Reload this Page >

Moving to the Sunny Coast

Moving to the Sunny Coast

Old Jul 29th 2013, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Teeneep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the Sunny Coast

Hi All,

We are moving to the Sunny Coast from Brisbane in August and are hoping to make new friends in the area. We are going to be living in the Twin Waters area. I'm a stay at home mum with a 3 and a half year old boy, Joseph, and a husband, Michael, who is a rotational worker, so Joseph and I are on our own a lot of the time so new friends would be great for us. Other mums will understand there is only so much conversation to be had with a toddler, tho saying that Im lucky in that i have two child free days a week. If there are any mums out there that would like to meet up for a coffee sometime we would be delighted.

Hope to hear from someone
Tina
Old Jul 29th 2013, 6:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the Sunny Coast

Originally Posted by Teeneep
Hi All,

We are moving to the Sunny Coast from Brisbane in August and are hoping to make new friends in the area. We are going to be living in the Twin Waters area. I'm a stay at home mum with a 3 and a half year old boy, Joseph, and a husband, Michael, who is a rotational worker, so Joseph and I are on our own a lot of the time so new friends would be great for us. Other mums will understand there is only so much conversation to be had with a toddler, tho saying that Im lucky in that i have two child free days a week. If there are any mums out there that would like to meet up for a coffee sometime we would be delighted.

Tina
Hi Tina and welcome to BE.

Can't help with the area as we are down in Adelaide, but in terms of conversation with a toddler - isn't it about three times more than a teenager

Hopefully some more mum's will be along to say hi in a while
Old Jul 29th 2013, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

Tina, we brought up two toddlers on the Sunny Coast, both are now six foot two but a great way of meeting like minded mums is to look for informal play groups or not for profit community play schools in the area - your local library and Council would have some contacts for you I'm sure.

SWMBO met some lifelong friends through them.

Just a swift Google Search, here's a typical example

I'm in Old Bar NSW but there's a similar community preschool at the end of the street, kids have a ball and it's not a place for working mums to warehouse the kids while they are at work, these are mostly stay at home mothers who get their pre schoolers into a fun environment and meet other mothers. What part of the Sunny are you moving to? We have ankle biters up there, 4 and 3 at Coolum, I'll contact and see if I can get some details for you.

Edit: sorry you did say twin Waters, have specsavers appointment friday

Last edited by Mike at Taree; Jul 29th 2013 at 7:22 am.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Teeneep is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, ...... I have been told that teenagers do a lot of grunting!!! Can't wait

Thanks for the advice re play centres, ill get after that one once we get settled. Any info your family could pass on would be greatly appreciated. We are all very excited re the move, been looking for the right place for 7 months now, so all will work out.

Thanks again folks.

Tina
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Teeneep
Hi All,

Tina
Hi Teeneep, just wondered if you have thought of attending a playgroup? We go to one at Stella Maris Church in Maroochydore which won't be far from you. It's a great little group and nice for both you are your little one to get out and meet people. It runs every Wednesday, pm me if you need any more info.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

lesleybruck is a jewel in the roughlesleybruck is a jewel in the roughlesleybruck is a jewel in the roughlesleybruck is a jewel in the rough

Hi tina i live in buderim at present, i have a 12yr old, 5yr old an a sixteen month old boy called zack, im also looking to make new friends been here for 3 months made a few contacts but not many.