mudgeeraba/robina.. advice

mudgeeraba/robina.. advice

Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:11 am
Just Joined

dave and marie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mudgeeraba/robina.. advice

Hi all,

Have just had notification our 457 visa has been granted

We are hoping to leave the UK around 10 September bound for somewhere near Robina I am a Registered Nurse, will be working at Gold Coast Hospital and my husband is a Paramedic working somewhere within south Gold Coast. We have three children 7, 6 and 3yrs and would welcome any tips/advice anyone can give us.

We need to work out which state schools would be better for the children, we are between Mudgeeraba, Robina and Varsity Lakes - anyone got any comments?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mudgeeraba/robina.. advice

Originally Posted by dave and marie
Hi all,

We are hoping to leave the UK around 10 September bound for somewhere near Robina I am a Registered Nurse, will be working at Gold Coast Hospital and my husband is a Paramedic working somewhere within south Gold Coast. We have three children 7, 6 and 3yrs and would welcome any tips/advice anyone can give us.

We need to work out which state schools would be better for the children, we are between Mudgeeraba, Robina and Varsity Lakes - anyone got any comments?
All the schools are excellent, especially the primaries. There are two small primary schools in Mudgeeraba which might help your kids settle faster and possibly be able to walk them to school. Failing that Robina has primaries and a High School and Varsity College goes from Prep to year 12 so lots of continuity there. Depends what you want. Both High Schools have good reputations. JohnandMichelle's daughter is at Robina High and Steve O's daughter is at Varsity College. There are others who have kids in Robina Primary but I can't remember who. I wouldn't worry though, they're all good and nurturing.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice. This is all so exciting but have no idea what I need to do prior to arrival in Oz. Have been reading the threads, but now I'm even more confused!! Does anyone have a "check list" of things to do prior to arrival and on arrival to Oz such as bank accounts, renting properties, buying cars etc.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the advice. This is all so exciting but have no idea what I need to do prior to arrival in Oz. Have been reading the threads, but now I'm even more confused!! Does anyone have a "check list" of things to do prior to arrival and on arrival to Oz such as bank accounts, renting properties, buying cars etc.
Hiya

There's a To Do List at the top of the Australia forum which is very handy to use as a guideline. Yes, as Penny said, our daughter goes to Robina High and our youngest goes to Robina Primary - he's 10 - and its a great school, but then I believe Varsity Lakes and the two in Mudgeeraba are good as well, so you've got a good choice. We've been renting in Robina and move to Mudgeeraba soon(ish!) so we're still not too far away to have to change schools for Billy (primary). Best of luck and don't be shy in asking questions - we've all been there. Michelle x
Old Aug 12th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough

Hi

I guess we are a bit behind you - still awaiting 457 visa for oh to start his radiography role at Gold Coast Hospital - hope to leave late September and also looking at Robina / Mudgeeraba area but high schools for our son.

Would love to pm and swap notes if you are interested ?

Good luck - we'll follow your lead with interest !

Hi all,

Old Aug 12th 2007, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Waiting for our 457 drove me insane!! Numerous phone calls to our case officer finally resulted in a decision after 8.5 weeks - and thankfully it was the right one

David and I were just chatting and have decided to delay our departure until end September - this gives me 6 weeks to tie up loose ends here and begin the long check list of stuff needing to be done before entering Oz.

Would love to PM and swap notes - only trouble is I'm new to this site and am just getting head around PM

With info gained from net so far, we are kind of swaying towards Mudgeeraba but we have decided to wait until we arrive in Oz to check out the area's before arranging a rental.

Good luck with your 457 - the wait is annoying - but you will get there!!!

Originally Posted by SunnyMD
Hi

I guess we are a bit behind you - still awaiting 457 visa for oh to start his radiography role at Gold Coast Hospital - hope to leave late September and also looking at Robina / Mudgeeraba area but high schools for our son.

Would love to pm and swap notes if you are interested ?

Good luck - we'll follow your lead with interest !