Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This is my container

This is my container

Old Jun 30th 2004, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default This is my container

hopefully this has worked

its nearly full now

Andy Thomas
Attached Thumbnails This is my container-container.jpg  
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:19 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate

Is that all your stuff???? Christ on a bike if it is, you have some gear. My 3 bed house is going with me and I am still going groupage.

Thinking about it though, I am single so dont have 64 pairs of shoes, 200 tops and dresses that I have only ever worn once, 30 sets of towels etc.

See you on the flip side mate for a cold one (if you're still up for it). I am awaiting confirmation from the fine wine about accommodation, havent heard for a few days.

Enjoy the trip
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by ianj
Mate

Is that all your stuff???? Christ on a bike if it is, you have some gear. My 3 bed house is going with me and I am still going groupage.

Thinking about it though, I am single so dont have 64 pairs of shoes, 200 tops and dresses that I have only ever worn once, 30 sets of towels etc.

See you on the flip side mate for a cold one (if you're still up for it). I am awaiting confirmation from the fine wine about accommodation, havent heard for a few days.

Enjoy the trip

Yes that is all my stuff, the container was 20' but we never managed to get the wardrobes x2, piano, bookcase and dryer in
decided to send the piano and bookcase groupage and may sell the rest with the house or whatever

cold one sounds good, wow will be there in 12 days

andy
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:42 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by andy thomas
Yes that is all my stuff, the container was 20' but we never managed to get the wardrobes x2, piano, bookcase and dryer in
decided to send the piano and bookcase groupage and may sell the rest with the house or whatever

andy
Piano might not like the change of climate. We were advised tom leave in UK.

Paul J
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:48 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by andy thomas

andy

Unless they are family heirlooms I wouldn't bother taking the wardrobes, you won't use them as nearly all houses have built cupboards.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:48 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Hi Andy,

Can I be so rude as to enquire how much such a huge container is costing to travel to Oz?

I'm planning on flogging most of our gear but may have second thoughts if the price is reasonable.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:51 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Plug
Hi Andy,

Can I be so rude as to enquire how much such a huge container is costing to travel to Oz?

I'm planning on flogging most of our gear but may have second thoughts if the price is reasonable.

Many thanks in advance.

We are taking our stuff in a 20ft and quoted £3060.00 with DAP removals, 3 bedroom house with the usual junk/furniture.

Have you seen the thread for the Hertforshire Meet on the 11th July ?
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:53 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Plug
Hi Andy,

Many thanks in advance.
We have had a few (5) quotes for a twenty foot container including packing loading etc and it ranges from £2800 - £5000 the best we have decided are £3400.

If this helps

And I agree don't bother with wardrobes and such like.

Paul J
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Andy,
you're nearly there! You'll breathe a sigh of relief when that container door is closed!
all the best for Melbourne let us know how you all get on.
H.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by leanda
Unless they are family heirlooms I wouldn't bother taking the wardrobes, you won't use them as nearly all houses have built cupboards.
must admit not bothered about the wardrobes.

Plug, container cost was £3385 door to door packed and unrapped.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Oy, who nicked my stuff????

its gone
Attached Thumbnails This is my container-picture-1.jpg  
Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:32 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

I wont be far behind you Andy. I land on 29th July and so will have to sort a cold one out. Also what about sorting a melbourne meet up for all??

Just thought as they normally take about a month to organise and so would be a good time after things have hopefully settled.

What do you reckon me old
Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

I wont be far behind you Andy. I land on 29th July and so will have to sort a cold one out. Also what about sorting a melbourne meet up for all??

Just thought as they normally take about a month to organise and so would be a good time after things have hopefully settled.

What do you reckon me old

I'm in for a meet up, someone who's already there will know the best place to have one, won't you guys
Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:47 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

You heard from you know who by the way????

I mailed to say I would be over 29th and that I would look at whatever for the temp. accommodation. I havent heard since so not sure if he got my email or not.

How far from Melbourne are you staying intially???
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

You heard from you know who by the way????

I mailed to say I would be over 29th and that I would look at whatever for the temp. accommodation. I havent heard since so not sure if he got my email or not.

How far from Melbourne are you staying intially???
dont worry, he'll have got it

stopping in holiday cabin in Chelsea for 2-4 weeks, then hope to settle somewhere on the mornington peninsula about an hour outside melbourne

I'll pm you with my hotmail address, if you have got or get msn messenger 6.2 we can chat and webcam on there,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.