Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mummy meets south brisbane

Mummy meets south brisbane

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 4:49 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

Originally Posted by kissfritz

I get the impression that as people have got to know each other they dont need this forum so much to get together with other pommy mums who you really get on with - and that is just a natural progression I think. That said I would love to keep the meets going too and will try to pull my finger out and make it to more if that helps.

I agree with the above.

For me with Christmas and going to the UK recently I have been a little slack with the meets, although I did make last week! It would be a real shame to lose the meets completely.

I live 18ks south and would prefer something central i.e southbank/new farm like we did initially.

Est
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:17 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Est

Lets hope the voting helps us decide on times/days and places to suit. I love New Farm its just so hot at the mo though. When does it cool down? Saying that this week would have worked if it stays cloudy. Southbank is just no good for me if it falls on a day I have both kids as I cant watch Erykah round water with Xavier in tow and at the mo it is too hot.

I agree we need to find something that is fair to all.

Jo
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:23 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joh117

When does it cool down?
March is the start of autumn so it should be starting to cool down by then.

Est
Old Feb 12th 2009, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

Next meet is tomorrow, Fri 13th Feb at Little tigrrs at Homezone, Newmarket Road in Wilston/Windsor at 10am.

We are under the name 'british expats' in case they say they are full!!

Hope to see you there
Old Feb 21st 2009, 10:18 pm
Est
Forum Regular

Is anyone up for a meet on Friday 6th March somewhere central?

Esther
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:09 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

The next meet is Friday 26th Feb at Little Tiggrs at 10am.

Not sure if I will be there but there is a booking under British Expats. If we are going to stop going to Little Tiggrs this will need cancelling as its a regular booking every fortnight.

I cant do the 6th March as we are going to Adelaide that day for the weekend.

I am not sure what I am going to do in future with regards the meets as I dont have Erykah on a wed or a friday and Xavier is usually having a sleep at that time and is better for being in his cot. I will come every now and again I think.

Jo
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Nikki R is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
really sorry but won't be able to make tomorrow as it looks as though I wil be losing my car for the day.Abit of a long shot but could get a bus to indooroopilly and go to the breathing space cafe if anyone is over this side and fancies it.
Let me know

Nikki
Old Feb 26th 2009, 9:37 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I'm Lena and I have a little man, Luke, just turned two, and another due in June. I just found this thread... very interested! I live on the South side of Brisbane (Springwood) and I'm always looking for things to do with Luke.

I'm not a newbie - I've lived in Australia nearly 4 years now, but still a pommie at heart. )

Will keep an eye open to see when the next meet will be.

Cheers,

Lena
Old Feb 27th 2009, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joh117
The next meet is Friday 26th Feb at Little Tiggrs at 10am.

Not sure if I will be there but there is a booking under British Expats. If we are going to stop going to Little Tiggrs this will need cancelling as its a regular booking every fortnight.

I cant do the 6th March as we are going to Adelaide that day for the weekend.

I am not sure what I am going to do in future with regards the meets as I dont have Erykah on a wed or a friday and Xavier is usually having a sleep at that time and is better for being in his cot. I will come every now and again I think.

Jo
Hi Jo,

I won't be making many in future either - with any luck I'll be working soon so it won't be possible for us to be there. Unless there is any specific request not to do so, I am going to cancel the LT reservation. It seems a little unfair to ask them to hold a table for 10 if it's not being used.

Hope you are well otherwise.
Stella
x
Old Feb 27th 2009, 3:51 am
Pass The Post

Stella

Hang fire on cancelling the table as we met today and it is now only a table for 6 and we filled it. We are meeting in a couple of weeks anyway. When we decide to move outside in the near future I will cancel the booking for sure.

Jo
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:41 am
Just Joined

Nikki R is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I have a school thing fo Jamie on friday morning so will not be able to meet this week,but I would hate to think that this meet will gradually disappear.I am on the south and could meet centrally but happy to travel whilst I m not working.
Nikki
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:23 am
Pass The Post

Hi

Sorry I couldnt make today something else came up.

I was wondering if everyone was of the same opinion that now it is cooling down it would be good to meet again outside.

Is anyone up for meeting next week WED 18th March at 10:30 at New Farm Park?

If not would people be happy to meet at New Farm on Friday 27th March at 10:30?

Jo
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

kissfritz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - apols from me for not posting sooner as I couldnt make it today (car still in garage - a record breaking 4 weeks and counting).

I'm up for meeting at New Farm and/or South Bank - doesn't matter for me whether it's a Wed or Fri - maybe folks can hop on and post about what days work for them? Little Tigers is a great venue but I just get the vibe that it just doesnt seem to be working as a gathering place for our mummy meets anymore so a meet outdoors could be the go. What do others think?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I don't mind which day to meet this week, maybe Wed would be better as we are all seeing each other on Sat at the bbq anyway. What do people think?

Lianne
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by liannems
Hi,

I don't mind which day to meet this week, maybe Wed would be better as we are all seeing each other on Sat at the bbq anyway. What do people think?

Lianne
I can't do Weds - both of mine are at nursery on a weds morning anyway.

We also cannot make the bbq on Saturday - we've been running around like headless chickens for the past month - we've been so busy. I have made an executive decision that this weekend is going to be the weekend of doing nothing, otherwise, I may just fall over with exhaustion.

Enjoy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.