Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My dog flies on Sunday!

My dog flies on Sunday!

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My dog flies on Sunday!

Good luck to your dog Marie,
he will be ok, kick back, he'll have a glass of wine, some dog biscuits lol
hugs Lace x
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:25 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

hi marie, glad it all went ok at the airport.she should be there now, starting her new life before you do!! i know dogs probably arent keen on being in the kennels but i feel like once they are there they will be fine, the horrible bit, the flight, is over with hope she is fine, look forward to more updates xx loidy
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:33 pm
BLC

Crumbs, best of luck, our moggie flew really well from Oz to UK though I worried myself sick . . . but for no reason, she was just fine and dandy.

B

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:34 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG Marie - hows Cassie settling in at quarantine? Did you phone this AM or are you phoning tonight?

I hope things are OK,

Lynn xxx
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:38 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
OMG Marie - hows Cassie settling in at quarantine? Did you phone this AM or are you phoning tonight?

I hope things are OK,

Lynn xxx
hi lynn i can sense that you as anxious as me about shipping the dogs!!! :scared: it is the worst part of the whole process i reckon...where is poppy flying to, tilly and pip will go to melbourne, ive visited there last year and it was fine (though i'm still worried!) x loidy
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by loidy
hi lynn i can sense that you as anxious as me about shipping the dogs!!! :scared: it is the worst part of the whole process i reckon...where is poppy flying to, tilly and pip will go to melbourne, ive visited there last year and it was fine (though i'm still worried!) x loidy
Poppy is flying into Sydney and going to quarantine there as thats closest to Brisbane where we are settling - yes i'm nervous about the whole thing - poppy is like my wee baby girl - she will miss her mum (me!)

Poppy is a collie cross and i've had her since a pup when we got her out of the cat and dog home in Glasgow at 3 months old. Will try and attatch a wee photo of her!

The flight worries me more than the quarantine kennels - i get so anxious that she might die on the flight of dehydration/ anxiety or something.

Poppy flys on a BA flight 31st October - when do Tilly and Pip fly?

Lynn x
Attached Thumbnails My dog flies on Sunday!-poppy-one.jpg  

Last edited by lynnlovessun; Aug 23rd 2005 at 5:49 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:49 pm
BLC

Poppy is flying into Sydney and going to quarantine there as thats closest to Brisbane where we are settling - yes i'm nervous about the whole thing - poppy is like my wee baby girl - she will miss her mum (me!)

Poppy is a collie cross and i've had her since a pup when we got her out of the cat and dog home in Glasgow at 3 months old. Will try and attatch a wee photo of her!

The flight worries me more than the quarantine kennels - i get so anxious that she might die on the flight of dehydration/ anxiety or something.

Lynn x
I was amazed at how my puss flew and survived, like you she is our baby and is very clingy and loving. She really was fine after a day or two it was like nothing happened and she was very cuddly and wanting smoo's.

Best wishes
B

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by BLC
I was amazed at how my puss flew and survived, like you she is our baby and is very clingy and loving. She really was fine after a day or two it was like nothing happened and she was very cuddly and wanting smoo's.

Best wishes
B
Have posted a wee pic of poppy for you all above! She's so cute and thats her pink collar and tag I bought her she's wearing! Thanks for your reassuring words!

Lynn x
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:52 pm
off to Byron Bay....

Lynn x
yeah, i have all the same worries as you, once they land i will be fine!!
tilly and pip ( as long as blood tests results are all ok) fly sept 13th. the blood tests are something else to stress about, after reading on here a really heartbreaking post about a dog failing one of the tests and therefore not able to go, ever!! what do you do????!!! i couldnt go without them...anyway, i dont reckon im happy unless ive got something to worry about so they should be fine, we should get results this week and then we can book our own flight! i just feel guilty now everytime i look at them, knowing that they havent got a clue whats in store for them... x loidy
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by loidy
yeah, i have all the same worries as you, once they land i will be fine!!
tilly and pip ( as long as blood tests results are all ok) fly sept 13th. the blood tests are something else to stress about, after reading on here a really heartbreaking post about a dog failing one of the tests and therefore not able to go, ever!! what do you do????!!! i couldnt go without them...anyway, i dont reckon im happy unless ive got something to worry about so they should be fine, we should get results this week and then we can book our own flight! i just feel guilty now everytime i look at them, knowing that they havent got a clue whats in store for them... x loidy
OMG I hadn't even considered they could fail blood tests - where did you read that and what went wrong - did the dog have a disease or something?

I have made sure that poppy didn't get her Leptospirosis as I think they can fail if they have had that within 6 months of the blood tests - but I think its just a matter of the dog waiting till its out of their system - worst case scenario my mum would look after her and send her on at a leter date - what can stop them flying permanently?

Lynn
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:01 pm
BLC

Have posted a wee pic of poppy for you all above! She's so cute and thats her pink collar and tag I bought her she's wearing! Thanks for your reassuring words!

Lynn x
What a beautiful princess Such a cutie.

You know I will be locked up for this but I talk to my cat at lot and did explain what was happening and that I will always love her, even when she was away from me.

Not sure who that made better, me, the cat or the men in the white coats :scared:

B xx

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:02 pm
off to Byron Bay....

OMG I hadn't even considered they could fail blood tests - where did you read that and what went wrong - did the dog have a disease or something?

I have made sure that poppy didn't get her Leptospirosis as I think they can fail if they have had that within 6 months of the blood tests - but I think its just a matter of the dog waiting till its out of their system - worst case scenario my mum would look after her and send her on at a leter date - what can stop them flying permanently?

Lynn
oh no lynn, didnt want to worry you further!! sorry! the dog tested positive for brucella, it didnt show any signs of the disease so they thought it must be carrying the antibodies!! it is a really recent post titled brucellosis, any vets on here. feel so sorry for the owner. what a nightmare. anyway, im sure it is a real rare occurence so try not to worry. btw poppy is dead cute!! ive got no idea how to post a photo else i'd do one of my little babies....try not to worry x loidy
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:43 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynn, phoned quarantine last night cos we couldn't wait any longer. It's not so good I'm afraid. Cassie cut her nose somehow somewhere before she arrived at quarantine. When she saw the resident vet, the vet said it wasn't a bad cut and laft it to Cassies handler to clean up. Trouble is Cassie won't let her handler anywhere near her. The handler can't get close enough to clean Cas, or take her out so, so far she's spending all her time in the cage. Whilst I was on the phone the handler went to where Cassie is so I could hear her. My bloody dog was going absolutely mad. I was asked if I could arrange to visit Cas to try to get her to settle down, even if it was out of visiting hours. Well I obviously can't do that as I'm in the UK for another 15 days and it's pointless getting a relative to visit as no one has met Cas before.
I'm going to get up at 4.30am again and give them another ring to see if anything has changed. The handler did say that if Cassie let her into her pen last night then she'd sit and play with her for the rest of her shift (which was nearly another 2 hours.) So hopefully things worked out fine last night but I won't know until I call them.
Marie
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi Lynn, phoned quarantine last night cos we couldn't wait any longer. It's not so good I'm afraid. Cassie cut her nose somehow somewhere before she arrived at quarantine. When she saw the resident vet, the vet said it wasn't a bad cut and laft it to Cassies handler to clean up. Trouble is Cassie won't let her handler anywhere near her. The handler can't get close enough to clean Cas, or take her out so, so far she's spending all her time in the cage. Whilst I was on the phone the handler went to where Cassie is so I could hear her. My bloody dog was going absolutely mad. I was asked if I could arrange to visit Cas to try to get her to settle down, even if it was out of visiting hours. Well I obviously can't do that as I'm in the UK for another 15 days and it's pointless getting a relative to visit as no one has met Cas before.
I'm going to get up at 4.30am again and give them another ring to see if anything has changed. The handler did say that if Cassie let her into her pen last night then she'd sit and play with her for the rest of her shift (which was nearly another 2 hours.) So hopefully things worked out fine last night but I won't know until I call them.
Marie
Oh Marie thats awful - poor Cassie - i'm sorry to hear about her cutting her nose - her behaviour sounds very out of character....i'm sure she will start to calm down if one of the handlers can gain her trust - she is obviously just very frightened - are they afraid to go in the kennel if she is barking? I hope you get a better response at 4.30am - i'm sure Cassie will of calmed down a little by then - Marie i'm thinking of you - please let me know how Cassie is in the morning - at least she's there thats the main thing and she will eat and drink when she's hungry.

Lynn xxx
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:40 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Marie thats awful - poor Cassie - i'm sorry to hear about her cutting her nose - her behaviour sounds very out of character....i'm sure she will start to calm down if one of the handlers can gain her trust - she is obviously just very frightened - are they afraid to go in the kennel if she is barking? I hope you get a better response at 4.30am - i'm sure Cassie will of calmed down a little by then - Marie i'm thinking of you - please let me know how Cassie is in the morning - at least she's there thats the main thing and she will eat and drink when she's hungry.

Lynn xxx
Thanks Lynn. It is completely out of character for Cassie to be like this. We think maybe it could stem back to before we got her when she was seriously mistreated.
I'm going to bed now so I can be more alert when I give the handler a call, (because last night I was still in dreamland) who by the way seems a really nice lass.
Marie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.