My day...

Old May 13th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default My day...

1. Cut off twice from the travel agent - presumably because my request was in the too hard basket.
2. Eventually spoken to very brusquely by some young sales person who was very annoyed that I'd called because they only "usually do online bookings" (the web page said that they couldn't quote the price for some reason and that I had to call them)
2. Telephone call this morning to the orthodonist revealed that the referral which the dentist promised was sent two weeks ago was either never sent, never delivered or never received.
3. Travel agents promised to send a quote within 15 minutes. Two hours later I had to call them back again to find out where it was.
4. Itinerary eventually arrived with the surname spelt correctly on the subject line but incorrectly on the itinerary (which has to be the ultimate in slack -arsed work).
5. Accountant promised to call me last week. I call him today and he does not have a clue about our case. He's making it up as he goes along. Tax liability payment is due on Thursday!

This is after a night where some idiot was riding his motorbike over the neighbouring school fields at midnight (about 60 metres from the nearest houses) for about 45 minutes with the loudest exhaust you can imagine.

Please can someone who is objective and not a UK-hater tell me that these sorts of things happen in the UK also? Now that I've decided to leave Australia I get the feeling that my perception of the place is really deteriorating and I need some objectivity.
Old May 13th 2008, 12:04 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My day...

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
1. Cut off twice from the travel agent - presumably because my request was in the too hard basket.
2. Eventually spoken to very brusquely by some young sales person who was very annoyed that I'd called because they only "usually do online bookings" (the web page said that they couldn't quote the price for some reason and that I had to call them)
2. Telephone call this morning to the orthodonist revealed that the referral which the dentist promised was sent two weeks ago was either never sent, never delivered or never received.
3. Travel agents promised to send a quote within 15 minutes. Two hours later I had to call them back again to find out where it was.
4. Itinerary eventually arrived with the surname spelt correctly on the subject line but incorrectly on the itinerary (which has to be the ultimate in slack -arsed work).
5. Accountant promised to call me last week. I call him today and he does not have a clue about our case. He's making it up as he goes along. Tax liability payment is due on Thursday!

This is after a night where some idiot was riding his motorbike over the neighbouring school fields at midnight (about 60 metres from the nearest houses) for about 45 minutes with the loudest exhaust you can imagine.

Please can someone who is objective and not a UK-hater tell me that these sorts of things happen in the UK also? Now that I've decided to leave Australia I get the feeling that my perception of the place is really deteriorating and I need some objectivity.
Please don't go, It's good to know someone else lives here and finds it pants too.
Old May 13th 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Please don't go, It's good to know someone else lives here and finds it pants too.
Sorry Arkon - I've got to go. Come with me!
Old May 13th 2008, 12:10 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Arkon - I've got to go. Come with me!
Man I'd love too, but can't. Well and truly rooted.
Old May 13th 2008, 12:19 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

ok.

was up all night for the past 3 nights because there is a dickhead with a bike farting along the road and back along the field behind us from (here he is now) 1 until gone midnight.

Someone else is letting off fireworks so the kids are waking up absolutley petrified and wont go back to sleep after.

The council have just been banging on my door saying I havent paid any tax this year when I have every receipt given to me for the past 4 years, still adament I havent paid it, then calls his office just for them to say he is in the wrong bloody area!

I still cant hold of the solicitors to find out if they have even received the Stat dec they need to certify so we can get his assessment on.

Virgin (the wankers) have left me with no house phone for over a month because there is a fault on the line but "there is no-one available for the next two weeks" - bollocks.

and well, there's loads more but that will do for now.
Old May 13th 2008, 12:36 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Sheff_Sparky;6344104]

Virgin (the wankers) have left me with no house phone for over a month because there is a fault on the line but "there is no-one available for the next two weeks" - bollocks.[QUOTE]

Cresta57 was in the same boat a few weeks ago with Telstra. They not only cutoff his phone, but also his fax and internet. After complaining to them that they had cut it off, he was told that he had requested it. Not correct. After some serious negotiating:curse::curse:, ie demanding to speak to the senior manager, they finally said that it would take up to 10 days to reconnect - when they did, the phone and fax numbers were swapped. Boy was he pi**ed.
Old May 13th 2008, 1:26 pm

[QUOTE=The Bloke;6344167][QUOTE=Sheff_Sparky;6344104]

Virgin (the wankers) have left me with no house phone for over a month because there is a fault on the line but "there is no-one available for the next two weeks" - bollocks.

Cresta57 was in the same boat a few weeks ago with Telstra. They not only cutoff his phone, but also his fax and internet. After complaining to them that they had cut it off, he was told that he had requested it. Not correct. After some serious negotiating:curse::curse:, ie demanding to speak to the senior manager, they finally said that it would take up to 10 days to reconnect - when they did, the phone and fax numbers were swapped. Boy was he pi**ed.
Dont blame him.

Well after saying to me that there was no-one available for 2 weeks I complained and guess what?

I have my phone back with 28 flippin messages
Old May 13th 2008, 2:39 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I remember all the crap I had thrown at me prior to leaving the UK

I had the following:

1. Legal case with LA Fitness - Trading Standards involved - I won

2. Legal case with Sky - Trading Standards involved - I won

3. Battle with our landlord over deposit - he took it, I had poetic justice but it was dead stressful.

4. Row with BT over refusing to give them an Aussie address.

5. Row with British Gas - see above with BT.

6. Huge big fat row with Inland Revenue over tax return - my god that took alot of covering my back to verify the truth.

7. Row with National Grid - sweet Jesus you would think they would know how to lay a gas pipe - Oh no, they could have taken out the whole street.

8. Semi row with bank that could still grow into a fat row all the way from Australia .

When I got to Perth, I was prepared to fight for everything I had and with everyone that I 'thought' might block me because of the obstructive staff I had encountered in London in various companies.

Imagine my horror when I get put through to a human at the bank, human for the gas company, Westnet had my phone/internet up and running the moment we arrived at the house.

When we were having trouble sending money to UK, the bank sorted us out no problems and it was a human that patiently helped us.

When we had our identity stolen in the UK, our bank wouldnt even freeze our account as both of us were not there, the thieves further emptied the account. We were treated like shit by the bank and I will never forget it - both times by the way, it happened twice.

So there I was in Perth, all geared up to battle all the way - still wearing my UK battle gear and I have no battle.

I shall go and find one .

Seriously, when shit happens it feels like everything and everyone is against you and it isn't nice.

Last edited by Cheetah7; May 13th 2008 at 2:41 pm.
Old May 13th 2008, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Oh I remember all the crap I had thrown at me prior to leaving the UK

I had the following:

1. Legal case with LA Fitness - Trading Standards involved - I won

2. Legal case with Sky - Trading Standards involved - I won

3. Battle with our landlord over deposit - he took it, I had poetic justice but it was dead stressful.

4. Row with BT over refusing to give them an Aussie address.

5. Row with British Gas - see above with BT.

6. Huge big fat row with Inland Revenue over tax return - my god that took alot of covering my back to verify the truth.

7. Row with National Grid - sweet Jesus you would think they would know how to lay a gas pipe - Oh no, they could have taken out the whole street.

8. Semi row with bank that could still grow into a fat row all the way from Australia.

When I got to Perth, I was prepared to fight for everything I had and with everyone that I 'thought' might block me.

Imagine my horror when I get put through to a human at the bank, human for the gas company, Westnet had my phone/internet up and running the moment we arrived at the house.

When we were having trouble sending money to UK, the bank sorted us out no problems and it was a human.

When we had our identity stolen in the UK, our bank wouldnt even freeze our account as both of us were not there, the thieves further emptied the account.

So there I was in Perth, all geared up to battle all the way - still wearing my UK battle gear and I have no battle.

I shall go and find one.

Seriously, when shit happens it feels like everything and everyone is against you and it isn't nice.
Hang on.

You mean there are no machines "tell" your details to over and over again because it doesnt register anything - and then spend 1/2 hour on hold waiting to speak to someome who's english is so poor (bless them I know they are just doing a job and it must be hard for them but bloody hell.) you give up and slam the phone down in fustration?
Old May 13th 2008, 2:47 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
Hang on.

You mean there are no machines "tell" your details to over and over again because it doesnt register anything - and then spend 1/2 hour on hold waiting to speak to someome who's english is so poor (bless them I know they are just doing a job and it must be hard for them but bloody hell.) you give up and slam the phone down in fustration?
So far I haven't been put through to an Indian call centre.

Oh god I remember calling Sky one time and getting put through to India. This guy was trying to get me to give him my bank details and 'any passwords you might have madame please'.

'I am not as green as I am cabbage looking' I snorted in shock.

'Madame I did not call you a cabbage' he said sounding confused - his English was bad.

At the hospital where my friend works, the admin/secretarial work has been sent to India for typing and comes back peppered with mistakes. Huge mistake offloading work like that, huge mistake.

But so far, no problems with call centres - I shouldn't speak to soon, I will probably get put through to one.
Old May 13th 2008, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
So far I haven't been put through to an Indian call centre.

Oh god I remember calling Sky one time and getting put through to India. This guy was trying to get me to give him my bank details and 'any passwords you might have madame please'.

'I am not as green as I am cabbage looking' I snorted in shock.

'Madame I did not call you a cabbage' he said sounding confused - his English was bad.

At the hospital where my friend works, the admin/secretarial work has been sent to India for typing and comes back peppered with mistakes. Huge mistake offloading work like that, huge mistake.

But so far, no problems with call centres - I shouldn't speak to soon, I will probably get put through to one.
If they catch me in a bad mood (almost instant when i realise what they want) I wind them up all the time. It's great as my last name can be quite hard to read out loud. So I almost always pretend I'm not the person they are looking for but would like to know what they want anyway - I've been offered Sky 8 times now and they still havent twigged.
Old May 13th 2008, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
If they catch me in a bad mood (almost instant when i realise what they want) I wind them up all the time. It's great as my last name can be quite hard to read out loud. So I almost always pretend I'm not the person they are looking for but would like to know what they want anyway - I've been offered Sky 8 times now and they still havent twigged.
Old May 13th 2008, 3:12 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

In Aus.........oh they happen! and happen often BUT........you learn to say no worries smile nicely ...........

and every now and again.....get mad and complain like you should......give off stink! And if motivated by actually have to live here then demand better service, The more of us who do it will live to enjoy it.

I am at the very very cross stage of customer service and priciing here in Aus. If you know better .... demand it. For me if has worked at times...and if it does not I move my business and tell others not to bother.

Gosh I hope you feel more up to shouting back soon as a person from the UK should....do not let the bastards grind you down

Last edited by Sandra; May 13th 2008 at 3:17 pm.
Old May 14th 2008, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Not sure if I'm feeling better or worse after reading all of that.

Thanks for all the replies!
Old May 14th 2008, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they do, in fact I've found some things better here - like deliveries, they can usually give you an exact time when they'll be there rather than the UK's "somewhere between 7am and 5pm"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.