Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mr Kipling in woolies

Mr Kipling in woolies

Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Mr Kipling in woolies

........seirously , there he was , sitting on a shelf , with a vast display of "exceedingly good cakes" , what could I do ?
Have a happy family tonight after stuffing their faces with mini battenburgs , french fancies and cherry bakewells.mmmmmmm!!!!
It's all good mate !
All the best ,
Tass.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:53 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mr Kipling in woolies

Originally Posted by Tass
........seirously , there he was , sitting on a shelf , with a vast display of "exceedingly good cakes" , what could I do ?
Have a happy family tonight after stuffing their faces with mini battenburgs , french fancies and cherry bakewells.mmmmmmm!!!!
It's all good mate !
All the best ,
Tass.

I was gonna post this on Monday after my weekly shop but knew if I did I'd have to tell you all what happened and at the time I was very embarased.

Before I start I'l just add that it is that time of the month for me and that is my only excuse for my behavour. (hopefully some other hormonal, mentally unstable ladies out there will understand this )

There I am in Woolies, see out the corner of my eye the Mr Kipplings, grab phone from pocket to share the happy news with Ant and just as he answered I burst out crying, so I am standing in the cake aisle sobbing (no exageration I really don't know what came over me) about some frigging cakes, trying to explain to Ant that I hadn't just seen an old lady murdered or anything it was just the cakes making me behave like a mad woman.

Anyway back to the cakes, they didn't have Mr Kipplings Chocolate slices, which are my fave cakes ever in my local wollies but they did have

Mini Battenburgs
Apple pies
Summer fruit and custard pies (might have been winter fruit)
French fancies
and Cherry bakewells

Oh and the boxes have changed since I left the UK so you might not recognise them straigh away

So if you are hankering for a bit of home then get your butt down woolies

Kala
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god french fancies are my favorite. I take the top off and leave the creamy bit till last. Trouble is one just isnt enough.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:42 am
You'll learn............

Desperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I was gonna post this on Monday after my weekly shop but knew if I did I'd have to tell you all what happened and at the time I was very embarased.

Before I start I'l just add that it is that time of the month for me and that is my only excuse for my behavour. (hopefully some other hormonal, mentally unstable ladies out there will understand this )

There I am in Woolies, see out the corner of my eye the Mr Kipplings, grab phone from pocket to share the happy news with Ant and just as he answered I burst out crying, so I am standing in the cake aisle sobbing (no exageration I really don't know what came over me) about some frigging cakes, trying to explain to Ant that I hadn't just seen an old lady murdered or anything it was just the cakes making me behave like a mad woman.

Anyway back to the cakes, they didn't have Mr Kipplings Chocolate slices, which are my fave cakes ever in my local wollies but they did have

Mini Battenburgs
Apple pies
French fancies
and Cherry bakewells

Oh and the boxes have changed since I left the UK so you might not recognise them straigh away

Kala
Found these in Perth about 3 weeks ago. I am now the best 'Mum in the World', daughter was gasping with excitement to have cherry bakewells and battenburgs back on the menu. I was the only food she was missing and when I saw them in Woolies I nearly cried too, sad but true

Needless to say I am the loon who cleared the shelves so they would re-order them

Bree
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:01 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Kala
Sorry mate but PMSL!!

I had a similar thing when i saw dark choccie terrys chocolate orange on xmas eve in k mart. Matts granny got me one every year in my stocking, i was a lip quivering mess let me tell ya
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:08 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I had this vision of an old man wearing woolly hat and gloves!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

It's all good mate !
All the best ,
Tass.
I'm really peed off you posted this I just lost a whopping 10lb started fitting into size 10 jeans again first time since arriving here and now I know where to buy kipling cakes
Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:43 am
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

We found McVities Digestives and Hob Nobs in Kirribilli deli last weekend. Gav's very, very fond of digestives and has tried loads of biscuits that look like they're going to be digestives, but taste nothing like them! He was, erm, shall I say, excitable.

Funny to watch - especially as he's only been here for 2 months.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Mr Kipling in woolies

LMAO at these replies !! I took as many as I could off the shelf too just to make sure they re-order ( HONESTLY!! ) and then ran around the shop telling everyone just how exceedingly good these cakes are !! Shame they didn't have vienesse whirls !
Digestive biscuits ! I know !! Quite expensive compared to arnotts biscuits but the taste just doesn't compare - McVities all the way !
I know this is getting really sad but has anyone managed to find REAL "NICE" biscuits ??
Maybe we could start a "where to find UK food in Oz supermarkets at normal or slightly above retail price thread".
I would have to add in BISTO GRAVY can be found in Coles.
Our taste buds have started to adapt but it is nice when you find a little bit of home close by. The familiarity and comfort thing.
All I need now is to find Aunt Bessie hiding out in the freezers too !!!
Tass.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:06 pm
Merlot

LMAO at these replies !! I took as many as I could off the shelf too just to make sure they re-order ( HONESTLY!! ) and then ran around the shop telling everyone just how exceedingly good these cakes are !! Shame they didn't have vienesse whirls !
Digestive biscuits ! I know !! Quite expensive compared to arnotts biscuits but the taste just doesn't compare - McVities all the way !
I know this is getting really sad but has anyone managed to find REAL "NICE" biscuits ??
Maybe we could start a "where to find UK food in Oz supermarkets at normal or slightly above retail price thread".
Our taste buds have started to adapt but it is nice when you find a little bit of home close by. The familiarity and comfort thing.
All I need now is to find Aunt Bessie hiding out in the freezers too !!!
Tass.
Have you tried the British Shop in Sydney CBD? Not sure if still there.

They took Mr Kipling off the shelf for a while whilst I was there then when they came back - Mini Battenburgs - I was in Erina Fair Woolies, I was shaking telephoning every expat in town asking if they wanted me to get them a box . . . little things hey

Funny thing though, back in Blighty for 16 months - craved so much stuff like pickled onion chips and Galaxy but don't go near the stuff now. Too much of a good thing, no doubt back in Oz I will miss them again. Ya can't win!

M

Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:56 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I'm really peed off you posted this I just lost a whopping 10lb started fitting into size 10 jeans again first time since arriving here and now I know where to buy kipling cakes
ohhhh Rich good on ya
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
ohhhh Rich good on ya
Definately not him, hes one of those blokes that has the same waist size (now where have I heard that before) as when he was in the australian army at 17. The boys are on the verge of not being seen in public with him, he bought 6 pairs of size 28 waist jeans in about 1980 and has been wearing them ever since, I have made subtle comments on the height of the waist and the fact the rest of the family have long since gone hipster
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:39 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

OMGGGGGGG You're kiddin me!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've made my night!!!! No prizes for guessing where I'M going tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my sunday roast will no longer be crucified by crap gravy yay!
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by artep
OMGGGGGGG You're kiddin me!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've made my night!!!! No prizes for guessing where I'M going tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my sunday roast will no longer be crucified by crap gravy yay!
If you find it let me know......I've only seen it in the English specialty shop! But it was worth every cent!
How are you getting on artep?? Are you coming to the next girly night out??!!
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:41 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Mini Battenburgs
Apple pies
French fancies
and Cherry bakewells

Kala

i fully understand

I cry at anything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.