Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

moving too fast???

moving too fast???

Old Sep 30th 2004, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about
Default moving too fast???

hi all,

as you might know i'm waiting patiently (yeah, right ) for my fiancé visa -its been exactly 63 days now, not that i'm counting....

i planned to get to perth for late november, but that's not going to happen now. the new plan is to get there before christmas, preferably by mid-december, so i can start the new year as a truly NEW year...

i have to give three months notice at work (yes, there are downsides to working for the government) so with the month of holidays that i still have for this year, giving notice now would mean that i can leave the job on november 30th and get to perth in mid-december as planned.
problem is, i'm a bit worried that something might go wrong (it usually does) and i'm a bit scared of sitting here in december with no job, no house and worst of all, no visa. cant see any problems with the visa really, but you never know....

anyone out there with some advice? anyone given up their jobs before the visa was there? anyone found themselves in the no job, no visa situation and what to do then?

what i really need is someone to put my mind at ease....

tanja