Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My God, I Think She Is Finally Getting It

My God, I Think She Is Finally Getting It

Old Jan 21st 2006, 5:27 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default My God, I Think She Is Finally Getting It

My folks are currently in Thailand for a friends' daughter's wedding. Both the bride and groom are from the UK but ar currently residents in OZ living in Sydney.

Anyway, we got a call tonight from Mum on her mobile - and what did she want to talk to me about? She's been telling the happy couple all about our plans and the groom has said that he is a recruitment consultant and when he gets home, he's going to do his very best to help us get jobs!! Wow, that's really great as we've never met them.

However, even better is the fact that my Mum was clearly excited for us Now, it's true, it was after midnight in Thailand so I'm sure she'd had a few fizzy drinks but it's a huge turnaround in attitude and I'm thrilled to bits. I guess it's helped with my folks being away with their friends' for a fortnight as they've been dealing with their own daughter (the bride) living in Oz for some time now and are brill about it. I'm sure they're a good influence.

Now, we just need to work on the in laws :scared:
Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:06 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My God, I Think She Is Finally Getting It

Originally Posted by herrchook
My folks are currently in Thailand for a friends' daughter's wedding. Both the bride and groom are from the UK but ar currently residents in OZ living in Sydney.

Anyway, we got a call tonight from Mum on her mobile - and what did she want to talk to me about? She's been telling the happy couple all about our plans and the groom has said that he is a recruitment consultant and when he gets home, he's going to do his very best to help us get jobs!! Wow, that's really great as we've never met them.

However, even better is the fact that my Mum was clearly excited for us Now, it's true, it was after midnight in Thailand so I'm sure she'd had a few fizzy drinks but it's a huge turnaround in attitude and I'm thrilled to bits. I guess it's helped with my folks being away with their friends' for a fortnight as they've been dealing with their own daughter (the bride) living in Oz for some time now and are brill about it. I'm sure they're a good influence.

Now, we just need to work on the in laws :scared:

That's great news!!! maybe they could help some of us get jobs too!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:14 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My God, I Think She Is Finally Getting It

Really chuffed for you.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:23 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
That's great news!!! maybe they could help some of us get jobs too!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Wouldn't that be nice. The biggest problem with it is that they are based Sydney and we know that the only way we could get a visa for Sydney is a 457 which we don't want to do. Hopefully, in A MONTH when they get home from their honeymoon in India (as if a pre wedding 2 week trip to Thialand wasn't enough ) we can phone them and see what they might be able to help with.

Gill
Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:24 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Stitch
Really chuffed for you.

Cheers

Ginny
cheers Ginny - it all helps doesn't it? Any plans for this evening?
Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:26 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

cheers Ginny - it all helps doesn't it? Any plans for this evening?
After annoying my son! and getting them to bed I've a lovely bottle of Wolf Blass Red wine there for the opening. Our For Sale sign went up today and had a viewer yesterday. Getting really nervous and extremely worried. Got the job lined up for July so have to sell this house now.

Still up for next Saturday?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:34 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Stitch
After annoying my son! and getting them to bed I've a lovely bottle of Wolf Blass Red wine there for the opening. Our For Sale sign went up today and had a viewer yesterday. Getting really nervous and extremely worried. Got the job lined up for July so have to sell this house now.

Still up for next Saturday?

Cheers

Ginny
What's the market like round your way just now? A viewer this early is a good sign surely?

I've a bottle of the very same in the cupboard - but I'm determined to lost a bit more before I dive into it. It's a lovely wine isn't it?

Defo still up for next week.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:38 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

What's the market like round your way just now? A viewer this early is a good sign surely?

I've a bottle of the very same in the cupboard - but I'm determined to lost a bit more before I dive into it. It's a lovely wine isn't it?

Defo still up for next week.

The markets a funny thing although there's houses a wee bit cheaper, less rooms and in less desirable areas and there's ones which are a lot dearer. The viewer said she's been looking for a while and hasn't seen anything in our price range around this area,,,,,which is true. Where we live there's a lot of flats but little in the way of houses with gardens....We're in a cul de sac with only seven houses so it's quite secluded.

After typing that I'm definately hitting the wine...stressing again!

Cheers

Ginny