Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Motorcycle Licence's Help needed !!!!

Motorcycle Licence's Help needed !!!!

Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:47 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute
Default Motorcycle Licence's Help needed !!!!

At the moment i don't hold a motorcycle licence, and i was thinking of taking an intense course to enable me to ride any size bike.
I have been for an assessment this morning and they reckon £599 :scared: should do it. That includes Theory test, CBT, Training, Bike Equipment and Test.(x 4 Days).
I was wondering if there are companies out in Oz that offer the same service ?????
How does the law work over there ????? Do you have to do CBT equivalent ??

Any advice much appreciated

Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:51 pm
Banned

mungomidge is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Motorcycle Licence's Help needed !!!!

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
At the moment i don't hold a motorcycle licence, and i was thinking of taking an intense course to enable me to ride any size bike.
I have been for an assessment this morning and they reckon £599 :scared: should do it. That includes Theory test, CBT, Training, Bike Equipment and Test.(x 4 Days).
I was wondering if there are companies out in Oz that offer the same service ?????

Hello took mine last year and ive been riding since i was 6 im now 37 just get it done over here then you can take your licence with you .The price seems about right our works paid for ours,about same price at least you will know the roads round where you are just do it. :scared:
Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:49 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Motorcycle Licence's Help needed !!!!

Hi

I got my bike licence about 4 years ago, using the direct access route and it cost me £450 then. I would guess that there may be cheaper out there than the 599 you have been quoted, but I would also guess that the cost would vary and depend on where you are based.

But I would agree with mungomidge, probably check out doing it in Oz. There should be an Oz version of yellow pages online, so check it out and see if you are able to email questions about costs and timescales.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Cheers, G

Originally Posted by 4500 Times