Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

multiple sclerosis

multiple sclerosis

Old Apr 5th 2004, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default multiple sclerosis

Anyone out there familiar with this, i have just been diagnosed and dont know much about it,,,,,,,,,,,,any help appreciated.............x jan hutchyxx
Old Apr 5th 2004, 2:30 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid not Hutchy, but maybe this website will help?

http://www.nmss.org/

Good luck
Old Apr 5th 2004, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default thanx bundy

Originally posted by bundy
I'm afraid not Hutchy, but maybe this website will help?

http://www.nmss.org/

Good luck
thanx bundy, i have seen this site before and it does help, been foolowing ya mums illness , is she ok now , i dont post much, i am more of a reader but i do go on expats most days , i am just a bit shy,,,thanx again jan hutchyxx
Old Apr 5th 2004, 2:42 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thanx bundy

Originally posted by hutchy
thanx bundy, i have seen this site before and it does help, been foolowing ya mums illness , is she ok now , i dont post much, i am more of a reader but i do go on expats most days , i am just a bit shy,,,thanx again jan hutchyxx

No need to be shy Hutchy, post away.

Thought you might have seen the site...sadly, I know very little about MS, other than what it is, so I can't be much more help. But offering moral support and all that, and hoping someone on the site will know more about it.

When were you diagnosed? How bad is it at present?
Old Apr 5th 2004, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

No need to be shy Hutchy, post away.

Thought you might have seen the site...sadly, I know very little about MS, other than what it is, so I can't be much more help. But offering moral support and all that, and hoping someone on the site will know more about it.

When were you diagnosed? How bad is it at present?
just diagnosed on friday,but have had an idea for a while that i had ms,, it is pretty bad at the mo but i do have good days, due for an mri to confirm it at the end of april, but it is a bit scary...so any help or advice is appreciated.... jan hutchyxxand thanx for replyingxx
Old Apr 5th 2004, 2:55 pm
She's a bird, you know

just diagnosed on friday,but have had an idea for a while that i had ms,, it is pretty bad at the mo but i do have good days, due for an mri to confirm it at the end of april, but it is a bit scary...so any help or advice is appreciated.... jan hutchyxxand thanx for replyingxx
Poor you - but isn't this always the worst stage, waiting for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment plans etc? Seems to get a little better when things start moving. I gather that they are developing lots of new ways to tackle MS nowadays, but that's unlikely to be much of a comfort at the moment, I'm sure.

I wish I could offer more constructive support, but I'll keep bumping this thread in the hope that someone with more knowledge will respond
Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Default thanx bundy

aww thanx yes it is a bit of a mare and i do appreciate you bumpin the thread, i am not sure what to expect, i thought my new life in aus was perfect then i have this setback but someone must know something bout ms or someone with it and i would be glad of any advice....jan hutchyxx
Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Sorry don't know much about MS but just wanted to say thinking of you really! Fear of the unknown is often the worst bit so hopefully once you know more about what's going on with your body & what you can/might expect you'll be better armed to face it. Chin up & let us know how you go!

All the best

Loopy
Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:05 pm
She's a bird, you know

Come on people, where are all those that know something (anything???) about MS???
Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:08 pm
She's a bird, you know

Bit of inspiration...

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/famous.html
Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Default thanx

thanx to u both, anything will be a help, i am scared of the unknownxxxxxxxxxxxxxxjan hutchy
Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:10 pm
She's a bird, you know

Default Re: thanx

thanx to u both, anything will be a help, i am scared of the unknownxxxxxxxxxxxxxxjan hutchy
You need to get informed - this is what I did when my mum was diagnosed. I looked up everything on the internet, found books in the library, asked endless questions etc etc.

There must be a support group or an equivalent of Expats forum for MS sufferers!
Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:12 pm
She's a bird, you know

Default Re: thanx

You need to get informed - this is what I did when my mum was diagnosed. I looked up everything on the internet, found books in the library, asked endless questions etc etc.

There must be a support group or an equivalent of Expats forum for MS sufferers!

You're in Victoria, right? Have you checked this out?

http://www.msaustralia.org.au/vic/pe...er_support.htm
Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Default in perth now

i am in rockingham , perth now but i was in vic for a while, anyone got any advice for me,xx thanx jan hutchyxx
Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:22 pm
She's a bird, you know

Default Re: in perth now

i am in rockingham , perth now but i was in vic for a while, anyone got any advice for me,xx thanx jan hutchyxx

Try here then...

http://www.multiple-wa.asn.au/

They must have a Peer Help thing like the Victoria society...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.