Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Sydney

Moving to Sydney

Old Apr 15th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

kateandpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to Sydney

My husband has a job in Seven Hills, Western Sydney does anyone have any information and recommendations on which area to live?
We have two children ages 11 & 7, schooling is important to us too.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:38 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving to Sydney

We are still in the UK at the moment but when we went over to Sydney two years ago we looked at the hills district, we also looked at Glenmore park but on the advice of a few people on here is too far out for us.
There is a website to look at which tells you about the places with the hills distrctthat someone gave me a link but I can't post it. Try having a look at a few of my past threads to see if you can find it, or hopefully someone may see your thread soon and put it on for you.
When are you going to Oz or are you already out there?
I would be interested to know how it turns out for you.
Good luck
Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

steve_m is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kateandpaul
My husband has a job in Seven Hills, Western Sydney does anyone have any information and recommendations on which area to live?
We have two children ages 11 & 7, schooling is important to us too.
I live in Beaumont Hills and love it. You will no doubt, get a difference of opinion on this site about this area though as some people hate it; it really depends on what you are looking for. The majority of the houses are large and modern but on smaller plots than the Australian norm. Those that like to live on acreage with large gardens etc tend to avoid the area. I find it convenient for the city, the beaches and the mountains whilst catering for all my needs. There are a number of lively pubs and plenty of shopping centres (including a massive new mall being built at Rouse Hill). As for recommendations, I (personally) would avoid getting too close to Blacktown/Quakers Hill and concentrate on the other side of the Windsor Road in areas such as Castle Hill/Baulkham Hills/Kellyville. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with steve_m. I would also look at Winston Hills and Northmead. All of the schools in the Hills District are good. If I were you I would concentrate on Baulkham Hills (southern end) Winston Hills and Northmead. Traffic wise it would be much easier to get to Seven Hills from these suburbs. The suburbs I have mentioned are older and therefore more established. Hope this is of some help.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
We are still in the UK at the moment but when we went over to Sydney two years ago we looked at the hills district, we also looked at Glenmore park but on the advice of a few people on here is too far out for us.
There is a website to look at which tells you about the places with the hills distrctthat someone gave me a link but I can't post it. Try having a look at a few of my past threads to see if you can find it, or hopefully someone may see your thread soon and put it on for you.
When are you going to Oz or are you already out there?
I would be interested to know how it turns out for you.
Good luck
Hi Lisa
Thanks for your reply, we are sill in the UK planning to go in November.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the replies, will start looking at all locations.
Any other advice would be great on schools in the hills area.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:35 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve_m
I live in Beaumont Hills and love it. You will no doubt, get a difference of opinion on this site about this area though as some people hate it; it really depends on what you are looking for. The majority of the houses are large and modern but on smaller plots than the Australian norm. Those that like to live on acreage with large gardens etc tend to avoid the area. I find it convenient for the city, the beaches and the mountains whilst catering for all my needs. There are a number of lively pubs and plenty of shopping centres (including a massive new mall being built at Rouse Hill). As for recommendations, I (personally) would avoid getting too close to Blacktown/Quakers Hill and concentrate on the other side of the Windsor Road in areas such as Castle Hill/Baulkham Hills/Kellyville. Hope this helps and good luck.
Beaumont hills sounds very nice. We have two girls age 13 and 10, whats the area like for this age group? not sure yet but hubby may find work in Artarmon or parramatta. I had looked at Baulkham hills and around that area, we spent a whole day just driving around looking at areas but that was two years ago and I can't remember much about them now.

Kate and Paul
we may be going out in August if all goes to plan so If we get out there first I shall hopefully have info for you.