Driving?

Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:54 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Question Driving?

Hi, me and hubby have come to Australia unable to drive.

Yeah, silly I know

I have heard a rumour that if you don't take your lessons with a driving school, it can take ages (longer) for you to get a date for your driving test!

Is there any truth in this?
Old Dec 26th 2006, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all
Default Re: Driving?

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

Yeah, silly I know

I have heard a rumour that if you don't take your lessons with a driving school, it can take ages (longer) for you to get a date for your driving test!

take your learners licence to main roads my sister did they gave here an open ozzi one :scared:
Old Dec 26th 2006, 1:35 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wintersgills
take your learners licence to main roads my sister did they gave here an open ozzi one :scared:
Don't get what you mean, sorry
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:35 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Errr, by reading the post, they don't drive, so hence no licence.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:45 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, silly I know

Can't tell you if it is a rumour or not as I've never got mine under the current system (got it when the Police were still responsible for drivers licences). You could try giving the WA Dept of Transport a call or go to one of their offices and ask them directly.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:20 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't get what you mean, sorry
You don't have a learners license so can't do what he means.

But as neither of you can drive how do you intend to learn to drive if you don't go to a driving school.... you even have me confused now???
Old Dec 26th 2006, 11:29 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, silly I know

Hi

Don't think it makes any difference. My son had a few lessons with a driving school and the instructor told him he had to make the appointment for the test himself ( I think it just depends if the instructors can be bothered ).

There can be waiting lists of around 3 months, but once you have a date you can then phone the centres and see if there are any cancellations to get in quicker. My son managed to get one in Joondalup a couple of days after he called - didn't pass though, but that could of been as he didn't know the area at all.

Best of luck with it.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by annqldau
You don't have a learners license so can't do what he means.

But as neither of you can drive how do you intend to learn to drive if you don't go to a driving school.... you even have me confused now???
Doesn't take much!

Driving school (like BSM in UK) or you can go with private instructors like Joe Bloggs driving instructor.

Or are all instructors members of schools of motoring? I don't know these things as, guess what? I don't drive
Old Dec 27th 2006, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Loubags
Hi

Don't think it makes any difference. My son had a few lessons with a driving school and the instructor told him he had to make the appointment for the test himself ( I think it just depends if the instructors can be bothered ).

There can be waiting lists of around 3 months, but once you have a date you can then phone the centres and see if there are any cancellations to get in quicker. My son managed to get one in Joondalup a couple of days after he called - didn't pass though, but that could of been as he didn't know the area at all.

Best of luck with it.
Thanks for that Loubags....much clearer now
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:22 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't take much!

Driving school (like BSM in UK) or you can go with private instructors like Joe Bloggs driving instructor.

Or are all instructors members of schools of motoring? I don't know these things as, guess what? I don't drive
Ooohhh! wasn't on earlier by the way just the computer humming to itself.

Just go the whole hog and get your trucker license... .
Old Dec 27th 2006, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Errr, by reading the post, they don't drive, so hence no licence.
der thats my point my sister cant drive either would only be australia it would happen (backward)
Old Dec 27th 2006, 10:24 am

der thats my point my sister cant drive either would only be australia it would happen (backward)
I'm really confused now
Old Dec 27th 2006, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by annqldau
Ooohhh! wasn't on earlier by the way just the computer humming to itself.

Just go the whole hog and get your trucker license... .
What tune was it humming?
Old Dec 27th 2006, 10:25 am

Off to work now

Night shifts for next few days
Old Dec 27th 2006, 11:09 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Off to work now

Night shifts for next few days
Crumbs are we twins!!!! You are in Joondalup and don't drive!!!! ME TOO!!!!

I got a UBD and 2 paid lessons as one of my pressies this year - just got to get a learners permit now!!!!

Where in Joondalup are you? I am opposite the hospital (handy for when the folks want me to do the cooking)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.