Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mummy meets south brisbane

Mummy meets south brisbane

Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:26 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

Rebecca

You are more than welcome to come along to Little Tigrs on friday. See an earlier post for the address.

We are a friendly bunch

Hope to see you there

Jo
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:56 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I have got round to arranging another family BBQ though not until March to see if it cools down a little

see this link

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...82#post7165382

Jo x
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

teabags is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jo
Thanks for your message. I can't make this Friday but thanks for the invite
Rebecca
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by teabags
Hi Jo
Thanks for your message. I can't make this Friday but thanks for the invite
Rebecca
I can't make it tomorrow as I won't have the car.

Stella
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:48 pm
Pass The Post

The next meet is this Friday 30th Jan at Little Tiggrs at 10am. There is a table booked under British Expats.

I am afraid this week I cant make it as I have a friend from the UK just been in contact and she is coming to stay so I will be showing her the sights of Brissy.

See you all in fortnight unless it is planned for another meet next wed will keep an eye on the thread

Jo
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

Next meet is Friday 13th Feb at 10am at Little tigrrs, Homezone, Newmarket Road, Wilston/Windsor.

Been wondering if we need to shake this meet up a bit, not sure how but the wed meet seems to have died completely and it's a struggle to get more than 2 or 3 people there on a friday!!! Either people have better things to do or the day/time is no good for anyone any more!!!

Any suggestions as it would be a shame for the meets to completely disappear!!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:40 pm
Pass The Post

Hi

Fridays are not really the best for me as Erykah is now in C & K on a friday from 9 - 2.

However if that is the day that sticks I will still come with just Xavier. I am sorry I didnt make this week as I had a friend here for a few days however I really enjoy the meets and would love to still do them weekly.

I went to Southbank on thursday and as it was cloudy it was really nice there but I was able to swim to cool off too. Not really doable with two kids in tow.

I am open to suggestions. A park in the afternoon when it has started to cool down. New Farm is pleasant in the afternoons.

I agree it would be a shame to see these meets fall apart as they have been my saving grace to get the kids out of the house and playing with others of a similar age.

I am able to do afternoons easier than mornings as most mornings are now full with other activities however I do try and keep wed am's and friday am's free for mothers meet.

Jo
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joh117
Hi

Fridays are not really the best for me as Erykah is now in C & K on a friday from 9 - 2.

However if that is the day that sticks I will still come with just Xavier. I am sorry I didnt make this week as I had a friend here for a few days however I really enjoy the meets and would love to still do them weekly.

I went to Southbank on thursday and as it was cloudy it was really nice there but I was able to swim to cool off too. Not really doable with two kids in tow.

I am open to suggestions. A park in the afternoon when it has started to cool down. New Farm is pleasant in the afternoons.

I agree it would be a shame to see these meets fall apart as they have been my saving grace to get the kids out of the house and playing with others of a similar age.

I am able to do afternoons easier than mornings as most mornings are now full with other activities however I do try and keep wed am's and friday am's free for mothers meet.

Jo
I also enjoy the meets but will not be able to get there for the next few weeks due to finishing off the reno and moving house. I can't do Weds as all of mine are in nursery/school but am happy to try and get to the alternate Fridays as and when I can. Will watch this thread for updated venue.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Nikki R is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
Weds don't really work for me as mine are nursery/school but could do fridays mornings are better for me with school pick ups etc ,have not got to any for a few weeks as other commitments.
Nikki
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Iando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant future

Dont stop the mummy's meets, been watching this thread a while and we arrive in June!
Two pre-school terrors ready to join.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:28 pm
Pass The Post

Originally Posted by Iando
Dont stop the mummy's meets, been watching this thread a while and we arrive in June!
Two pre-school terrors ready to join.
Dont worry I dont think they will stop its just that the last few weeks we have not had many in attendance and I think only one turned up this week.

By june we will be able to meet in parks as the weather will be cooler and more pleasant seemed to get more people to the meets back then. Its hard as we all have different days for childcare/kindy/playgroups/school etc...

Perhaps we need to do a poll and see what suits.

Jo
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

kissfritz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
I finally made it to a Fri meet up last week (did try once before but got lost, baby blew a fuse, went home). Was really good to see Lianne and Est there. Little Tigers is a really great place, will deff go there again - also loved the baby friendly cafe and beauty salon nearby too - and that amazing baby shop (didnt buy a thing ).

Jo's idea of a poll is a good one. I think a bit of a brainstorm of what people want out of this group is good too. I hope I am not speaking out of turn as I hadnt made it to a meet in ages but here goes with my thoughts.

The only bad day for me is Tue (though by Fri I am flagging a bit hence only making it to one meet so far)

If I want to meet other pom mums I'm happy to travel to do it if the company is good, folks are friendly and I feel welcome.

I would prefer mornings to afternoons but for me it's not a deal breaker

For me the mummy meets are about meeting other friendly poms with kids (because Grace is still a baby and not yet really playing with other kids) but i realise others needs are different- like having kids to play with your kids.

I loved meeting at New Farm Park until it got too hot. The parking is a dream and it seemed very easy. Would love to meet there again.

South Bank was too hot in the open and the parking was exy. Happy to meet there again if it cools down a bit.

I get the impression that as people have got to know each other they dont need this forum so much to get together with other pommy mums who you really get on with - and that is just a natural progression I think. That said I would love to keep the meets going too and will try to pull my finger out and make it to more if that helps.

Cheers Chrissie
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Hi i would love to meet aswell, iam just having my car repaired and i will be there, i have one son who is 8 so he will be at school but i also have a 3 year old. Keep us posted xx
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

The only day I definately can't do is a Tuesday, the other days vary from week to week. I prefer mornings but not a huge deal as long as Cian gets one nap in his cot he's happy which means I'm happy (most of the time)!!

Hopefully in a month or so it will have cooled down enough for us to head back to the parks as more people seemed to come (i like both new farm and southbank although southbank is harder with 2 little ones and parking a bit of a pain/expensive) but I'd go to either of them or somewhere else if anyone had suggestions.

I also like little tigrrs as Olivia can run free and she loves it there!

Lianne
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:51 am
Pass The Post

Here is poll http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588612 see if it helps us decide when is best for the meets

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.