My Dad Got Knocked Down Tonight

Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:27 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My Dad Got Knocked Down Tonight

Sorry to hear about your dad Malcolm. Have a vodka on me
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:48 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Malcolm says "heres to a better rub of the blue next week!!

Donna.
I hope you two will do something that we can cheer about soon

Seriously though I hope things are going OK

Best wishes

G
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

You deserve a couple of drinks. Thinking of you both and your dad.....heres to a speedy recovery...cheers!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:52 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

I have just came back from the hospital again after picking my sister up from the airport.

My Dad's second operation was a success but it did take plastic surgery to close the wound in his leg.

He will go for a CT scan tomorrow, and they will also assess the shoulder damage.

All in all the old man is doing ok and after the week from hell i am going to have a couple of large vodka's & relax.

Again thankyou all for your kind messages of support, they really do mean a lot.

Malcolm.
Thank goodness for that, so glad the operation was a success finally. Good luck with the scan tomorrow let's hope he has a very speedy recovery so even if he can't cook you all Christmas dinner he can shout you orders from the comfort of his chair

Sasha
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Only just read your thread and hope that things are improving for you both. You've had more than enough to cope with recently, and hopefully life will deal you some good luck now. Thinking of you Logan
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Just came off duty read your post sorry to hear about your father hope he recovers soon love ireland
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

I keep reading your threads & they've gone from bad to worse! You must be down for some really fantastic times ahead to balance out all these bad things that your going through now. Fingers n' toes crossed for you both & your dad!! Good Luck with EVERYTHING from now on!

Remember, when the going gets tough the only way to cope is to just keep going till you reach the other side.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 10:02 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikk
I keep reading your threads & they've gone from bad to worse! You must be down for some really fantastic times ahead to balance out all these bad things that your going through now. Fingers n' toes crossed for you both & your dad!! Good Luck with EVERYTHING from now on!

Remember, when the going gets tough the only way to cope is to just keep going till you reach the other side.
Lucky pair of buggers are'nt we!! Vikk we have jumped plenty hurdles in the past and we will just keep jumping them until we see the finish line.

At the end of the day there is still folk a lot worse off than us, again folks thanks for keeping this thread going, it really does mean a lot.

Malcolm.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 10:47 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Malcolm says "heres to a better rub of the blue next week!!

Donna.
aye right, he would say that
glad things seem a little better today and lets hope what he said to the doctor is right
Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:31 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
aye right, he would say that
glad things seem a little better today and lets hope what he said to the doctor is right
I hope so mate, but i want to see how my pop's is doin first.

Right Admission Time.

My Dad is a very talented engineer, i am an engineer, my Dad moved abroad & done very well, i am moving abroad.

As daft as it sounds if you have went in a lift in Dubai the chances are my pop either installed it or supervised it being installed, the Irony, my pop is a Lift engineer, i am scared of heights, he took me working in a lift shaft once, he climbed onto the top of the lift 50 floors up & started barking out order's, i shat myself and walked to ground floor, my pop got to the ground floor and told me "dont worry son, just do the best you can"

Since that Day i think i have tried to do the best i can in what ever i have done, today i realised that no matter what you do in life and no matter how hard you try you just don't know what waits round the corner.

The other thing i realised is that while my mum is the best Grandma & mum you could ever wish for, she must also have had an absolute faith in her partner that let her go through every day shopping for milk & bread while her hubby rode on top of lifts hundreds of feet in the air and still had his dinner on the table at 6.00 every night.

On Thursday night my Pop never came home at 6, and my original post explains why.

While my Dad is a tough old *****er on the outside, at the sight of his grandaughters his heart melt's.

I guess all i am trying to say is God Bless You POP & no matter what your family loves you with all it's got.

Malcolm.

Last edited by madsad; Nov 19th 2004 at 11:40 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is both him and your mum obviously did a bloody good job bringing you up for you to still have such a positive take on life after what you have been dealt recently. But then if you don't, you go under and that doesn't work Hope the scan tomorrow is ok and hope your mum is dealing with it all ok. Make that vodka a large double
Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

alamo is an unknown quantity at this point

Malcolm & Donna,

I dont often visit this part of the site, but your headline obviously caught my eye. Cannot beleive the spell you guys are having. But it must mean improvement ahead.

Glad to hear your dads 2nd op went ok but am sure following applies at the Royal;

: single leg fracture = radio for football

: dble fracture = television (terrestrial only)

: dble frac & broken shoulder = sky tv

: injuries as above + lots of cuts + bruises = setanta package*

nb * means 20,000 people will all try to book the game at 1200 causing system to crash.
look up single leg fracture for alternative.

All the best for you and all your family.

Alamo

ps - mon the gers
Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:48 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alamo
ps - mon the gers
Can't believe how many Gers are on here when just about every Glasgae person I know follows the hoops.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by alamo
Malcolm & Donna,

I dont often visit this part of the site, but your headline obviously caught my eye. Cannot beleive the spell you guys are having. But it must mean improvement ahead.

Glad to hear your dads 2nd op went ok but am sure following applies at the Royal;

: single leg fracture = radio for football

: dble fracture = television (terrestrial only)

: dble frac & broken shoulder = sky tv

: injuries as above + lots of cuts + bruises = setanta package*

nb * means 20,000 people will all try to book the game at 1200 causing system to crash.
look up single leg fracture for alternative.

All the best for you and all your family.

Alamo

ps - mon the gers
When i was back at the hospital tonight with my sister my Dad went tonto because i have gave my season ticket away for the old firm game tomorrow!!

He asked me to leave him three quid to watch it on Hospital TV, he said "if you've no got three quid make sure you shout loud enough that i'll know when we have scored"

Malcolm.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
Can't believe how many Gers are on here when just about every Glasgae person I know follows the hoops.
There is no accounting for poor taste.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.