Wikiposts

Moving your dosh after 6mths...

Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Forshac will become famous soon enoughForshac will become famous soon enough
Default Moving your dosh after 6mths...

Hello everyone,

Can you give me your insight...

We have been here in Aus for 6mths in Feb and wanted to check on the 6mth ruling as still unsure...

Our money is still in the UK and really wanted to leave it there as it's all too early and still trying to settle blah blah.

How can I get around the 6mths ruling to move your money over before the tax free element become full on? We are still being taxed in the UK on the interest paid even though I have completed the relevant forms letting the Inland Revenue know we have now moved here...

Any advice on what you guys have done would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving your dosh after 6mths...

Originally Posted by Forshac
Hello everyone,

Can you give me your insight...

We have been here in Aus for 6mths in Feb and wanted to check on the 6mth ruling as still unsure...

Our money is still in the UK and really wanted to leave it there as it's all too early and still trying to settle blah blah.

How can I get around the 6mths ruling to move your money over before the tax free element become full on? We are still being taxed in the UK on the interest paid even though I have completed the relevant forms letting the Inland Revenue know we have now moved here...

Any advice on what you guys have done would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

There is no 6 month rule
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Oh really? thanks Wendy, I was sure this was the case...

If not then this is even better! As it would take the pressure off with exchange rates an stuff until we are 100% sure.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Forshac
Oh really? thanks Wendy, I was sure this was the case...

If not then this is even better! As it would take the pressure off with exchange rates an stuff until we are 100% sure.

Lots of people think that they only have 6 months, no idea where it came from.

The equity from your house sale etc, is definately not taxable. Money made from interest, rental income etc is (or that's how I understand it anyhow)

As for them still taxing your interest in the UK, speak to the bank who should have a form for you to fill in exempting you from tax (I've filled one out in the past as I wasn't earning any money, so presume that they should be able to help in this instance as well)
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Wendy, I really appreciate your help! I shall call them, gits!

Such a relief on the 6mth time scale I can tell you, I was really starting to worry...