this is my first time for a while

Wikiposts

this is my first time for a while

Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

bessie is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink this is my first time for a while

hello all
this is the first time i have used this forum from brisbane.me and paula arrived here 5 weeks ago,so far its going ok,admittely neither of us have jobs yet.i'm a sparks and paula does admin etc.with me due to a clerical error i am still waiting to get my licence(no contractor will touch you with out a licence and for the first 6 months i have to keep a site diary, i feel like an apprentice all over again,never mind though its all good fun)paula's struggling to find a job as all employers here want you to have accounting skills and a miriad of other skills just to do data input,any ideas from anyone would be much appreciated.don't get me wrong i am not dissing brisbane we both love it, very green,public transport very good,climate excellent,people friendly.before i go anyone in brissy fancy a drink some time to muse over things.cheers then
ian and paula
Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Funny your post popped up while I was talking about licenses on another thread. Agree weather is great at this time of year, really good time to arrive and get sorted. Office jobs do seem to be competitive here but most people get sorted in the end, just keep at it. Keep posting too.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks for posting your story. Where in Brisbane are you?
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Hi Ian

Glad to hear your settling in - keep posting its always interesting to hear people's first impressions and how they are settling in.

Re sparkies licence - baldbutts has posted 2 or 3 posts on the subject in quite some detail on what to expect and how to pass etc etc - dont know if you have seen it its on the immig forum.

As for Paula I would maybe try a few agencies and the local papers you never know - some weeks there is no demand and others they are screaming out.

When I worked in Aus (secretarial work) I did data input amongst other things - basically joined up with a few agencies and just pestered them every day - look at the jobs on offer and try and slant the cv in favour of that.

Not sure if the above is of any use but just keep trying.

All the best.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:38 am
Just Joined

bessie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj
Thanks for posting your story. Where in Brisbane are you?
we are renting in nundah at the moment its about 8km from the cbd,on the train line which is quite handy,can't say we would buy here though.just doing our research on suburbs at the mo.
cheers
ian and paula