurse and be fitted for 24hr BP tape. Hopefully this will all be ok and that will be that, but I have asked for an extension anyway in case these investigations prove treatment is necessary, which i think they will

Blimey Margaret, I hope things go well for you with the 24hr BP monitor thing. Hopefully the readings will be a lower average for you.

Shirley x
Old May 18th 2006, 2:36 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: My high blood pressure problem so far (and should be of help to others)

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Blimey Margaret, I hope things go well for you with the 24hr BP monitor thing. Hopefully the readings will be a lower average for you.

Shirley x

Thanx Shirley (still can't get used to the fact you are female, but funny you were the first to reply at the mention of a transsexual )

Anyway is just more of a nuscience than anything, but should be sorted soon
Old May 18th 2006, 2:40 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Shirley (still can't get used to the fact you are female, but funny you were the first to reply at the mention of a transsexual )

We had a weekend in London last weekend, and the sights you see on the tube are hilarious. I try not to stare but Steve just doesn't care, and just like you were expecting it from your daughter I KNEW what was coming from him. True enough he leaned over and said in a satge whisper "Should I tell her she missed a bit when she had a shave this morning" Well, I nearly peed myself and the girl next to me didn't know where to put herself! I suppose the tufty bit under his ear was a bit obviious!

We also saw a girl getting changed to go on a night out, dress on over a top, top taken off through the dress, trousers off, shoes changed and then full make up put on.

I tell you you see the strangest things on the tube in London!
Old May 18th 2006, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Hope everything goes well for you Margaret, I have low blood pressure, (never been treated with anything) which is ideal when in tense situations because it sometimes rises to normal. Went into hospital day case last year and consultant wouldn't let me go home said blood pressure a bit low, I said thats because I am calm and relaxed and he let me go!!!!!. Bloody hell. I hope everything is fine after your fast, just think calming pleasant thoughts don't let anything worry you on the day and hopefully you will be fine.
Old May 18th 2006, 2:47 pm

We had a weekend in London last weekend, and the sights you see on the tube are hilarious. I try not to stare but Steve just doesn't care, and just like you were expecting it from your daughter I KNEW what was coming from him. True enough he leaned over and said in a satge whisper "Should I tell her she missed a bit when she had a shave this morning" Well, I nearly peed myself and the girl next to me didn't know where to put herself! I suppose the tufty bit under his ear was a bit obviious!

We also saw a girl getting changed to go on a night out, dress on over a top, top taken off through the dress, trousers off, shoes changed and then full make up put on.

I tell you you see the strangest things on the tube in London!

PMSL , great innit , London, for this kinda thing, I don't mean it in a cruel way, but sometimes i can't help my bottome jaw dropping open
Old May 18th 2006, 2:52 pm
Where I want to be

PMSL , great innit , London, for this kinda thing, I don't mean it in a cruel way, but sometimes i can't help my bottome jaw dropping open

Definately, don't get me started on the things I saw up in Camden Market, suffice to say when I thought punk was dead I wrong.
Old May 18th 2006, 2:54 pm

Definately, don't get me started on the things I saw up in Camden Market, suffice to say when I thought punk was dead I wrong.

Photos would be better
Old May 18th 2006, 2:55 pm
Where I want to be

Photos would be better

Going to take the kids next time so will take the camera too.
Old May 18th 2006, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

out there informed

At the beginning of the week OH and I had said stuff it, lets just pay for a cardiology report and get this moving, but to be honest, i think things are just happening as fast with my GP, so we changed our mind again , but who knows, as some point I may have to pay for some cardiology report as i feel the rush is on.

I wish i had listened to the people on here who said just get the meds done unrequested, coz by now this would all have been history

Its not sounding too bad at the minute. Good luck and I hope you don't need the reports doing.
Old May 18th 2006, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
Its not sounding too bad at the minute. Good luck and I hope you don't need the reports doing.

Thanx Wendy, just relieved its not cost me anything so far , coz I feel we all need a wee week's holiday in the summer and this would have eaten right into the fund (what fund ), I mean the imaginery fund
Old May 18th 2006, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Wendy, just relieved its not cost me anything so far , coz I feel we all need a wee week's holiday in the summer and this would have eaten right into the fund (what fund ), I mean the imaginery fund
Is that an imaginary fund to go with the imaginary summer
Old May 18th 2006, 3:18 pm
Living the dream!

crystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud of

Margaret - don't worry about a thing. My meds BP was high - I went to my doctors - it was high - bought myself a BP monitor and checked it loads - normal - back to my doctors - high. Paid £200 for cardiologist report and ECG and at first with him it was high - by the end of the appointment we had a normal reading. I have now got my visa - you can do it and you will!! Good Luck!!
Old May 18th 2006, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by crystal113
Margaret - don't worry about a thing. My meds BP was high - I went to my doctors - it was high - bought myself a BP monitor and checked it loads - normal - back to my doctors - high. Paid £200 for cardiologist report and ECG and at first with him it was high - by the end of the appointment we had a normal reading. I have now got my visa - you can do it and you will!! Good Luck!!

Naaaaaaaaaah, Crystal, its definately high, have been monitoring it at work (nurse), and i have symptons , especially in the morning, good thinking about the ecg though, should manage to get someone at my work to do that for me
Old May 18th 2006, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
Is that an imaginary fund to go with the imaginary summer

That'll be the one,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.