My dilemma

Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:16 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute
Default My dilemma

I just had an offer for the house...
The price is a little bit smaller than I expected...
But this is the first offer after two months!
I have to enter in Oz no further than June.
What to do? Accept it or not?
I'll have a better offer in this time or not, that's the question...
If I sell it now, I'll feel freely and no worries about the house. I'm drinking vodka and thinking of it, usually wine or beer...
It's also on the "barbie"
Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My dilemma

Originally Posted by skywalker
If I sell it now, I'll feel freely and no worries about the house. I'm drinking vodka and thinking of it, usually wine or beer...
ACCEPT IT, Ours took 10 months and it now looks like we are going back to square one and put it back on the market again. Get your solicitor on to it straight away, Get a deposit from them if they are serious.
Good Luck

John & Nicky
Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Skywalker....

Oooh it all depends, but if you're desperate and looking at your time-scale i'd take it! The average house sale takes 12 weeks to go through and this is based on a very smooth sale! So to meet your deadline, you're better off doing one!!
... but like i said, everything depends on personal circumstances, so if you think you'll have another offer in the meantime, or you think you can stick it out... do so!!

From my point of view... our house has been on the market a lot longer without an offer, so i'm losing it!! Pass the wine!!

Hope you make the right decision for you!!
Best wishes
Mish x x x
Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

I would too say accept if feesible, we accepted an offer on ours within a week or two of putting on market and that was back in November, small chain as our buyers are selling to people who have nothing to sell and obviously we are not buying so not really a chain at all and still have only just had a date for completion, which is March 17th, so all in all will have taken 16 weeks+ after agents saying no problem should complete in about 6-8 weeks yeah right!!! So I would tend to be worrying now if you have to validate by June.

Good luck in what you decide and just keep downing the voddies then it won't look so bad
Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Sell it, don't give yourself any unwanted stress.

We had our house on the market last year and as luck would have it, my brother-in-law offered, although for a knockdown price. He offered in August and we eventually completed in November.

Our house was a semi and the house next door, which was identical apart from having all windows double glazed and a conservatory was also on the market and they sold in October for the same price that my brother-in-law offered on ours.

Hazel
Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:32 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Update!

I just accepted the offer!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Update!

well done,it will be a relief to sell it.have sent you karma x irish
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:16 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Take it...you might not get another offer for months!! I took first offer which was 10K under...never regreted it! Might cost you more in mortgage if it doesn't sell for another six months or more?
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:17 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Update!

DOH!! i should read all posts before replying!!

Well done!!

Celebrate!!