Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Perth but where to live?

Moving to Perth but where to live?

Old Jun 28th 2013, 11:23 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Perth but where to live?

Originally Posted by verystormy
I would not recomend driving to Perth. At least not between 7-9am and 4-7pm. Nightmare. Far better to jump on the train
The backups on the Mitchell start well before 7. I take the train that leaves Clarkson at 6:10 and the freeway is already backed up at Ocean Reef when I get to Edgewater at 6:15.

If getting the train from Joondalup in the morning I would suggest getting one of the early ones. The one getting to Joondalup at 6:26 is a 6 car and you can still get a seat. Any of the 3 car trains or any later than about 6:30 and you're pretty well packed in like sardines. Same with coming home. Anything leaving Perth after the 4:24 and it's all 3 car trains jam packed.

Commuting in the Perth suburbs sucks!
Old Jun 29th 2013, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the WAPOL family! I really wouldnt bother with driving during peak hour...its nuts! Short term accomodation is crazily expensive up that neck of the woods. i know realestate.com used to have adverts for house shares if u prepared to do that whilst training?
Old Jun 29th 2013, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Sylvia18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much everyone some more good info and links. I am wry excited about the move but I am a real forward planner and this accommodation business has really being playing on my mind. I appreciate all the help. I just hope in a years time I can help someone else in the same boat! Fingers crossed!! ;-)
(Fathead I will pm you)
Old Jun 29th 2013, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Commute by car.
Choose another suburb, Go East.... some nice spots there.

If you dont need a house, lots of apartments to choose from, subiaco, west perth, leederville, some reasonable rents.
I wouldnt bother with a car to commute, waste of your time and money, buses and trains do the trick.

When dealing with real estate, understand if the agent is experienced, there are so many without experience and no clue, if you identify this you maybe able to work them to your advantage, dont assume they will work exclusively for you.

joondalup is fine, but not for me, I stay away from it all, you can see for yourself and make your mind up, each to their own.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Denny88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. I have been reading through your thread and starting to panic myself. I'm am joing wapol in October and wondering where to start in looking for accom. If you have recieved any further info in PMs would mind forwarding it on to me? Hope all is goin well for you.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Fathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant future

Denny88 pm me and ill help where can

Jon
Old Jul 1st 2013, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

I've just tried but won't let me as its restricted due to me not posting? I've only joined today.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 9:58 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Denny88
Hello. I have been reading through your thread and starting to panic myself. I'm am joing wapol in October and wondering where to start in looking for accom. If you have recieved any further info in PMs would mind forwarding it on to me? Hope all is goin well for you.
Originally Posted by Fathead
Denny88 pm me and ill help where can

Jon
Why wouldn't you post this in the forum so it helps others? (leaving out personal details, of course)
Old Jul 1st 2013, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Sylvia18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Denny hello there! I am starting in October as well. Following some on the advice on here it looks like I've found a house share for a few months. That will give me time to find the areas I want to live and hopefully we may know our districts by then.
I have only just messaged Jon so don't have any Info at the mo. feel free to pm me when you can. I'm sure we can exchange questions! ;-)
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Fathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant future

I would clearly like to help anyone I can that is why I post on here. There are some things I'd like to discuss outside the forum though.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Will try again to pm, hopefully will let me soon. Grateful for any help I can get.
That's good news, also seems like you got it sorted quite quickly which is even better.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 8:08 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

If your going to Joondalup in the morning then pretty much anything south of it and you will be driving Against peak hour traffic and get there quickly and the same on the way home.

Maybe somewhere like Joondanna. Or house in Duncraig, Greenwood, Hamersley
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 8:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I would clearly like to help anyone I can that is why I post on here. There are some things I'd like to discuss outside the forum though.
The discussion is related to places to live in Perth, and it should not be necessary to share this information by pm. If there are other things to discuss, by all means share by pm if it is personal, but information regarding housing and such is better shared in the open, so the next person down the path has answers as well without hoping a secret squirrel will pop up with a pm
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:21 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Prolly best to just send a pm without advertising the fact on here, even though it's allowed!