Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My 2 week trip to NSW and VIC

My 2 week trip to NSW and VIC

Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My 2 week trip to NSW and VIC

Originally Posted by scottyboy
No Way!

We spent Christmas 1999 at the Amaroo YHA on Philip Island.
We were driving around Aus in a campervan and had to find somewhere
to spend xmas so we found the Amaroo from the Rough Guide and after
buttering up the old girl that owned it, she let us camp up around the back
near the wood pile.
We spent Xmas day on the beach along with a little fishing off the jetty.
We visited a wildlife sanctuary around there where I was bitten by a baby wombat.
Glad you had a nice trip. Thanks for the reminding me of a great time.

Scotty.

Amaroo were brill with us, as we never booked up prior to landing in Melbourne, the tourist place in Federation Square managed to get us booked for 4 nights (cheap too ).
I loved Philip Island so much when we go back to oz with the kids we will be happy to stay there again
Mandy
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

What a fab post. Sounds like you had an amazing time.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Amaroo were brill with us, as we never booked up prior to landing in Melbourne, the tourist place in Federation Square managed to get us booked for 4 nights (cheap too ).
I loved Philip Island so much when we go back to oz with the kids we will be happy to stay there again
Mandy
Glad to hear you enjoyed it, did you get chance to call at Rutherglen for a wine or three, you seemed to fit an awful lot into just 2 weeks. How was Wangaratta as hubby completely missed it on his reccie. Philip Island sounds really nice, lovely post, thanx for takin the time to fill us all in. Lol x
Old Oct 30th 2006, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith&Lol
Glad to hear you enjoyed it, did you get chance to call at Rutherglen for a wine or three, you seemed to fit an awful lot into just 2 weeks. How was Wangaratta as hubby completely missed it on his reccie. Philip Island sounds really nice, lovely post, thanx for takin the time to fill us all in. Lol x

We did visit Rutherglen, but only to see a rellie
Wangarrata was really nice, we went to a coffee bar called scribbles, the staff were brill, and the food was yummy
Mandy
Old Oct 30th 2006, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Wangarrata was really nice, we went to a coffee bar called scribbles, the staff were brill, and the food was yummy
Mandy
One thing we have got here is lots of coffee shops with yummy cakes so everyone ends up putting on several kilos when they first move here . Luckliy you missed Hollywoods or else you would still have been there waiting to be served .
It is Jazz festival here this weekend so just another excuse to eat drink and be merry .
Nicky
Old Oct 30th 2006, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
Did you see the big wine bottle (sort of half finished but looks good from a distance). It is pretty naff as far as the usual things (big pineapple etc) but you can tick it off your list of big things to see in Australia .
Nicky
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by NickyP
Did you see the big wine bottle (sort of half finished but looks good from a distance). It is pretty naff as far as the usual things (big pineapple etc) but you can tick it off your list of big things to see in Australia .
Nicky

Yeah it was pointed out to us. i wondered what it was.

I found too many yummy foods where we went and i now need to lose the extra pounds i came back with .
Hubby now has a craving for poached pear on toast with mascapone.
He had it for breckie while at St Kilda from the 'grocery bar'.
Mandy
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:13 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah it was pointed out to us. i wondered what it was.

I found too many yummy foods where we went and i now need to lose the extra pounds i came back with .
Hubby now has a craving for poached pear on toast with mascapone.
He had it for breckie while at St Kilda from the 'grocery bar'.
Mandy
ooo that sounds lovely Mandy, very unusual
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by possoms
ooo that sounds lovely Mandy, very unusual

i laughed when he asked me to re create it.
I managed to find the mascapone in tesco's. But as for poaching pears, i would not know where to begin
Mandy
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

I managed to find the mascapone in tesco's. But as for poaching pears, i would not know where to begin
Mandy
Hubby did a pudding once that involved pears poached in white wine, you just simmer the pears in wine until they are nice and soft (not to mention alcoholic ). He did them with a chocolate sauce but I am not sure about having them on toast.
Nicky
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by NickyP
Hubby did a pudding once that involved pears poached in white wine, you just simmer the pears in wine until they are nice and soft (not to mention alcoholic ). He did them with a chocolate sauce but I am not sure about having them on toast.
Nicky

My hubby would not normally consider such a strange breckie. Really loved it
Mandy
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:23 pm

Mandy
Hi just poach them in some apple juice
Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi just poach them in some apple juice

i will give that a go
How long for?
thanks Kay .
Mandy
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:50 pm

i will give that a go
How long for?
thanks Kay .
Mandy
hi about 20-30 mins, peel and core them but try and leave the stem on so you can pick them up, level the bottoms off so they stand in the pan keep basting them too. test em with a skewer

there are many recipes but a lot have wine in which I doubt you'd have for breakfast?

or you could just use sugar and water
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hubby has managed to sort out our photos.
hope they come up, these were taken in Albury and near Durras lake and Batemans bay
Attached Thumbnails My 2 week trip to NSW and VIC-00000027.jpg   My 2 week trip to NSW and VIC-00000014.jpg   My 2 week trip to NSW and VIC-00000007.jpg   My 2 week trip to NSW and VIC-10140001.jpg   My 2 week trip to NSW and VIC-10170002.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.