Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mummy meets south brisbane

Mummy meets south brisbane

Old Nov 26th 2008, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Nadia_Roberts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

That sounds good to me, I am not coping well in the heat at the moment... even though the weather was one of the main reasons for us moving here! Jonty and I will be there next Fri.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:21 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Stella

Can you book for Friday 5th Dec?

Here is the link for Little Tigers http://www.littletigrrs.com.au/contact_us.php

with the address it is just off the inner city bypass take the Gympie Rd exit (3) and then turn left onto Newmarket Rd. It is in the shopping precinct on the left handside. Plenty of parking ect...

Shall we say 10am? A regular friday booking would be good with me so that would be every other week. I am happy to go there every week in the summer though if we want somewhere to have a drink and a place for the kids to play in Air Conditioning. What do the rest think? Maybe see what everyone thinks when we meet there.

Jo
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joh117
Stella

Can you book for Friday 5th Dec?

Here is the link for Little Tigers http://www.littletigrrs.com.au/contact_us.php

with the address it is just off the inner city bypass take the Gympie Rd exit (3) and then turn left onto Newmarket Rd. It is in the shopping precinct on the left handside. Plenty of parking ect...

Shall we say 10am? A regular friday booking would be good with me so that would be every other week. I am happy to go there every week in the summer though if we want somewhere to have a drink and a place for the kids to play in Air Conditioning. What do the rest think? Maybe see what everyone thinks when we meet there.

Jo
No problem. I'll book for next Friday. We can decide what we want to do once everybody has had a chance to check it out.

Will check back mid week to see how many are up for it.

PS: a little bird told me that a new baby has joined us - I don't want to give away anything but we've had a new arrival, I'll let his/her mummy do the announcement
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nadia_Roberts
That sounds good to me, I am not coping well in the heat at the moment... even though the weather was one of the main reasons for us moving here! Jonty and I will be there next Fri.
Poor you, I don't envy you
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:40 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dejags
No problem. I'll book for next Friday. We can decide what we want to do once everybody has had a chance to check it out.

Will check back mid week to see how many are up for it.

PS: a little bird told me that a new baby has joined us - I don't want to give away anything but we've had a new arrival, I'll let his/her mummy do the announcement

Toni has had the baby then!! Congrats Toni tell us more. Xavier will be gutted he enjoyed being the youngest of the group
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:18 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

On Friday's we have already commitments early on near home so could only get to the otherside of town for 11am. I will come along to try it out next week but will be late arriving.

I don't mind every few weeks but it would be a bit of a hike for me every week.

I actually don't mind the heat - its just the shade I need for Finley.

Esther

p.s what was everyones thoughts on breathing space? I enjoyed it.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

Nadia, I'm sure it won't feel quite as bad once baby no. 2 arrives but I'm like Stella, I don't envy you pregnant in this heat!!!

I'm up for trying it out next week. It will just be me and Cian.

Est, I didn't mind Breathing Space but I found because it was very small and we were by the door, it was a bit loud and squashed. It would be a great place to met if there was just a couple of people but I wouldn't rule it out altogether!

We need to get our thinking caps on again for different places to meet but I'm happy to do Little tigers every other week (the fridays meet!) and find somewhere shady and cool for the Wed meet. I wonder if there is something the other side of the city like little tigers so those further the south side of the city don't have to travel that far every week. It really doesn't bother me where we go as long as it's toddler (or better know as at the moment, pain in the arse) friendly!!

Congrtas Toni on the safe arrival of the new little one!! When was she/he born and what have you named the baby?

lianne
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:43 am
Pass The Post

Originally Posted by Est
On Friday's we have already commitments early on near home so could only get to the otherside of town for 11am. I will come along to try it out next week but will be late arriving.

I don't mind every few weeks but it would be a bit of a hike for me every week.

I actually don't mind the heat - its just the shade I need for Finley.

Esther

p.s what was everyones thoughts on breathing space? I enjoyed it.

I didnt enjoy Breathing Space to be honest I found it small and cramped and too hot where I was sat. Thats just my opinion though.

I dont mind the heat so much but Xavier is covered in a heat rash and then when I have to hold him just makes it worse. Though New Farm I dont mind I am not keen on Streets beach also find it hard work with two down there as Erykah is wanting to be in the water and I cant be with her.I am very nervous of her around water as she doesnt stand up if she goes under (no survival instinct!) but she wants to be in the water with her friends. I find it way too stressful added with the heat not pleasant for me.

I can do whatever time on a friday so 10 or 11 makes no difference to me.

Jo
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem as you, Jo. At the beach with having a little one and a toddler, its stressful with the water thing and when the holidays start it will be so much busier and hard to keep an eye on them with so many more people around.

I can do 10am or 11am as well as I don't pick Livvy up until 2pm. Or maybe go in the middle and say 10.30!!! I don't mind.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:47 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tez and Daz
.........that was hard work! One that sounded good is place called crazy critters cafe in Forest Lake. Only problem is its miles away, About a 40min drive from wooloowin! The closer you are to city the closer you will be, Couldnt find anything nearer.
Tez
Here is an idea for my side of town that Tez discovered. Don't know what its like. http://www.crazycritterscafe.com.au/

Or there is always the botanic gardens or roma street which are both central and have plenty of trees for shade.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joh117
I didnt enjoy Breathing Space to be honest I found it small and cramped and too hot where I was sat. Thats just my opinion though.

I dont mind the heat so much but Xavier is covered in a heat rash and then when I have to hold him just makes it worse. Though New Farm I dont mind I am not keen on Streets beach also find it hard work with two down there as Erykah is wanting to be in the water and I cant be with her.I am very nervous of her around water as she doesnt stand up if she goes under (no survival instinct!) but she wants to be in the water with her friends. I find it way too stressful added with the heat not pleasant for me.

I can do whatever time on a friday so 10 or 11 makes no difference to me.

Jo

I also found Breathing Space very cramped and hot - not really suitable for big groups.

I have no problem with a later start am happy to go with 10.30/11. Will watch this thread for final time/venue etc.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:54 am
Just Joined

Nadia_Roberts is an unknown quantity at this point

I was expecting breathing space to be a bit more roomy, so wasn't as relaxing as I'd anticipated, but still thought the creche there was good, just to get a bit of a break while you had a coffee.
I'm sure Jonty will love the indoor play center next week, and it'll be nice being somewhere cool.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Est
Here is an idea for my side of town that Tez discovered. Don't know what its like. http://www.crazycritterscafe.com.au/

Or there is always the botanic gardens or roma street which are both central and have plenty of trees for shade.
I have come up with another idea Southside http://www.lollipopsplayland.com.au/...=Cannon%20Hill

This one is Southside (Cannon Hill). Not sure how everybody else feels, but I find the Weds meetups difficult to get to. Judging by how many people couldn't get there this week, I thought maybe others feel the same.

How about sticking to Fridays and alternating the venue (one week Southside one week Northside?)

We could do a standing booking at both venues, then if you feel like it you can go and if not, it's no biggie. Then we don't have to worry about deciding every week on where to go etc.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:54 am
Est
Forum Regular

I wouldn't be able to make it every Friday. But will make it when I can.

I won't be able to make next Friday I had forgotten about a prior appointment. The next meet ill get to will be in 2009.

Esther
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Est
I wouldn't be able to make it every Friday. But will make it when I can.

I won't be able to make next Friday I had forgotten about a prior appointment. The next meet ill get to will be in 2009.

Esther
That's a shame. Hope you have a fab Christmas and New Year!

Stella
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.