my dog

Old May 7th 2006, 8:38 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default my dog

can any one help me on what my dog needs or doesent need for going to australia.my vet said that you cant give the booster jag without the lepto part so i didnt let her have the booster at all. does my dog need any jags before going thanx
Old May 7th 2006, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

leezo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: my dog

Your dog can have the booster jag without the Lepto part (tell them to use a saline solution instead, thats what our vet did). If your vet cant or wont do it, I would find another vet, preferably one who has prepared other dogs for Australia. If you are using an agent for moving your dog, get your vet to contact them so they can explain what is required.

All the best.

Mrs Leezo

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
can any one help me on what my dog needs or doesent need for going to australia.my vet said that you cant give the booster jag without the lepto part so i didnt let her have the booster at all. does my dog need any jags before going thanx
Old May 8th 2006, 2:14 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Smile Re: my dog

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Your dog will need to be vaccinated against distemper, infectious hepatitis, canine paravirus and parainfluenza NOT LESS than 14 days and NOT MORE than 12 months prior to the date of export. You will need a vaccination certificate to prove this. Make sure the Lepto is NOT included.

Blood tests will then need to be done after the vaccinations (cant' remember how long after) which your vet should sent to the VLA for sampling. IMMEDIATELY after the blood tests your vet should apply frontline to the dog and you will need a letter stating that he has done this within 24 hours of blood sampling. Your dog must be exported 28 days prior to the bloods and frontline application.

All the above must be in writing with original test certificates etc as they have to have a health certificate before export.

Are you using a shipper? it's so much easier. If so, they will know the exact instructions and dates to wait between vaccinations and bloods etc and should give you full written instructions on when to do everything etc.

We used Golden Arrow shippers and I have to say they were first class in every respect.

Good luck.

Rachel
Old May 8th 2006, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i'd vote for using a shipper!

also as said vet is wrong about booster - it can be given without lepto. also make sure your vet is a registered UK Gov't vet as it needs to be a gov vet who certifies all the paperwork. (dept of agriculture should have a list somewhere on their website i imagine!)

my vets in edinburgh were just fantastic - they seemed to deal with loads of animals being shipped all over the world and totally knew what they were doing!
Old May 8th 2006, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Welshie
Your dog must be exported 28 days prior to the bloods and frontline application.
...within 28 days after bloods and frontline application.

Some UK vaccines (one US import ) cannot be given w/o Lepto, and the vets using this are unlikely to buy in a batch of suitable 'splittable' vaccine. Would advise use another vet, if yours will not get in as a special order.

All UK vets should have at least one OVS or LVI (panel 2) registered with DEFRA, so finding an alternative should be no problem, and with the introduction of the PETS, we were all getting used to export arrangements.

Remember to check AQIS/DAFF regularly.

G.
Old May 8th 2006, 11:23 am
Rk1dayboy

Sunny_Glesga wrote:
    > can any one help me on what my dog needs or doesent need for going to
    > australia.my vet said that you cant give the booster jag without the
    > lepto part so i didnt let her have the booster at all. does my dog need
    > any jags before going thanx
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

I'd love to hear some info on same top. We hope to go out early July.
Our dog is due his booster in July. Does he need to have this done.
We asked the same question about the booster with Lepto. He also said
it has to have the Lepto. What happens in this situation. Can the
booster be done when he arrives in Oz.

Thanks for any replies.

MK

Old May 8th 2006, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

boosters have to be done for the dog/s to get into the country...

we had to show the vaccination cards to the vet before he signed the vet chekc forms, when checking dogs in at airport and the cards had to be sent on to australia with the dogs.

as said before if vet is saying that they won't do the vaccination without lepto then get a new vet!
Old May 8th 2006, 3:24 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

According to this 'ere piece of paper sent to me by Airpets... notable requirements include:

1. Import permit valid for 6 months (minimum of 4 weeks is required for application)
2. Permanent identification (microchip)
3. Blood test for Leptospirosis within 30 days, Brucella Canis and Ehrlichia within 30 days of export. All blood extractions need to be sent to The Central Veterinary Laboratory in Surry for testing.
4. Vaccinations required - distemper, parvo virus and para influenza - very important *not* to vaccinate for Leptospirosis. All vaccinations must be given not more than 12 months prior to export.
5. Treatment against Internal and External Parasites
6. Ministry of Agriculture Export Health certificate signed within 48 hours of export.

Old May 9th 2006, 2:29 am
Visa Bureau

rk1dayboy Wrote:
    > Sunny_Glesga wrote:
    >
    >
    > I'd love to hear some info on same top. We hope to go out early July.
    > Our dog is due his booster in July. Does he need to have this done.
    > We asked the same question about the booster with Lepto. He also said
    > it has to have the Lepto. What happens in this situation. Can the
    > booster be done when he arrives in Oz.
    >
    > Thanks for any replies.
    >
    > MK

Hi guys

I'm not 100% sure on what types of boosters your dogs would require. I
often refer www.airpets.co.uk who would be able to advise you on this
topic.

Good luck!

--

--

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net

Old May 9th 2006, 9:14 am
Rk1dayboy

Thank you for the reply

MK

Old May 9th 2006, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Hutch]According to this 'ere piece of paper sent to me by Airpets... notable requirements include:

1. Import permit valid for 6 months (minimum of 4 weeks is required for application)
2. Permanent identification (microchip)
3. Blood test for Leptospirosis within 30 days, Brucella Canis and Ehrlichia within 30 days of export. All blood extractions need to be sent to The Central Veterinary Laboratory in Surry for testing.
4. Vaccinations required - distemper, parvo virus and para influenza - very important *not* to vaccinate for Leptospirosis. All vaccinations must be given not more than 12 months prior to export.
5. Treatment against Internal and External Parasites
6. Ministry of Agriculture Export Health certificate signed within 48 hours of export.

Ive been after that sort of information myself so a very big thank you.
cheers Hutch you are a star
Mandy
Old May 9th 2006, 2:00 pm
Mark

Hi, hope this info helps:

http://tinyurl.com/lvv34

Regards

Mark

--
Mark

Old May 14th 2006, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Nurse Ratched and Patient is a jewel in the roughNurse Ratched and Patient is a jewel in the roughNurse Ratched and Patient is a jewel in the roughNurse Ratched and Patient is a jewel in the roughNurse Ratched and Patient is a jewel in the rough

Hello there, I'm am looking to take two dogs to oz, how long does shipping take?, do they get a chance to get out of their boxes, and roughly how much did it cost? Thank you
Old May 16th 2006, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

sion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud of
Smile Re: my dog

have a look at the attachment tells you everything you need to know
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
dog export advice.pdf (202.2 KB, 916 views)
Old May 19th 2006, 10:10 am
zeoldyank

On 8 May 2006 04:23:23 -0700, "rk1dayboy" <[email protected]>
wrote in <[email protected] .com>
    :

|>
    |>Sunny_Glesga wrote:
    |>> can any one help me on what my dog needs or doesent need for going to
    |>> australia.my vet said that you cant give the booster jag without the
    |>> lepto part so i didnt let her have the booster at all. does my dog need
    |>> any jags before going thanx
    |>>
    |>> --
    |>> Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    |>
    |>I'd love to hear some info on same top. We hope to go out early July.
    |>Our dog is due his booster in July. Does he need to have this done.
    |>We asked the same question about the booster with Lepto. He also said
    |>it has to have the Lepto. What happens in this situation. Can the
    |>booster be done when he arrives in Oz.
    |>
    |>Thanks for any replies.
    |>
    |>MK
Well, all pets used to have to spend weeks or months in
quarintee, but don't know if this is still the case. Might be
worth checking.
[email protected]