Muck and Money

Old May 22nd 2003, 6:41 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Muck and Money

There are some sad buggers (IT dreamers) on this site who think hole diging and food production make this country some kind of super power , for those who seem to have little idea how the world works let me try and explain.

Australias roll in the world is that of a primary producer , it digs and farms , most of the bigger hole diggers in Australia are Brit/Yankie/Jap owned.
The country exports raw materials then buys the value added manufatured goods back , this means the balance of payments to other countries is not on their side.
Most of the big companies here are owned by Muti-nationals , who pay little tax in Australia or care about putting money back in.

The fat cats in New YorK /London and Tokyo sit back and count their investments which they re-invest in America /Britain and Japan.

The G7 the Worlds most powerful club , has no chair for this useless country or will ever have?

Old May 22nd 2003, 8:03 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Muck and Money

Originally posted by pommie bastard
There are some sad buggers (IT dreamers) on this site who think hole diging and food production make this country some kind of super power , for those who seem to have little idea how the world works let me try and explain.

Australias roll in the world is that of a primary producer , it digs and farms , most of the bigger hole diggers in Australia are Brit/Yankie/Jap owned.
The country exports raw materials then buys the value added manufatured goods back , this means the balance of payments to other countries is not on their side.
Most of the big companies here are owned by Muti-nationals , who pay little tax in Australia or care about putting money back in.

The fat cats in New YorK /London and Tokyo sit back and count their investments which they re-invest in America /Britain and Japan.

The G7 the Worlds most powerful club , has no chair for this useless country or will ever have?

More Pommie Bastard Bull Poop. Did they forget to sow back your skull after the brain surgery or did you pick NUMBERS out of the arse of Perth's arse again?
Old May 22nd 2003, 8:17 am
Badge

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
There are some sad buggers (IT dreamers) on this site who think hole diging and food production make this country some kind of super power , for those who seem to have little idea how the world works let me try and explain. [QUOTE]

PB - we can sort this out. Methinks you are referring to me. I posted a link about the "hole digging" job I was happy to take which my recent HR license qualified me for.

As far as am I am concerned an honest living is an honest living.

Infact, the kind of work I was offered in Aus would probably not be offered to me in the UK (probably where i would need more quals/safety records/friends in high places etc) I mean, could you get a license to drive a 20 tonne truck in the UK in under 6 hours with no previous??!! Could you even get your license transferred in 15 minutes?!!

As I hinted in my post a few weeks ago if you are willing to have a go then often an aussie will let you. The drilling job I did was the most physical job I have ever done and my physical feats include passing the physical tests for the UK Parachute Regt when I was 17. So to be honest, it was hard.

My boss spent half an hour warning us of the hardships and quite a few blokes walked away, or were rejected as not being up to it. But I was grateful he offered me a trial - I think because he knew I had spirit and a determination. Some of the blokes he turned away had 30 kilos on me and seemingly more experience.

To me that is the essence of certain jobs/life in Aus and it is why i like the country. Call me a dreamer if you will, but I can't remember the last time an "IT dreamer" was readily offered a job like this in the UK.

Time and time again Australian friends went out of their way to demonstrate mateship - shit I wont use that emotive aussie word - ok - "friendship" when I was there to offer me jobs/ opportunities.

The only people I met in Australia who were negative, snobby, lacking in opportuity were English people who had migrated who, it appeared to me, soooo obviously didn't fit in. They had come expecting to be/ stay 'English' etc..

Who said anything about me claiming Aus was a superpower?!

PB - I don't know mate. You're THIS close...

badgers

Last edited by badgersmount; May 22nd 2003 at 8:58 am.

Old May 22nd 2003, 8:59 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

AMERICA, just holding head above water.BRITAIN slowly sinking,JAPAN, floundering on the bottom, OZ strongly swimming against the tide of world recession,...............MM
Old May 22nd 2003, 3:25 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by mr mover
AMERICA, just holding head above water.BRITAIN slowly sinking,JAPAN, floundering on the bottom, OZ strongly swimming against the tide of world recession,...............MM
Yeah and I'm planning on riding the waves when I get there next year - beats treading the water over here.
Old May 22nd 2003, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Houdini
Yeah and I'm planning on riding the waves when I get there next year - beats treading the water over here.
LOL

Too right!
Old May 22nd 2003, 11:59 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Houdini
Bring your own spade? 6% unemployment in this boom in Australia, wait until a down turn could be 10%.

Old May 23rd 2003, 12:02 am
Banned

Originally posted by mr mover
Never mind all these countries own Australia any way they will shaft you to say in the game?
Australias biggest company is BHP is Brit owned how long before they move off shore to London?

Old May 23rd 2003, 12:06 am
Banned

Originally posted by badgersmount
[
As I hinted in my post a few weeks ago if you are willing to have a go then often an aussie will let you. The drilling job I did was the most physical job I have ever done and my physical feats include passing the physical tests for the UK Parachute Regt when I was 17. So to be honest, it was hard.

My boss spent half an hour warning us of the hardships and quite a few blokes walked away, or were rejected as not being up to it. But I was grateful he offered me a trial - I think because he knew I had spirit and a determination. Some of the blokes he turned away had 30 kilos on me and seemingly more experience.

To me that is the essence of certain jobs/life in Aus and it is why i like the country. Call me a dreamer if you will, but I can't remember the last time an "IT dreamer" was readily offered a job like this in the UK.

Time and time again Australian friends went out of their way to demonstrate mateship - shit I wont use that emotive aussie word - ok - "friendship" when I was there to offer me jobs/ opportunities.

The only people I met in Australia who were negative, snobby, lacking in opportuity were English people who had migrated who, it appeared to me, soooo obviously didn't fit in. They had come expecting to be/ stay 'English' etc..

Who said anything about me claiming Aus was a superpower?!

PB - I don't know mate. You're THIS close...

badgers
No I was not try to have ago at you but if the cap fits?
The biggest mining companies here are Yank?Brit?Jap owned they produce profits for these countries all of which make more money from manufactured goods and services than this backward land?

As for your Aussie mateship bollocks , I have found out what 'Dob in' means and seen plenty of it .

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 23rd 2003 at 1:07 am.
Old May 23rd 2003, 12:23 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

No I was not try to have ago at you but if the cap fits?
The biigest mining companies here are Yank?Brit?Jap owned they produce profits for these countries all of which made make more money from manufactured goods and services than this backward land?

Now here's a little task to liven up your dreary day: feret out some NUMBERS to support your assertions.

Nothing too complicated, your should be able to whip up a model of the Aus mining industry economics before morning tea.
Old May 23rd 2003, 1:14 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
Now here's a little task to liven up your dreary day: feret out some NUMBERS to support your assertions.

Nothing too complicated, your should be able to whip up a model of the Aus mining industry economics before morning tea.
Name the two biggest mining companies in this fair land BHP and Rio- Tinto both Brit owned and controlled?

Old report but the trend has continued?

This country of ours has some of the richest mineral deposits in the world, vast rich lands for agriculture, and is surrounded by oceans that provide a wealth of seafood, yet we are $190 billion in debt with an interest bill that is strangling us.
"In just three years from June 1992 the amount paid out to foreigners as dividends has increased by 152% ! This is Australian generated wealth that is pouring out of Australia to improve the standard of living in other countries - at Australia's expense !"

To finance the 1995 Current Account deficit Australia has had to sell to foreigners the equivalent of 20 Arnotts biscuit companies. The problem is, Australia doesn't have 20 Arnotts biscuit companies, and 60% of the existing one has already been sold to foreigners.

http://www.satcom.net.au/freedom/debt.html

Old May 23rd 2003, 1:23 am
Banned

Name the two biggest mining companies in this fair land BHP and Rio- Tinto both Brith owned and controlled?

Old report but the trend has continued?

This country of ours has some of the richest mineral deposits in the world, vast rich lands for agriculture, and is surrounded by oceans that provide a wealth of seafood, yet we are $190 billion in debt with an interest bill that is strangling us.
"In just three years from June 1992 the amount paid out to foreigners as dividends has increased by 152% ! This is Australian generated wealth that is pouring out of Australia to improve the standard of living in other countries - at Australia's expense !"

To finance the 1995 Current Account deficit Australia has had to sell to foreigners the equivalent of 20 Arnotts biscuit companies. The problem is, Australia doesn't have 20 Arnotts biscuit companies, and 60% of the existing one has already been sold to foreigners.

http://www.satcom.net.au/freedom/debt.html

Pathetic OT outdated cut and paste.

At the very least I thought you might dig up and farm out something interesting on shareholdership of BHP Pty Ltd and Billington Plc by country of owner.

Can you cut the mustard or are you reduced to composted news clippings?
Old May 23rd 2003, 1:30 am
Banned

Pathetic OT outdated cut and paste.

At the very least I thought you might dig up and farm out something interesting on shareholdership of BHP Pty Ltd and Billington Plc by country of owner.

Can you cut the mustard or are you reduced to composted news clippings?
Easy done 51% Billington , another Brit company shafts the biggest in Australia?

BHP and Billiton are made for each other. One created from the exploitation
of apartheid, the other from the dispossession of the Aboriginal people
under the myth of "terra nullius". From a shared history of genocide, into
a future of global exploitation. This is a marriage made in hell, as a huge
transnational is being created to make even bigger profits globally.

The $57 billion Billiton takeover of BHP marks a new stage in the
domination of global capital in Australia.

http://www.zipworld.com.au/~cpa/garchve3/1039bhp.html

Old May 23rd 2003, 1:37 am
Banned

Easy done 51% Billington , another Brit company shafts the biggest in Australia?

BHP and Billiton are made for each other. One created from the exploitation
of apartheid, the other from the dispossession of the Aboriginal people
under the myth of "terra nullius". From a shared history of genocide, into
a future of global exploitation. This is a marriage made in hell, as a huge
transnational is being created to make even bigger profits globally.

The $57 billion Billiton takeover of BHP marks a new stage in the
domination of global capital in Australia.

http://www.zipworld.com.au/~cpa/garchve3/1039bhp.html

Clearly your mental faculties are too dim to comprehend the suggestion:
Dig up and farm out something interesting on shareholdership of BHP Pty Ltd and Billington Plc by country of owner.

Your composted cut and pasted web page is of the same quality of your usual fare: mere unsubstantiated and pig-ignorant assertions.

Now snuffle off like a demented truffle pig and bring back the bacon. Oink!
Old May 23rd 2003, 2:00 am
Banned

Clearly your mental faculties are too dim to comprehend the suggestion:
Dig up and farm out something interesting on shareholdership of BHP Pty Ltd and Billington Plc by country of owner.

Your composted cut and pasted web page is of the same quality of your usual fare: mere unsubstantiated and pig-ignorant assertions.

Now snuffle off like a demented truffle pig and bring back the bacon. Oink!
So buying BHP is not owning it you are on planet zero?

In practice, the Billiton/BHP "merger" would represent a takeover of BHP by Billiton. Nobody believes the claims that the new company's headquarters will remain in Melbourne. BHP is more likely to become the Australian Division of a mega-transnational company with headquarters in London.

London-based mining group Billiton PLC agreed to merge with Australia's BHP Ltd., a deal creating a mining giant with a market capitalization of approximately $28 billion, reported The Wall Street Journal.

Under the transaction, BHP and Billiton will merge their operations, equalize their earnings, and agree to be run by a unified board. The new company, which would be based in Melbourne, Australia, and have a big management center in London,

http://www.coalage.com/ar/coal_two_worlds_largest/

http://www.zipworld.com.au/~cpa/garchve4/1045bhp.html

http://www.mips1.net/mukbn.nsf/0/852...A?OpenDocument

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.