It MUST matter!

Old Jun 22nd 2003, 9:58 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default It MUST matter!

I remember a post about a month ago asking "will property price rises change your mind about moving"
Well, having just done a search on realestate.com.au I see prices have jump a massive amount in that short time frame.
A house costing $350.000 just about 12 months ago is now in the region of $500.000.
So with property putting on fat rises so quickly and indeed surely now outside some peoples original plans will it affect your decision or not?.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It MUST matter!

Originally posted by paulf
I remember a post about a month ago asking "will property price rises change your mind about moving"
Well, having just done a search on realestate.com.au I see prices have jump a massive amount in that short time frame.
A house costing $350.000 just about 12 months ago is now in the region of $500.000.
So with property putting on fat rises so quickly and indeed surely now outside some peoples original plans will it affect your decision or not?.

Are you talking about City prices paul?

For the rural areas of Western Australia , propery prices do not appear to have increased much if at all over the last 12 months.

If you are going from the UK the rise in house prices here more than compensate for the rises in Australia.

Tony C
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Paulf,

It has made a difference to our plans as we did not intend being in the same position here with a big mortgage etc. So the big hike in house prices would mean just that.

Tony, not everyone in the UK has made sheds full of cash on property,
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 12:07 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

So Karawara...Are you still moving out there to live?
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 12:38 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought on property - we came to Sydney a year ago and were not in position to buy (house still in the UK etc). I understand well about looking at house prices on the web - I had spent the year prior to moving searching and searching. My move over the past years seems to have been dominated by looking at exchange rates/house prices/moving costs. My point is I was never going to get it right - 2.9 and low prices would have been nice! But I ended up with 2.49/lower UK price to sell and rising prices in Sydney. I revised what I was looking for - which means I got smarter, took longer looking at houses/mortgage offers and further opportunities. I may be lucky and my move to Aus was not all about getting rid of the mortgage (we have ended with a bigger one!) and I had a job to swop to. But stay sane there are lots more than the houses you see on the web and they are not necessarily representative of what you may want. I understand if money is a main factor it was for us too to be able to survive, but there is more to the move than that(?).

In terms of wealth - depending on how you count it - I had a far higher disposable income in the UK, but I came for the challenge and determined to enjoy our family of four - in those terms I am thriving. Make sure you know your priorities, they will be very important to your success
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 7:48 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Just in general Tony, for instance Say myself or Karawara was looking to buy a four bedroom brick built house with pool and say 1 acre of land in the Tamborine area of QLD, well now you would need to budget for another 100 grand aus, than when you first started the paper work for your immigration.
So maybe the type of house or at least the spec would need revising, IE lose the pool or the fourth bedroom etc.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karawara88
Paulf,

It has made a difference to our plans as we did not intend being in the same position here with a big mortgage etc. So the big hike in house prices would mean just that.

Tony, not everyone in the UK has made sheds full of cash on property,
Sheds full of cash on their property - neither have we, and we certainly aren't looking at $350 - $500,000 for a home either. More a shoe box that we can add to at a later date.

Sue
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 7:58 pm
?????????

Yeah I know Sue, but EVERYTHING is on the rise now.
Remember the Monty Pyton Sketch, "We lived in a shoebox in middle of road....."
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest Paulf, The houses are a lot more expensive in Queensland, Brisbane etc. We are going WA, and maybe nowhere near Perth. We have found the houses a lot cheaper in Bunbury, Albany etc, but as you come nearer to the City of Perth, the prices rise quite significantly.
Whatever happens, I think that we will rent short term, even if it is only a couple of months to make sure that we know where we want to live.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul

Without getting into slagging match, the house prices have been a major concern to us. We aren`t looking for a mansion either but prices have increased quite a lot since we began looking last year and also our property is diving as well!! Who knows what we will do?

footie chick
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

So Karawara...Are you still moving out there to live?
At the moment we have no idea. ! we have one way tickets, but now have no intention of buying a property in Australia and instead invested half of our available cash in a rental property here.

We always intended to rent first and decide where to live so it made far more econmic sense to buy a property here to give us income rather than leaving the cash in bank.

We have also cancelled our shipping and instead stored our stuff in the garden shed, loft etc. ! I am not joking.

This has now released us to travel, we have no brats so are free to explore.

The intended destination was Perth and this will be a starting point, the situation with the rise in house prices meant we would need to live further from the city probably south WA but that reduces the possibility of finding work. If we live nearer the city have to get massive mortgage and have to work, therefore not in a better position than here. So its all catch 22.

For those that say they are going to Oz and the money, exchange rate, prices of houses is not an issue thats great. But for us it is an issue. So means we need to look outside the box for an alternative, this may well be France, Spain or in the end UK.

Only time will tell. Hope that explains what we are doing.

Good luck to all everyone and hope your dreams and plans work out.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 8:51 pm
?????????

I agree Chris, but I think it's a matter of wait and see, I hope the Americans pull their finger out and get their dollar back on track so things start heading in the right direction. Fingers and toes and everything else crossed till then.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by crabtree
Are you talking about City prices paul?

For the rural areas of Western Australia , propery prices do not appear to have increased much if at all over the last 12 months.

If you are going from the UK the rise in house prices here more than compensate for the rises in Australia.

Tony C
I must agree with you Tony in part. The rural areas i have looked at dont move in price much. Also the prices in the uk have gone up about 20% in the last year, So for me its not bad news.

Those moving to and from Cities might not be so lucky but then they can always cut their cloth to suit their budget,

PC
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 9:43 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE]Originally posted by porkchop
I must agree with you Tony in part. The rural areas i have looked at dont move in price much. Also the prices in the uk have gone up about 20% in the last year, So for me its not bad news.

I'll be looking for somewhere to build in rural in South Queensland, about 15-30mins to the coast. We had our place here valued last year, we have just accepted an offer of nearly 20% more, quite a hike, so it shouldn't make too much difference to us.

Slater
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 10:03 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

"a shoe box int middle a road......luxury, sheer bloody luxury

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.