Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The MUST HAVE item for a long haul flight!

Wikiposts

The MUST HAVE item for a long haul flight!

Old Jan 16th 2006, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The MUST HAVE item for a long haul flight!

Originally Posted by irishbloo
hey thats what i thought.having said that i flew back from Ireland last week with the two kids.couldn't find seats together for all three of us so we had to split up.my son had to sit in between an elderly couple who looked after him and gave him pringles.my daughter(could talk for Ireland)sat next to a family that shared there crayons with her.well poor me had to sit a few rows back next to avery nice young man ,sipping my g&t. very nice,very peaceful-might try that again x irishbloo

I'VE NEVER SEEN A CHILD THROW THEIR GUTS UP FOR 15 HOURS SOLID BEFORE.DUBAI TO BRISBANE WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!!!!!
The plane touches down, we're in the long ,long queue waiting for immigration and the little horror pipes up 'mum,I'm hungry !!!'
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Red face Re: The MUST HAVE item for a long haul flight!

Originally Posted by Nick11
I'VE NEVER SEEN A CHILD THROW THEIR GUTS UP FOR 15 HOURS SOLID BEFORE.DUBAI TO BRISBANE WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!!!!!
The plane touches down, we're in the long ,long queue waiting for immigration and the little horror pipes up 'mum,I'm hungry !!!'
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol,lol...well how typical is that!
I'm dreading the flight I must admit, never flown quite that far before. We're going to Perth doing a reccie trip before we make the decision whether to go for the 'immigration' hurdle or not. There's 9 of us going out so should be fun! (includes 4 kids!!) OH MY GOD...NIGHTMARE!!!
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:20 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

The noise cancellers can go for as little as $33 USD so if you have a friend/family member in America already posting you something.....
Old Jan 20th 2006, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone mentioned those anti-DVT tights thingys? I'm gonna buy a pair at Heathrow.

A good book, a fully charged ipod and a few glasses of red wine.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:10 am
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Have any of you actually got kids?????
can you imagine travelling with earplugs and an mp3 with 2 kids to look after, lol...now that's funny!!!
No, no kids but the question was what do I take, so there you go!

No doubt, at some point I will join the rest of the world in kiddiedom! What goes around, comes around....mind you , on our last flight to Oz, there were two women with 4 or 5 kids between them looking knackered - after a while, I noticed both their husbands sitting several rows behind them, they wandered over for the occasional chat but that was it!

Y.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:07 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stephen
Has anyone mentioned those anti-DVT tights thingys? I'm gonna buy a pair at Heathrow.

A good book, a fully charged ipod and a few glasses of red wine.
actually the best preventation of DVT is NOT socks, but no red wine
the thing is - the less you move (from sleeping), the more static your blood and the higher risk of DVT.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:14 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yonk
No, no kids but the question was what do I take, so there you go!

No doubt, at some point I will join the rest of the world in kiddiedom! What goes around, comes around....mind you , on our last flight to Oz, there were two women with 4 or 5 kids between them looking knackered - after a while, I noticed both their husbands sitting several rows behind them, they wandered over for the occasional chat but that was it!

Y.
That's grounds for divorce
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
actually the best preventation of DVT is NOT socks, but no red wine
the thing is - the less you move (from sleeping), the more static your blood and the higher risk of DVT.

I thought alcohol thinned the blood?