Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mr Rudd wants an "EU type" Asia-Pacific treaty

Mr Rudd wants an "EU type" Asia-Pacific treaty

Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:03 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mr Rudd wants an "EU type" Asia-Pacific treaty

Has the man lost his marbles?

Discuss.

Use extra paper if required.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:47 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mr Rudd wants an "EU type" Asia-Pacific treaty

In the UK the EU has gradually eroded our identity and autonomy. Even if Rudd goes into something like that I can't see the same thing happening to the aussies, they're more likely to stand up for what's their's.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

onceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to all

I'm not convinced the Aussies stand up for what's theirs in Australia even.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Paul Keating suggested the same. Aussies gave him the finger and voted the Libs back in.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:09 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW I think the PM is so chuffed with being the only politician speaking Mandarin that he can't see the wood for the Chinese trees.

I agree that the voters wouldn't stand for it - which, together with what appears to be a total lack of understanding of what the EU is turning out to be makes me question his judgement even more.

Perhaps he's not getting enough sleep?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

God help us, this gets worse by the day!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Salma is an unknown quantity at this point

do not live there yet but read the papers etc it seems in a lot of terms Aus wanted to be aligned more with Asia especially SE Asia as they are their nearest neighbours etc

As in football;

http://www.smh.com.au/news/football/...258947917.html

lets see what happen!

Last edited by Salma; Jun 5th 2008 at 12:11 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wol
FWIW I think the PM is so chuffed with being the only politician speaking Mandarin that he can't see the wood for the Chinese trees.
The trees have been processed into wood and then hand carved by a Chinese spymaster called Geppetto .........

WW
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wol

I agree that the voters wouldn't stand for it - which, together with what appears to be a total lack of understanding of what the EU is turning out to be makes me question his judgement even more.

Perhaps he's not getting enough sleep?
FWIW I think he's a complete twat. Think of a cross between John Major and Bill Gates and your quite close. You just know he was the school swat, look at me I can speak Mandarin. Big deal, bet that really impresses the Chinese. I've only met 1 person here who admits to voting for him, and he's also somewhat of a twat.
A dead cert 1 term wonder.
Bring back JH I say. Better the devil you know etc.... .
Thankfully I'm not allowed to vote.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

A closer relationship with regional neighbours is essential. Australia is just too small to be able to maintain it's current living standards in competition with much larger SE Asian economies.

Rudd is simply recognising this inevitibility. Repeat after me: Australia is part of Asia, NOT Europe or the Americas!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:20 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Mr Rudd wants an "EU type" Asia-Pacific treaty

Originally Posted by Wol
Has the man lost his marbles?

Discuss.

Use extra paper if required.
EU type treaty ≠ EU.

"The European Union does not represent an identikit model of what we would seek to develop in the Asia-Pacific, but what we can learn from Europe is this - it is necessary to take the first step," he said.
ABC.

Conspiracy theorists please leave the building now.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Jun 5th 2008 at 3:22 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:21 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Guess where the people to fill our labour shortage are going to come from......
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Salma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Guess where the people to fill our labour shortage are going to come from......
Is the worry beucase Asians will be the predominant migrants?

Aus needs and wants to build closer relations with Asia why should that be deemed negative?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:16 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a problem with a free trade only agreement.

Nor did anyone who voted for the Common Market in 1973.

Buzzy
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol

And how much was made of the fact he could speak Mandarin in the election run up, as if it was relevant to the avg aussie , The avg Bazza and Wazza probably think Mandarin is a fruit.

Rudd hasnt shouted it from the rooftops maybe his 'working families" might get peed off, but hes planning on 300,000 immigrants a year, plus unlimited 457 visas, quite a number given the tiny size of australias workforce.

The Australian newspaper quoted him as saying, "It will keep a lid on wages" yep ruddy ya bet it will your working families were well sucked in, so far, petrol up, food up, interest rates up, and wages set to go down.

Pity those of us who didnt vote for the twat have to suffer his antics too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.