Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mum booked her flights.

Mum booked her flights.

Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:22 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Mum booked her flights.

My Mum has just booked her flight out to Oz to stay with us over Christmas and New year.
WE HAVEN'T GOT OUR VISAS YET.
OMG what is she like. She says the travel agent said that flights get booked up very quickly at that time of year.
Am now looking at going middle to end of August so we can find a place and settle in before she gets there, I hope the visa doesn't take ages to come through.
This is so bizzare.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:30 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mum booked her flights.

We said the same to ours.. She's retired so can come anytime.. Told her it the most expensive time and year, and you knows where we will be leaving in 6 months. Might even have got a campervan and gone off on a year long trip
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:30 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
My Mum has just booked her flight out to Oz to stay with us over Christmas and New year.
OMG what is she like. She says the travel agent said that flights get booked up very quickly at that time of year.
Am now looking at going middle to end of August so we can find a place and settle in before she gets there, I hope the visa doesn't take ages to come through.
This is so bizzare.
but in a way she is right flights do get very busy and expensive then.
oh bless she obviously loves you a lot
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

This is so bizzare.
Aw bless she might be there before you
Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

mottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nice

ah, that is so nice. Obviously very keen to be spending xmas with you all
Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:47 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

My fault really. She is 50 in december and i said i woulDn't go till after christmas because of her birthday.
My Nana has just had to go into residential care and my Mum goes to see her everyday i hope she will be ok.
Yet another thing to think about.
I'm really excited as we will be sharing our first new year in sydney together, well thats if we gat our visa on time.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Best of luck to you Lisa. Hope the visas all come through on time for you
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:01 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

My fault really. She is 50 in december and i said i woulDn't go till after christmas because of her birthday.
My Nana has just had to go into residential care and my Mum goes to see her everyday i hope she will be ok.
Yet another thing to think about.
I'm really excited as we will be sharing our first new year in sydney together, well thats if we gat our visa on time.
Good luck with the visa, see you in Sydney then as we are going there, well I am OH is already there,
I think your mum is wonderful, and a truly caring person you are very lucky
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:43 pm
Lisa

Thanks for all the good luck everyone.
Asher I am looking forward to being part of the Sydney meet ups so great see you there.