Moving Planet

Old Jul 25th 2009, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of
Default Moving Planet

So I Have been carping on about IOM and Moving planet for nearly 3 years now...Cheap flights, extra baggage etc etc etc
Now when I am at the booking flights stage, house sale in the bag....the Moving Planet site is no longer working...anyone got any ideas?
HKA
x
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Moving Planet

The Moving Planet website does appear to have stopped operating. You can still use the code (UKMove1) on Emirates website to get the discounted and increased baggage allowance. We booked ours last week and went to pick up the tickets from the Emirates office at M'cer airport this weekend. Our tickets say 50kg allowance on them.

By the way - I was told that you need to go to the office in person to ensure that you get the 50kg allowance. When I rang up to pay over the phone, the person I spoke to said that if I paid over the phone it would invalidate the offer.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Planet

Originally Posted by chasmw
The Moving Planet website does appear to have stopped operating. You can still use the code (UKMove1) on Emirates website to get the discounted and increased baggage allowance. We booked ours last week and went to pick up the tickets from the Emirates office at M'cer airport this weekend. Our tickets say 50kg allowance on them.

By the way - I was told that you need to go to the office in person to ensure that you get the 50kg allowance. When I rang up to pay over the phone, the person I spoke to said that if I paid over the phone it would invalidate the offer.
I got the 50kg baggage allowance by booking online using UKMOVE1 then calling emirates to inform them that I used the code, I then scanned and emailed copies of our unvalidated visa's and they emailed me a letter to say they had increased our baggage allowance from 20kg to 50kg our tickets didn't say 50kg but we had no problems at check in with the letter.

The girl at check in (B'ham airport) even let us go over (God knows how we went over 150kg but we did!) she just smiled when she was weighing everything and told us not to worry!