Reload this Page >

Moving to Perth - Info needed on jobs in local Printing Industry

Moving to Perth - Info needed on jobs in local Printing Industry

Old Feb 20th 2004, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

gandp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Perth - Info needed on jobs in local Printing Industry

Hi to you all

We are moving to Perth in the next month or so. I am looking for work in the Print Industry, ideally a role in management/ consultancy. I have over 30 years experience.

We have done a lot of work on the net to find relevant job agencies and/ or jobs advertised on line, but to no success.

Does anyone have any information on relevant job agencies, or know of someone that may be able to help and wouldn't mind us contacting them?

We would love to hear from anyone out in Perth.

Thanks

Geoff and Pauline
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough

Try looking up Snap Printing. They operate a franchise system in WA, maybe other States as well. I'm afraid the printing industry isn't one I know much about, but I do remember an acquaintance of mine with a franchise saying there was a difficulty getting qualified printers. Perhaps you can find mention of something that suits you. The various franchises seems to talk to each other, so maybe they will pass the word along.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 10:03 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

My hubby is a Finishing Manager and we're heading for Perth too. Also friends of ours who are going...he's a printer. She went out last year to do a rekkie and nicked the yellow pages (!) and there are hundreds and hundreds of printers in Perth.

If you look in the West Australian and register for them to send you relevant jobs you should get something through, they only advertise on a Wednesday though.

You don't say if you are a printer, if it's just sales you do...sorry don't know about that side, but the printing industry on the whole is very short of skilled tradesmen.

DianeOz who posts on here has been of help to us...her hubby got a job straight away as a screen printer and she has also confirmed the industry is short or workers. I think it's to do with the fact that the pay is pretty poor.....

We have found that around Melbourne and Adelaide they are crying out for Reps in the industry and are offering really good salaries in excess of $80K.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

gandp is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your info hope to be perth very soon