Reload this Page >

Moving to Townsville - meet ups

Moving to Townsville - meet ups

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

shelley77 will become famous soon enough
Default Moving to Townsville - meet ups

Hi all

We are moving to Townsville in the middle of February and wondered if anyone fancied meeting up.

We are a couple 30's with 5 month bump, looking to meet friends, we have been in Melbourne for 5 years so if anyone needs any help or advice we are happy to help and if anyone has help and advice on Townsville stuff that would be great too.

Cheers

Shelley and Darren
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving to Townsville - meet ups

Originally Posted by shelley77
Hi all

We are moving to Townsville in the middle of February and wondered if anyone fancied meeting up.

We are a couple 30's with 5 month bump, looking to meet friends, we have been in Melbourne for 5 years so if anyone needs any help or advice we are happy to help and if anyone has help and advice on Townsville stuff that would be great too.

Cheers

Shelley and Darren
Hi Shelley & Darren

Depending on how our shifts fall, we would love to meet up with you both.

John (41) & Nicki (45) and two kids who will be arriving shortly
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi John & Nicki, sounds good we will let u know when we are up there, Shelley
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

feathers1664 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Myself, Husband and our children are moving to Townsville this August from the UK.

We were wondering if there was a preferred place to live for families, were leaning towards Mysterton and Mundingburra currently as we like the queenslander style houses in those areas?

Also good schools??

We are feeling exited about the move but also anxious about settling in and meeting people....

Would love to hear any thoughts or guidance from any expats..

Hayley
Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Hayley

I am afraid I cant help much with some of your questions as we are not there yet, we are moving to an area called Bushland Beach which is about 15 mins north of the city and seems to be good for families from what we can see, it's an area also linked to Burdell which both estates are having a lot of new build houses there with a supermarket going in and other shops, a new school to come and also an outdoor pool centre is there already

Good luck with it all and we would be happy to meet and give advice as you go along.

Regards

Shelley
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

kevzone will become famous soon enough

Hey Shelly, Hayley.

My wife and I have been in Townsville for a few years and love it, I am sure you will to as its great for kids, very family orientated.

Hayley most catholic schools seem to be sought after, probably because they are well funded and invest time and resources in themselves. (You don't have to be religious or even baptised).

Shelly is right about North Shore, Burdell and Bushland Beach the infrastructure is steam rolling ahead and is a now a very desirable place to live, i should know LOL.

If you need any advice feel free to ask, good luck.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

sophia7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hayley,
We're also moving to Townsville in September from the UK with two children 7 & 10. We were there for a week in March, scouting out the town. We visited a few schools, but not in that area, sorry I can't help with that one.

Let me know how you get on.

S.

How old are your kids?
Originally Posted by feathers1664
Hi

Myself, Husband and our children are moving to Townsville this August from the UK.

We were wondering if there was a preferred place to live for families, were leaning towards Mysterton and Mundingburra currently as we like the queenslander style houses in those areas?

Also good schools??

We are feeling exited about the move but also anxious about settling in and meeting people....

Hayley
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:17 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by feathers1664
Hi

Also good schools??

Hayley
Both areas are nice places to live, some stresst are better than others so it's a come here and see for you self kind of thing. Mundingburra State School has a good reputation, and next door you have St Josephs which is also a good school but will cost you (the fees are not that high though), close by you have Pimilco High School which has a good reputation otherwise for girls I'd suggest St Margaret Mary's but I'm sure about the boys....I know my boss sends his son to Igntius Park (sp??) and knowing what he is like it will be a good school. For a COE school there is the Cathedral School but this is one of the highest fee schools in Townsville even higher than the grammar.

We will all have to arrange a get together down the Strand one day soon to catch up
Old Jul 16th 2011, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

we are also moving to Townsville but will be more likely next year now just depending o visas and nursing reg, I'm expectiung to be out around March/ April time.

We are a family with two kids (boy 9, girl 7) and I'm going to be working at the Mater hospital. We are getting a months accomodation near to the Mater in Pimlico when we arrive but then will need to find our own place. I like the look of quite a few areas including bushland bach/Burdell/north shore or Annandale/Idalia/ Douglas and also newer parts of Kirwan but we will have a good look round once we get there and decide then.

Schools wise we will probaby be looking to send the kids to state schools as we don't want to stretch ourselves financially by commiting to fee paying.

Would be great to keep in touch with people to meet up when we finally get over
Old Oct 29th 2011, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

feathers1664 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving to Townsville - meet ups

Hi Feathers here.... We are pleased to say that we are finally moving, we arrive in Townsville within the next 2 weeks. The Container is packed, cars sold, packing suitcases..... we have two very excited children, we are excited and nervous. I am wondering how the children will manage being away from school until January, thats a long time..