Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mum's meet up in Melbourne?

Mum's meet up in Melbourne?

Old Jul 3rd 2011, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

roobush has a spectacular aura aboutroobush has a spectacular aura aboutroobush has a spectacular aura about
Default Mum's meet up in Melbourne?

Hello!

We're a family of three who have just moved over to Melbourne with our son who is four.

We're currently in a short term let in inner city melbourne while looking for a place to rent in the bayside area hopefully. It's only been a week in so far, but we like it very much!

Are there any new arrivals out there who'd like to meet up for a coffee and a playdate somewhere in the CBD, say birrarung marr playground?

It would be good to chat to a mum in a similar boat and share tips etc on how to survive those first stressful months!

cheers for now
roobush
Old Jul 4th 2011, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

emmafaye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mum's meet up in Melbourne?

Originally Posted by roobush
Hello!

We're a family of three who have just moved over to Melbourne with our son who is four.

We're currently in a short term let in inner city melbourne while looking for a place to rent in the bayside area hopefully. It's only been a week in so far, but we like it very much!

Are there any new arrivals out there who'd like to meet up for a coffee and a playdate somewhere in the CBD, say birrarung marr playground?

It would be good to chat to a mum in a similar boat and share tips etc on how to survive those first stressful months!

cheers for now
roobush
Hi,

We are a family of 3, me (31) hubby (42) and daughter (4). We are arriving in Williamstown on 3rd August and will be in a townhouse for 6 weeks until we find a rental property that suits. Would love to meet up with other people as hubby will be out at work during the day, and a playmate for the little one would be a godsend!

Emma x
Old Jul 7th 2011, 3:43 am
Just Joined

kirstymc123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roobush
Hello!

cheers for now
roobush

hi

we are living in melbourne me (290 hubby (29) and two boys 5 and 18months old... i am australian and my husband is scottish... been here for abouta year and a hlf and definitely would like to start meeting up with people from uk that have the moove in common.... we are in the west of melbourne...
Old Aug 24th 2011, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kirstymc123
hi

we are living in melbourne me (290 hubby (29) and two boys 5 and 18months old... i am australian and my husband is scottish... been here for abouta year and a hlf and definitely would like to start meeting up with people from uk that have the moove in common.... we are in the west of melbourne...
Hi,

Whereabouts in the West are you? We have been here for 4 weeks now, moved over from the UK and are renting in Werribee. I have a 4 yo daughter and hubby works in CBD, so am on my own for most of the day!

Em x
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

NikkiKK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, I've just moved here 7 weeks ago, Daughter is 5, would love to meet up with other mums, I live in Hampton, About 20mins from the city
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Lany is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NikkiKK
Hi Guys, I've just moved here 7 weeks ago, Daughter is 5, would love to meet up with other mums, I live in Hampton, About 20mins from the city
Hi everyone, I would be really interested in any meetups that you organise. I'm 32 and have a 5 year old son. I am from NI.This is my second time living in Melbourne and have been here for a year. I live in lyndhurst (nr cranbourne) but have a car so can meet anywhere.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Hi all,

Have been thinking about arranging a meet up sometime soon, does anyone have any preference whether its in the city, or to the east/west, for transport reasons etc?

Also, would people prefer an indoor playbarn type thing, or a beach/picnic in park?

Hopefully we can arrange something soon,

Emma x
Old Aug 30th 2011, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

I think the picnic in a park would be nice, I drive so I don't really mind where we meet,
Old Aug 30th 2011, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Yes my thoughts also. How does Thursday 8th September sound to people? Or would you all prefer to bring the hubbys along too? (Am thinking would have to be a weekend for most if so)

Em x
Old Aug 30th 2011, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

I'll be leaving the other half behind lol,, Need a break,, Well he works Monday to sat so no choice really. Weekdays suit me fine, Some other may be working though?
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

marys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I am new to this but I would love to catch up.. I have a two year old and live in Rowville . I also have a car so can drive to where ever..
Maryx
Old Sep 9th 2011, 4:20 am
Just Joined

kirstymc123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emmafaye
Hi,

Whereabouts in the West are you? We have been here for 4 weeks now, moved over from the UK and are renting in Werribee. I have a 4 yo daughter and hubby works in CBD, so am on my own for most of the day!

Em x
Hi Em

I really dont know how this works and whether you will get this message but if you do, if you are on facebook, then add me... i am kirsty mcculloch or i think you can search for kirsty asciak (maiden name) which might make it easier.... it would be great to meet up as I am around the corener in caroline springs....
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:43 pm
faf
Forum Regular

faf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nice

Originally Posted by kirstymc123
Hi Em

I really dont know how this works and whether you will get this message but if you do, if you are on facebook, then add me... i am kirsty mcculloch or i think you can search for kirsty asciak (maiden name) which might make it easier.... it would be great to meet up as I am around the corener in caroline springs....
Hello

I've stumbled across this topic and I was wondering if a date and time was arranged? I'm a stay at home mum with a 3 1/2 year old daughter. I would love to meet others in the same situation.

Mary I noticed that you also live in the eastern suburbs, I'm in The Basin so if you ever fancy a play in the park drop me a PM.

Sara
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Don't think anything has been organised yet, I'm a stay at home mother aswel, daughter is 5, We are living in Hampton,
Old Oct 9th 2011, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

marys is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Mum's meet up in Melbourne?

Hello just thought I see if anything has been organised.. Thursday and fridays suit me best as I work part time. Also sara i would love to catch up.. there is a few nice play centres round here. I particularly like ecoplayspace in ferntree gully. I have a very active two year old who i like to keep busy... parks and playcentres are always a good solution. maryx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.