Mrs Lonely

Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

louisethepom will become famous soon enoughlouisethepom will become famous soon enough
Default Mrs Lonely

Hi my name is Louise Brown.
I live in the S.E suburbs of Melbourne with my husband Marc and our 2 kids, Ryan 5 and Jayme 2, we have been in Australia for almost 8 years and i have found it difficult to make friends, well i did make a few Australian friends but they have been two faced and hurt me.
I would love to meet new people as i am lonely and keep pestering my hubby to move back to the UK, i know i would be crazy to take my kids away from here as they are both Australian and my husband is from the South of England and I'm from the North so that is an argument we would have.
I'm only contemplating the move to be with my friends again and if i made friends out here and had some sort of social life instead of hanging out with my parents it would make me happier and less likely to move back.
HELP!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:06 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mrs Lonely

sorry you have been hurt and are lonely.

It sounds a bit of a cliche but have you joined new groups to change your social circle?

Have you told them that they have upset you? Sometimes it can be cultural differences and they may not realise they have offended you. Obviously not wanting to pry, do you think it is worth reconciling?

ljj
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louisethepom
I live in the S.E suburbs of Melbourne with my husband Marc and our 2 kids, Ryan 5 and Jayme 2, we have been in Australia for almost 8 years and i have found it difficult to make friends, well i did make a few Australian friends but they have been two faced and hurt me.
I would love to meet new people as i am lonely and keep pestering my hubby to move back to the UK, i know i would be crazy to take my kids away from here as they are both Australian and my husband is from the South of England and I'm from the North so that is an argument we would have.
I'm only contemplating the move to be with my friends again and if i made friends out here and had some sort of social life instead of hanging out with my parents it would make me happier and less likely to move back.
HELP!

wow this post disturbs me.......don't carry on like this.....either meet people and get a social life or go home....life is to short to live it like this....good luck to you
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Louise this is a very sad post
My friend in brisbane is in a similar situation.
If you really want to go home as you feel your life would be better you have to consider it seriously - you cannot hang out with little people and parents for the rest of your life because being here is best for your partner/children . Friends are one of the most important (if not the most important) thing in your life.
Its very difficult to make friends once you are past the age of 12. People suspect you have another motive. Also whilst yes you can join different activities etc you aren't necessarily going to make good friends. I have found out here in Oz I have now got lots of people to go out on the razz with and some of them are good fun etc but they aren't proper friends unfortunately but its a start. What the previous poster said about culture differences is also very true. I find australians very confrontational and I couldn't grasp that when I first got here. However I'm sure you'd know if it was just a misunderstanding. How about other mums at school etc? Failing that find somebody you like the look of in the street and force yourself on them! Surely they organise Melbourne meet ups on here. If so make sure you go - or organise one. Best of luck and if I move to Melbourne I'll look you up!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

louisethepom will become famous soon enoughlouisethepom will become famous soon enough

I have tried making friends but the ones i did make moved Interstate or back to the UK, my husband is refusing to move as he came out here for a better life and the weather as he is a carpenter/bricklayer so he needs the better weather, he would think about me going back on my own but that defeats the purpose as i would miss him and so would the kids, and i would end up coming back to Australia in a worse state. I am only 27, he is 33 and he has a social life, he plays Soccer on a Monday night and goes to the pub on a friday so he doesn't get what i am going through, he isn't a good listener and i have noone to talk to or confide in and it is driving me up the wall.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:41 am
Banned

Feed the Goat will become famous soon enoughFeed the Goat will become famous soon enough

wel all the lonely people can come around my house and we can all have a topless pool party,ill put on free sizzles and beers

no strings attached, one man 2 women is the rule.

any takers
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:41 am
Nomadic Member

Rhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really nice

HELP!
how about going along to the expats meet planned to be in Mornington on 12th Nov - Click http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329492 for details

Lots of new arrivals who are all looking to make friends as well, and your 8 years of oz experience will be very helpful to lots of people.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:42 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

HELP!
Hi Louise

It can be very hurtful when people turn out to be shallow but this demonstrates they were never really friends in the first place, so move on. It hurts to do this but that's life. And besides, it takes a few goes before you gain the friends you really want to keep

As for meeting new friends. Have you thought about joining a playgroup and asking some mums round for a coffee...or all of you find a nice friendly cafe where you can take the kids?...or even go on a picnic? What about you and your husband joining a local child friendly social club of some sorts? They sometimes organise camping weekends or trips away and they are usually social affairs. The other way is to arrange something on here, which you have done

Remember, it usually takes a while to meet genuine and sincere friends, it doesn't usually happen overnight and the "two faced" ones are usually the ones vying for top dog position rather than as equals...so no great loss after all

Good luck, keep trying, there are some lovely people out there....they've just got to find you

When a character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends - Chinese Proverb
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Mrs Lonely

Originally Posted by Rhia27
how about going along to the expats meet planned to be in Mornington on 12th Nov - Click http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329492 for details

Lots of new arrivals who are all looking to make friends as well, and your 8 years of oz experience will be very helpful to lots of people.

I'm going to do that, i've told my hubby about it and he will come, my confidence and self esteem is at a all time low so it will be hard
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

I have tried making friends but the ones i did make moved Interstate or back to the UK, my husband is refusing to move as he came out here for a better life and the weather as he is a carpenter/bricklayer so he needs the better weather, he would think about me going back on my own but that defeats the purpose as i would miss him and so would the kids, and i would end up coming back to Australia in a worse state. I am only 27, he is 33 and he has a social life, he plays Soccer on a Monday night and goes to the pub on a friday so he doesn't get what i am going through, he isn't a good listener and i have noone to talk to or confide in and it is driving me up the wall.

"he would think about me going back on my own but that defeats the purpose as i would miss him and so would the kids"

those are your words so am I right in saying that he says ....."you and the kids can leave but I am staying here"
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:47 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to do that, i've told my hubby about it and he will come, my confidence and self esteem is at a all time low so it will be hard
Oh Louise...I'm sure something will go right for you soon

Good luck girl
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by psb182
"he would think about me going back on my own but that defeats the purpose as i would miss him and so would the kids"

those are your words so am I right in saying that he says ....."you and the kids can leave but I am staying here"

No he loves he kids to pieces but he is adamant that he won't move and i use the if you love me speech and then he uses it so we get nowhere, just me upset and winging to my mum
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:48 am
Banned

Feed the Goat will become famous soon enoughFeed the Goat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by psb182

are you joking mums clubs and playgorunds clubs, they are hangouts for the depresses clickity click mums moaning about illnessess and medicine.

Get out with your own age, and mindsets,

get the laughing tackle going and a good release from the kids and eveyday minor stresses.

few cold ones, mutual banter and away you go, playgroups and mummys meetings only breed citching and nosey parkers.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Feed the Goat
are you joking mums clubs and playgorunds clubs, they are hangouts for the depresses clickity click mums moaning about illnessess and medicine.

Get out with your own age, and mindsets,

get the laughing tackle going and a good release from the kids and eveyday minor stresses.

few cold ones, mutual banter and away you go, playgroups and mummys meetings only breed citching and nosey parkers.

I agree
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Yep you're probably right however got any suggestions? I'm sure hanging round the bookies on a saturday afternoon won't attract the right crowd either. You do need people you're own age you can go out on the pop with but you have to meet them somewhere first which is the tricky bit. What about working in a bar one night a week or something? That would be a laugh and you'd meet loads of people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.