Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The MUST HAVE item for a long haul flight!

The MUST HAVE item for a long haul flight!

Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:03 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default The MUST HAVE item for a long haul flight!

I bought a pair of 'Noise cancelling headphones' for our flight to Oz. Wasn't sure if they were any good, so bought a pair of Ebay, brand new for around 20 pounds.
If you don't know how they work, it is a small box of tricks connected to the headphones which produces and opposite sound wave to the backgorund noise and so cancels out the background noise, well almost.

They were AMAZING!! If there was one item to take on a flight, it just has to be a pair of these. You can buy a more expensive pair of Bose for just over 100 pounds and they probably are much better than the ones I got? But the Philips HN060 pair that I bought were so good. It doesn't completey block out all noise, but the background noise is so insignifficant, you get completely absorbed in the films and music. Towards the end of the flight I swapped with my wife for a pair of the standard airline headphones, compared to the Phillips pair, they were absolutely rubbish, in fact worse than rubbish and she was 'blown away' with how good mine were.

Go on, it'll be the best 20 pounds you ever spend! :-)

Neil
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:35 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The MUST HAVE item for a long haul flight!

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
I bought a pair of 'Noise cancelling headphones' for our flight to Oz. Wasn't sure if they were any good, so bought a pair of Ebay, brand new for around 20 pounds.
If you don't know how they work, it is a small box of tricks connected to the headphones which produces and opposite sound wave to the backgorund noise and so cancels out the background noise, well almost.

They were AMAZING!! If there was one item to take on a flight, it just has to be a pair of these. You can buy a more expensive pair of Bose for just over 100 pounds and they probably are much better than the ones I got? But the Philips HN060 pair that I bought were so good. It doesn't completey block out all noise, but the background noise is so insignifficant, you get completely absorbed in the films and music. Towards the end of the flight I swapped with my wife for a pair of the standard airline headphones, compared to the Phillips pair, they were absolutely rubbish, in fact worse than rubbish and she was 'blown away' with how good mine were.

Neil
how many you selling on Ebay?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Neil
I got myself a pair of Etymotic Er6i's for my Ipod, off Ebay from the States

They were a bit more expensive than £20 but much less than the £100 RRP in the UK

They're 'in ear' plugs as opposed to headphones as such, but in terms of sound isolation they're fantastic

Had a few scrapes whilst out road-walking. Need to use the green cross code a bit more I reckon

Just the job for when the Mrs starts nagging .........
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I always take a pack of cards - I can spend hours cheating at solitaire!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:51 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
I got myself a pair of Etymotic Er6i's for my Ipod, off Ebay from the States

They were a bit more expensive than £20 but much less than the £100 RRP in the UK

They're 'in ear' plugs as opposed to headphones as such, but in terms of sound isolation they're fantastic

Had a few scrapes whilst out road-walking. Need to use the green cross code a bit more I reckon

Just the job for when the Mrs starts nagging .........

yep, i bought a pair of those recently - they are fab. i cant hear the kids at ALL
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Neil
neill dont you like the sound of your wifes voice.x irishbloo
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

I got the Philips ones too for my flights to Perth last month - highly recommend them . I'd also recommend Night Nurse capsules - slept most of the time in the air. Only recommended for those child-free flights though .
TJ
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

MP3 player, good book and small pillow for my neck

Lisa.x
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:34 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

PSP with loads of movies and games
Old Jan 10th 2006, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

MY advice for anyone on the long hall flight is several large whiskys for your journey but they make your ears very wet. lol
Old Jan 10th 2006, 12:29 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

'Scuse the spelling, but Fenurgan for the kids.

Paul.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Inflatable neck pillows (we got cheap ones from Asda), I have always found it hard to get comfortable enough to sleep, but the whole family were snoozing last time. They're only £5.00 or so each, well worth it.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:51 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Well if you're looking for suggestions, how about a Skybed?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:50 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Toothpaste, toothbrush, and wet wipes.
Everything else I can and have done without. I always bring a book or two and never read them. I just go into a state of zen for the flight.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:26 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Thank you! Never knew they existed! Bidding on one now!

Jayne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.