Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My 19 year old son leaves soon

My 19 year old son leaves soon

Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Normee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My 19 year old son leaves soon

Does he need any particular insurances for travel and whilst he stays in Austrialia...any advice would be great..
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of
Default Re: My 19 year old son leaves soon

Working Holiday Visa aye?

He will do for medical/travel etc yes.

I used insureandgo.com a few years ago. Was a good price for good cover for the full year. It's called Gap Year insurance.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

BTW I am a SAFC supporter too...
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Normee
BTW I am a SAFC supporter too...
I've just worked out who ye are

I thought you were dead?
Old Dec 20th 2010, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hey BF, you ok....no mate am still alive n kicking...... just trying to get my eldest ready for his new life, then to us, but already proving to be very expensive, I mean for the professional help, already been quoted 8800 aud +....
Old Dec 20th 2010, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey BF, you ok....no mate am still alive n kicking...... just trying to get my eldest ready for his new life, then to us, but already proving to be very expensive, I mean for the professional help, already been quoted 8800 aud +....
All good mate!

Aye seen your other thread.

I reckon for your case professional help would be a good investment but those prices do seem high. Have seen the agents mentioned on that thread helping out on here so seem sound enough.

Thankfully mine is straightforward so should be able to get through it alone

Good luck Norm and if ye need owt give me a shout here or the SMB. Went to Oz on a WHV meself a few years ago.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steen1976
All good mate!

Aye seen your other thread.

I reckon for your case professional help would be a good investment but those prices do seem high. Have seen the agents mentioned on that thread helping out on here so seem sound enough.

Thankfully mine is straightforward so should be able to get through it alone

Good luck Norm and if ye need owt give me a shout here or the SMB. Went to Oz on a WHV meself a few years ago.
Really, would you not suggest cutting the middle man out and doing it myself. I mean the 163 visa?

I today contacted Ian Harrop but he does not do business start up visas, has recommended me a Richard Gregan? Heard of him?
Old Dec 21st 2010, 12:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Really, would you not suggest cutting the middle man out and doing it myself. I mean the 163 visa?

I today contacted Ian Harrop but he does not do business start up visas, has recommended me a Richard Gregan? Heard of him?
Butting in here but if Ian has recommended someone I'd be happy to use him.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't know anything about different agents marra other than I see some of them helping out on here.

Our visa should be a straightforward employer nominated visa. Wife has job offer, employer has sponsored many before, both young and healthy etc. So I'm not looking to use an agent.

But I would have thought for a business visa like that it could be quite complicated and would have to ensure you put your best case forward. So some experienced eyes to go through it would help and if you are desperate to go I'd say it would be worth paying for.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, I have to agree with you...cheers marra...