Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

moving to perth on a budjet

moving to perth on a budjet

Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice
Default moving to perth on a budjet

has anyone sold up there house etc. and moved to perth as a family with less than 10 thousand pound in the bank and got along fine? or is anyone about too.

any good points or bad welcome.

thanks

wes and jo.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:20 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to perth on a budjet

your going to get a mixed bag of answers to this question..

first of all you need to let people know what you do for a living..

i havent moved to perth yet but i have been over to have a look,,and please dont think i am trying to put you off..but i have budgeted for twenty thousand pounds just to set us up ,with a car ,furniture,rental deposit,etc,etc..
flights alone are £1800..

hey,if you want it you will do it,but nothing is easy,here in the u.k or in oz..

good luck..

ast
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice

ast

thanks for the reply. looking to move to perth early next year with around 20,000 pound , and find a job gardening asap. waiting for tra to get back to us this month. i just know someone who is moving there this month with very little and just woundered if anyone else had?

wes and jo
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:51 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wesleyandjoanne
ast

thanks for the reply. looking to move to perth early next year with around 20,000 pound , and find a job gardening asap. waiting for tra to get back to us this month. i just know someone who is moving there this month with very little and just woundered if anyone else had?

wes and jo
We arrived with some savings which we tried not to dip into. We travelled South America on route to Australia, which didn't leave us much when we arrived in Perth. We stayed with friends for 5 weeks initially and then moved into our own rental. My partner had a job to go to thankfully and I took a job in a restaurant for some weekly cash. I can't give you oppinions on moving with children as I have none. Things were tight initally and friends who have moved out here since have found the first couple of months tight, not tough, just tight. You just adapt and do things that don't cost much, like going to the beach, free museums, parks etc.

What I would say, compared to the UK, the turn around times in applying for jobs and getting the outcome took a lot longer that I thought it would and I work in recruitment! Be prepared (I'm not saying it will happen this way to you) to wait a couple of months to secure employment.

My partner and I are now happily 'on our feet' financially....it just took a couple of months.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:09 am
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

Similar to ast, we're estimating winding down in UK, getting out there, and setting up: at about £20k to £25k. That'll leave us with £60k left from sale of house here. Which will buy nothing in Perth, so we'll need a minimum of £60k mortgage if we decide to buy.

And if Perth house prices don't slow down, we'll be living in Bogansville.

Chances are we'll rent for first couple of years - want to be near Murdoch Uni initially for eldest daughter to take veterinary degree, and prices around there are out of our range.

Karl
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

We have just sold our house and we will be taking around £30000 so we hope not to dip into too much of this and rent rent for a year or so to see what our options are. We are lucky in sense tha we went on work visa couple of years ago and shouldnt have any issues securing a job. My advice gt your cv out before you arrive in oz.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:43 am
Just Joined

scouseozzie is an unknown quantity at this point

We've been here almost two years and we have not found the lifestyle to be cheaper.

Work is not easy to find... most jobs are casual, and many people are 'casual' for a long time. Wages are not great - and housing is not cheap...

When we came here we thought we'd be rich.... and we most certainly are not! Weather is fabulous, beaches are glorious... but we can not afford holidays in hotels like we used to have abroad. Now, it's camping - a poor man's holiday... i've done it once... now i yearn for a hotel holiday - far too expensive for us to afford... be careful - it's not cheaper here at all - wages are poorer, and rent is expensive.

Last edited by scouseozzie; Mar 28th 2007 at 10:48 am. Reason: went off on a tangent!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:36 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

What the fck's a budjet?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:51 pm
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
What the fck's a budjet?
It's either:

(a) a typo
(b) something to be blown
(c) a cheap aeroplane
(d) what happens when you shake a bottle of bud, then open it

Karl
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:52 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

What the fck's a budjet?
A low cost airline.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

What the fck's a budjet?
that's what happens when I let my OH do the typing!

Jo
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Karl & Ann
It's either:

(a) a typo
(c) a cheap aeroplane

Karl
All very good answers but we find it's a flower ready to explode. lol
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

What about a buddist on a plane?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice

Originally Posted by Karl & Ann
It's either:

(a) a typo
(c) a cheap aeroplane

Karl
nearly PMSL ! and yes i was thinking the same!!!!!!!! lol
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
What about a buddist on a plane?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.