Reload this Page >

Mr GG got a better offer ...

Wikiposts

Mr GG got a better offer ...

Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:05 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr GG got a better offer ...

Originally Posted by worzel
When I first read the title I thought he had a better option than you, Nichola.

Congrats to you both.
Well done Mr GG, bet you can stop worrying and start to settle into Aussie Life Style as getting a job is a big step.

Note the salary may include the 9% superannuation
Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:10 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by wmoore
I don't charge, I just work on expenses
Slabs of beer do the trick?

You should be an alcoholic be time I've finished paying ya

Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:50 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Slabs of beer do the trick?
Always
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:24 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Indulge me, 'cause I'm giddy! Because Patrick has a job! He got the offer this afternoon and starts at ResMed as a Manufacturing Engineer a week on Tuesday. It's a company that makes sleep apnea (spel?) breathing stuff. Apparently. No idea what that means, but I expect I'll be an expert in no time <sigh>. And best of all, it actually pays more than the job he left in Oxford! Yay!

I'm still applying for jobs and going for interviews and stuff and am waiting to hear on at least three that I'm reasonably confident about. But now there's no pressure, I can afford to be a bit picky and not necessarily just go for the first thing I'm offered. So, I'm just a bit over-excited and needed to share!

Right, giddiness over! I'm off to celebrate.

Yay!

Nichola
Know that feeling ! Hope it works out well.

Will raise a glass to Mr GG
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:40 am
Merlot

Fantastic News!!!

Is this out at North Ryde still?? I used to work around that neck of the woods in the pharamaceutical/medical field.

M

Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:20 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Indulge me, 'cause I'm giddy! Because Patrick has a job! He got the offer this afternoon and starts at ResMed as a Manufacturing Engineer a week on Tuesday. It's a company that makes sleep apnea (spel?) breathing stuff. Apparently. No idea what that means, but I expect I'll be an expert in no time <sigh>. And best of all, it actually pays more than the job he left in Oxford! Yay!

I'm still applying for jobs and going for interviews and stuff and am waiting to hear on at least three that I'm reasonably confident about. But now there's no pressure, I can afford to be a bit picky and not necessarily just go for the first thing I'm offered. So, I'm just a bit over-excited and needed to share!

Yay!

Nichola
Hi

Good news for you - you'll now be able to afford that night out you are arranging at ?? and the name of it escapes me!!

...........must be my advanced age.

Regards

Jim
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:04 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Fantastic News!!!

Is this out at North Ryde still?? I used to work around that neck of the woods in the pharamaceutical/medical field.

M
Hey Merlot, where's your transporter bridge gone?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Geordie George]Indulge me, 'cause I'm giddy! Because Patrick has a job! He got the offer this afternoon and starts at ResMed as a Manufacturing Engineer a week on Tuesday. It's a company that makes sleep apnea (spel?) breathing stuff. Apparently. No idea what that means, but I expect I'll be an expert in no time <sigh>. And best of all, it actually pays more than the job he left in Oxford! Yay!

Yay!
Great news,we are so happy for you both.We must meet up before you too go off and join the workforce,,LOL,see you soon, Claire
P.S Any sign of your furniture yet,Nichola?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:57 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Mr George, does this mean that the ranting will stop??
Hxx
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:57 am
toocheeky

Congrats GG and Mr GG,

Omg, how fantastic!

Take care chucks,
Karen
x

Yay!

Nichola

Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:45 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks for all the best wishes. Have calmed down a little this morning!

Rapitts: Hey, Ron. The salary is base, so super's on top. Which is nice. No worries there!

Merlot: The job's out near Parramatta, so he's got a commute to look forward to - he's not happy about that part, as in Oxford he used to walk to work across fields full of deer and rabbits (bloody rural Oxfordshire ...). It's all a bit of a turnaround, as I used to be the one with the 45 minute commute, and I never got any sympathy, so I think it's quite funny!

Chalkfarm: We'll definitely have to meet up soon. I'm starting a temp job on Monday though, so it'll have to be at the weekend. Let me know when you're around and we'll sort something out. No news on the furniture! The boat was meant to dock yesterday, so I'll get Patrick to chase up PSS for an update on Monday. Any news about your stuff yet?

Hevs: The ranting will stop!

Cheers all,
GG
Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:51 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thanks for all the best wishes. Have calmed down a little this morning!

Rapitts: Hey, Ron. The salary is base, so super's on top. Which is nice. No worries there!

Merlot: The job's out near Parramatta, so he's got a commute to look forward to - he's not happy about that part, as in Oxford he used to walk to work across fields full of deer and rabbits (bloody rural Oxfordshire ...). It's all a bit of a turnaround, as I used to be the one with the 45 minute commute, and I never got any sympathy, so I think it's quite funny!

Chalkfarm: We'll definitely have to meet up soon. I'm starting a temp job on Monday though, so it'll have to be at the weekend. Let me know when you're around and we'll sort something out. No news on the furniture! The boat was meant to dock yesterday, so I'll get Patrick to chase up PSS for an update on Monday. Any news about your stuff yet?

Cheers all,
GG
At least he is going against the flow of commuters. I used to work in Auburn and it was crappy to drive but the trains had seats. Not so good for the westies going into town.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:15 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on the job, hope it works out well, so now you guys just need the boat to arrive and your stuff to be delivered and you're sorted []
Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:54 am
Merlot

Hi all,

Cheers all,
GG
Hi Nichola

Oh the turning worm hey hun, mind like BP said that he is travelling in the opposite direction to the commuters which is a bonus.

Best of luck
Merlot

Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:56 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by wmoore
Hey Merlot, where's your transporter bridge gone?
Had to take it down as didn't have planning permission from Middlesbrough Borough Council and have sold it to a Native American group in Arizona.

M