Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Music for a wedding

Music for a wedding

Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:06 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Music for a wedding

No, it's not my wedding....my mate's getting married in Sydney in about 10 days time and she is currently stressing about what music to play at the almighty great piss-up she's having afterwards (Cohi Bar, Darling Harbour - anyone know it??!!).

Anyone got any suggestions?

Nothing too Celine Dion...
Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Music for a wedding

Originally posted by bundy
No, it's not my wedding....my mate's getting married in Sydney in about 10 days time and she is currently stressing about what music to play at the almighty great piss-up she's having afterwards (Cohi Bar, Darling Harbour - anyone know it??!!).

i am as i wite sorting out music for my wedding!!! but am afraid as i am having an indian wedding - my music may not be of any use to her...if shes desperate - she can contact me - i have loads of it!!! and happy to share!!!!
Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Bolton is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.cohibar.com.au/

Here you go...
Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:20 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bolton

Here you go...
I reckon that will do!!!! Cocktails sound dangerous...
Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Bolton is an unknown quantity at this point

Here you go...
I did a load of CDs for mine I hired a bar in Weybridge in Surrey. I started with my fav crooners like Peggy Lee (feever) Louis Armstrong (wonderful world) etc. whilst people were chatting and getting settled then did the lively dance stuff later once they had a cocktail or two in them. Had a huge day and night. DH is such a brilliant spot with the view over to the CBD the water and the city lights...pure magic.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:24 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I reckon that will do!!!! Cocktails sound dangerous...
You could get the groom to sing a rendition of "please release me"??

I have to admit, at our wedding we hired a dj and pretty much left it up to him. Just said to him "nothing too cheesy" and is was great!

Is she getting all the music together herself then?
Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:28 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by PeteY
You could get the groom to sing a rendition of "please release me"??

I have to admit, at our wedding we hired a dj and pretty much left it up to him. Just said to him "nothing too cheesy" and is was great!

Is she getting all the music together herself then?
Shouldn't joke....it's kind of a shotgun wedding. They've only been together 7 months. Loved-up and all that, but she's a pom and wants to stay in Oz.

We suggested Desperado which earned me a cyber-thump
Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:29 am
tennisoz

Suddenly by Angry Anderson (Scott and Charlene)!!!

TennisOz

Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:32 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by tennisoz

TennisOz

I mentioned that one too...but she thought some people might not get the ironic statement
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by tennisoz

TennisOz

We had Frankie Goes To Hollywood singing Power Of Love

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I did a load of CDs for mine I hired a bar in Weybridge in Surrey. I started with my fav crooners like Peggy Lee (feever) Louis Armstrong (wonderful world) etc. whilst people were chatting and getting settled then did the lively dance stuff later once they had a cocktail or two in them. Had a huge day and night. DH is such a brilliant spot with the view over to the CBD the water and the city lights...pure magic.
Which bar was it in weybridge?
Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby's in a band and would do you a good gig, but you'd have to fly them in from Adelaide.....what do you think?

Mash ...

Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by mashiraz
Hubby's in a band and would do you a good gig, but you'd have to fly them in from Adelaide.....what do you think?

Mash ...

Hey..thats great Mash...what kinda music do you play?
Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:54 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by mashiraz

Mash ...

Erm...nice idea...but she's a bit low on the funds. I offered to sing, but I'm tone deaf so it would be the worst wedding present imaginable!
Old Oct 21st 2003, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

He's joined a cover type band but their material might need a shake up as it's much more rocky and edgy (that what he says!) than the UK stuff he used to do. Basically party type stuff, prefect for wedding and company christmas do's!!

Anyway they are pretty good and committed!

Will travel too

Mash

Originally posted by podgypossum
Hey..thats great Mash...what kinda music do you play?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.