Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Multiregion DVD Player

Multiregion DVD Player

Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:25 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Multiregion DVD Player

Question - if I buy a multiregion DVD player (as advertised on Amazon in UK) will it work connected to an Aussie TV? Or am I asking a dimwit question. It is late, so be gentle.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Multiregion DVD Player

Originally Posted by webgum
Question - if I buy a multiregion DVD player (as advertised on Amazon in UK) will it work connected to an Aussie TV? Or am I asking a dimwit question. It is late, so be gentle.
y not buy one over here? my British DVDs work on my girlfriends Multiregion DVD Player - plus u know it will work With Aus TV and u wont need a plug adaptor
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:30 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Shurely yes. Why not buy one here for under $100?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

If you buy one here you'll have a valid guarentee too.
Loopy
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:39 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loopy
If you buy one here you'll have a valid guarentee too.
Loopy

And the right plug
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:39 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone - if you can indeed get them for under $100, I shall search no further and give me UK player to me old mum.

Goodnight!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:53 pm
Karma Comedian

Thanks everyone - if you can indeed get them for under $100, I shall search no further and give me UK player to me old mum.

Goodnight!
Here's one for $95.87

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...uct/View/G1608
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:12 pm
kneading my cushion

Originally Posted by jayr
Thanks - I'll put Dick in my favourites for future reference!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks - I'll put Dick in my favourites for future reference!
lol u might want to edit and rephrase that last posting
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:22 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

We bought a non-multiregion LG DVD player from the Good Guys, and they gave us a code to type in when we had set it up, to make it all region......and of course this being Australia, it worked a treat.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:24 pm
kneading my cushion

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
lol u might want to edit and rephrase that last posting
LOL , I'll leave it as is thanks. A bit of my late night Shropshire humour!!!!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:26 pm
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

I just bought a region-free DVD player off eBay (Oz) which also plays MPEG4, DivX, S/VCD, MP3, Audio CD etc etc, with onboard DD decoder - AUD 67 to my door. IIRC, Coles & Kmart had a stack of similar looking units less the MPEG4/DivX for AUD 39 around Christmas, dunno if they're still available.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:28 pm
kneading my cushion

Originally Posted by 4lex
I just bought a region-free DVD player off eBay (Oz) which also plays MPEG4, DivX, S/VCD, MP3, Audio CD etc etc, with onboard DD decoder - AUD 67 to my door. IIRC, Coles & Kmart had a stack of similar looking units less the MPEG4/DivX for AUD 39 around Christmas, dunno if they're still available.
Good lord, can it be legal to be so cheap. I thought £30 in Comet was a bargain! Are they wind up or solar?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about

Good lord, can it be legal to be so cheap. I thought £30 in Comet was a bargain! Are they wind up or solar?
You've got to remember - it's a throw away society down under. Nothing is built to last - if it breaks just throw it away & buy another one.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 12:27 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

Originally Posted by cyclemark
You've got to remember - it's a throw away society down under. Nothing is built to last - if it breaks just throw it away & buy another one.
I disagree. In my experience there is more recycling done here than in the UK - and as for longeivity of consumer products this seems to be a major selling point very prominent in advertising in Oz. Just look down the cars classifieds and see how many million-kilometre falcons you see! Fair enough the distances here are greater than the UK, but the roads are, for the most part, crap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.