Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mummy meets south brisbane

Mummy meets south brisbane

Old May 18th 2009, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

Thanks Est, I'll text her and see if she is coming. Do you remember how long she was going to visit her sister for?

Enjoy packing/sorting!! Rather you than me!!!
Old May 19th 2009, 9:02 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

If weather raining I can make it as Erykah will be at kindy and the day in park cancelled so let me know where and me and Xavier will come.

Jo
Old May 19th 2009, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Jodr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Est
Hey Lianne - from memory I think Jo & Zara.

Esther
Hi Lianne

Zara and I will be coming on Friday. Also had a thought about the weather. That cafe at New farm sounds good, where is it?

Jo
Old May 20th 2009, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

kissfritz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jodr
Hi Lianne

Zara and I will be coming on Friday. Also had a thought about the weather. That cafe at New farm sounds good, where is it?

Jo
Hi there
The cafe I mentioned is called The Hutch. I have had take away coffee from there but not sat in there. I noticed they had a small play pen with some toys etc. On their website they refer to a kids room with plasma tv but have not seen it (so ok for older kids maybe??) and you can see some images www.thehutchbistro.com.au/gallery.html. If we are all happy to give it a go why not - just bear in mind it's not totally kid friendly ie busy place, doors open to the street and if there are a few of us the playpen's gonna get cosy!!
What's everyone think?????

The address is Welsby St but it also fronts Merthyr Rd (which you drive along to get to the Powerhouse) so is close to the Park.
Old May 20th 2009, 7:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kissfritz
Hi there
The cafe I mentioned is called The Hutch. I have had take away coffee from there but not sat in there. I noticed they had a small play pen with some toys etc. On their website they refer to a kids room with plasma tv but have not seen it (so ok for older kids maybe??) and you can see some images www.thehutchbistro.com.au/gallery.html. If we are all happy to give it a go why not - just bear in mind it's not totally kid friendly ie busy place, doors open to the street and if there are a few of us the playpen's gonna get cosy!!
What's everyone think?????

The address is Welsby St but it also fronts Merthyr Rd (which you drive along to get to the Powerhouse) so is close to the Park.
Hi Chrissie

I am happy to give it a go although if the weather is like it was today, I am staying put!! Is there parking nearby?
Jo
Old May 20th 2009, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's worth trying, it maybe a little cosy but hey, you won't know if it's any good until we try it. To be honest if the weather carries on, I won't be making it through the floods anyway!!!!! Thought I was never going to get home today trying to avoid all the nightmare roads!
Old May 20th 2009, 10:03 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,

I won't be coming out on Friday, but if you are looking for a child friendly cafe to meet at, you should check this place out.

http://www.breathingspacecafe.com.au/

Lena
Old May 20th 2009, 10:32 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Lianne. I also struggled to get home today from New Farm had to turn back a couple of times as the roads cut off. House leaking too!!!

I will text you on friday to let you know if I am coming but if the weather is still wet then Erykah will be in Pre school and the activity morning cancelled so will be able to as long as we are not flooded still

Jo
Old May 21st 2009, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jodr
Hi Chrissie

I am happy to give it a go although if the weather is like it was today, I am staying put!! Is there parking nearby?
Jo
Street parking is usually ok reasonably close to the cafe on Lamington St/Sydney St/Welsby St etc. If you don't want to drive around waiting for a spot I guess you could either park in the underground car park at New Farm shopping village and walk down Sydney Street/Wellsby St (they say it's only short term parking but don't know if they monitor it that rigorously??) or park in New Farm Park and walk back to Lamington St from there. Both free. x
BTW I said The Hutch sides onto Merthyr Rd WHICH IS WRONG. It's sides onto Lamington St/Welsby St
Old May 21st 2009, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Hiya,

I won't be coming out on Friday, but if you are looking for a child friendly cafe to meet at, you should check this place out.

http://www.breathingspacecafe.com.au/

Lena
Hi Lena
Yeah this place is great, we gave it a go once. Really good for those on the Indooroopilly side too
Old May 21st 2009, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi there

SORRY, MY MISTAKE - IT SIDES ONTO LAMINGTON ST NOT MERTHYR RD
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi there
Next meet is at New Farm Park playground - Friday 10am 29 May. If weather is bad we can opt for The Hutch as we did today.

I really liked this cafe as a place to hang out with or without babies. Coffee was good, muffins were very good and it felt comfy and had a good vibe. Playpen and toys worked well for the little ones and staff were welcoming (and owner from Yorkshire!!!)
Old May 22nd 2009, 4:06 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

Great that you've found somewhere nice for when its bad weather.

Unfortunately we won't be able to make next weeks meet either - we are having a weekend away

Hope to catch up the following week

Esther
Old May 22nd 2009, 4:08 am
Pass The Post

Hi there
Next meet is at New Farm Park playground - Friday 10am 29 May. If weather is bad we can opt for The Hutch as we did today.

I really liked this cafe as a place to hang out with or without babies. Coffee was good, muffins were very good and it felt comfy and had a good vibe. Playpen and toys worked well for the little ones and staff were welcoming (and owner from Yorkshire!!!)

Got to agree it worked for Xavier he had a ball in the playpen with Zara and Grace. It was spacious compared to Breathing Space cafe and parking in the streets was not a problem. Not sure it would work for older kids though. They did have a TV though so if ABC kids was on Erykah would watch it ( I dont have her with me anymore so thinking of others that may have older kids)

Jo
Old May 22nd 2009, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

I also really enjoyed The Hutch, thought the playpen was a win, giving us a chance to have a coffee and relax knowing that the babies were happy. Think I might go there myself when I feel like a coffee and pop Zara in the playpen. She enjoyed playing with Grace and Xavier too!

See you next week at New farm! Have fab weekends.

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.