Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to the Sunshine Coast calling all poms!

Moving to the Sunshine Coast calling all poms!

Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:00 am
Graceyg

graceyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the Sunshine Coast calling all poms!

Hi there we are a young family moving to the Sunshine coast in the next couple of months. I am 28, hubby is 30 and we have a little girl of 3 and a baby boy of 3 months. We are hoping to settle in Buderim or somewhere nearby around december this year. We don't know anyone there at all, just wondered if anyone was already living there and wanted to meet up? Or if there are any meets already organised?
Playgroups?
footy teams?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Would love to catch up!

Charlotte
x
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:52 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to the Sunshine Coast calling all poms!

Originally Posted by graceyg
Hi there we are a young family moving to the Sunshine coast in the next couple of months. I am 28, hubby is 30 and we have a little girl of 3 and a baby boy of 3 months. We are hoping to settle in Buderim or somewhere nearby around december this year. We don't know anyone there at all, just wondered if anyone was already living there and wanted to meet up? Or if there are any meets already organised?
Playgroups?
footy teams?
Would love to catch up!

Charlotte
x
Hey Charley,

Sorry I haven't been in touch but got the in laws staying
Trying to keep them entertained
How's the house sale going? Has Tom found a job in Buderim?

Nicola
Old Oct 30th 2006, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I've sent you a PM, we'd love to meet up with you when you get over. Just give us a call :-))
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

drivetrain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we've just bought our first house in Buderim and we move up there from Sydney on the 22nd December. We too are a young couple (33 and 38), no kids yet It would be great to meet some people, we dont know anyone up there, but we love the place, people have been great... Are you hoping to buy or rent somewhere? If you need any info on Buderim let me know, we've been flying up there most weekends to find a house and sort everything out, so Ive become a bit of an expert, especially on the best places to live and which is the right side of the hill!! Great to hear back from you.. chat soon

Emma
Old Oct 31st 2006, 11:32 pm
Graceyg

Hi Emma

Great to hear from you, hopefully we can all get together for a natter when we arrive. Where in the UK are you from? How long have you been here?

We are living in Toowoomba now but have just sold our house, and my husband Tom has just landed a good job in Maroochydore. So we are now trying to find a rental property. Not much luck in the Buderim area, but a few brand new ones in Sippy downs which I have a friend of a friend going to look at for me so I can apply for one! What a nightmare, no-one wants to deal with me because I am not living in the area, they can just rent to someone who is living nearby with less hastle!!! But we will get there hopefully.

What is Sippy downs like as an area, we have driven through and looked at properties and all looks fine, not heard anything negative as yet, so we are happy to rent there for 6 months. Like you we have spent every weekend there for the last couple of months but its difficult dragging 2 kids everywhere!

Keep in touch,

Charlotte
x
Old Nov 1st 2006, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Hello again,

We're both from Manchester, Ive been here for 2 months, my fella, Ashley has been here for 4 months and we're loving it.. He came ahead of me whilst I sold car, finished work etc and he had the hassle of finding our rental unit here in Sydney. Well now Ive done the touristy things, Ive had enough of Sydney, too much like London, not really a city girl and loved the Sunshine Coast, and Buderim was for us....

We have bought a house with Century21, the real estate agent has been great, he has some rentals on his books as we were going to rent initially, but decided on buying as we liked Buderim so much. Glad we've found something tho, its exhausting work looking at houses!

We did drive through Sippy Downs, which is near the University, but I found that the houses were all on estates, which we didnt want... The houses look nice though. What did you think?

As I'm not working, we should meet up for a brew when I get there. What job is you hubby doing in Maroochydore?

Speak soon

Emma
Old Nov 1st 2006, 12:49 am
Graceyg

Emma I have sent you a private message.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Hellooo... Ive responded, Em
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:04 pm
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

Playgroups?
footy teams?
Would love to catch up!

Charlotte
x
Footy as in Rugby League? YES!!!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

deb&si is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Moving to the Sunshine Coast calling all poms!

Hi Charlotte
we arrive on the sunshine coast in early Dec, we are a bit older than yourselves but young at heart. We have teenage kids they could be good babysitters.
Would love to meet everyone on Sunshine Coast for
DEB XXX
Old Nov 5th 2006, 5:09 am
Graceyg

Thumbs up Re: Moving to the Sunshine Coast calling all poms!

Sounds great! Where are you planning on living? are you coming straight out from the UK or are you already here?
Babysitter YES!!!!!!!! ha-ha
a good natter and a sounds very good to me!
Let me know if I can do anything to help.
moving to Sippy downs in 2 weeks! AAARRRGGHHH so much to do!"

Charlottex
Old Nov 5th 2006, 5:11 am
Graceyg

Originally Posted by Rug13y
NO FOOTBALL!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 5:37 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rug13y
Isnt rugby called rugby, as it was invented......in rugby?

Football was around way before rugby, and if you want to csll it football then put aussie rules in front of it. NEVER EVER caall rugby football as you use your hands you plonker.
You are insulting the memory of the late great Jonny Warren that inspired the Australian Football team to the world cup this year, only to die a few months before it. He fought for the sport to be named and remembered in oz as FOOTBALL, not soccer.

Sorry to hijack
Old Nov 5th 2006, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

jonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant future

hi guys

we just got back from activating our visa, cant wait to get back out there again, hopefully few months after xmas.

going to settle brisbane area to start with, find job in IT. Then decide where we want to buy or rent. The wife likes Coolundra .

we be glad to meet up with anyone when we out there.

jon and jayne
Old Nov 5th 2006, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

deb&si is on a distinguished road

Sounds great! Where are you planning on living? are you coming straight out from the UK or are you already here?
Babysitter YES!!!!!!!! ha-ha
a good natter and a sounds very good to me!
Let me know if I can do anything to help.
moving to Sippy downs in 2 weeks! AAARRRGGHHH so much to do!"

Charlottex
Hi Charlotte
We are the mad poms coming straight from UK, never been to AUS .
Hoping to live in the Buderim, mountain creek area
Good luck with the move, we are on countdown 25 days till we leave UK.
DEB XX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.