Moving to Perth

Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:44 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Perth

Hi there,
Hope to be moving out to Perth once sold house (which seems to be taking forever)!!!
Just wondered if anyone could give any indication on how the job market is for Carpenters at the moment. Enquired on various websites and employment agencies but it seems to me that you have to actually be there (WA) to get any information about the jobs. I am sure it is the same as in the UK where you literally have to go around the sites and ask?? But just wanted to hear that the work is there.
We are thinking about renting out our property in UK. Sounds really scarey as we would rather sell but not having much luck at the moment .
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Tim
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice
Default Re: Moving to Perth

Have sent PM
Old Jan 19th 2012, 11:26 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debs&tim
Hi there,
Hope to be moving out to Perth once sold house (which seems to be taking forever)!!!
Just wondered if anyone could give any indication on how the job market is for Carpenters at the moment. Enquired on various websites and employment agencies but it seems to me that you have to actually be there (WA) to get any information about the jobs. I am sure it is the same as in the UK where you literally have to go around the sites and ask?? But just wanted to hear that the work is there.
We are thinking about renting out our property in UK. Sounds really scarey as we would rather sell but not having much luck at the moment .

Thanks Tim
Is there anything on SEEK? I just did a search and found 49 jobs, obviously do not know if they are suitable, but with all the building and houses going up, I don't think you will have too much of a problem finding work. Try applying for the jobs on SEEK, you might get something lined up before you get here?

www.seek.com.au
Old Jan 19th 2012, 4:03 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Just had a look on seek. Registered with them and sending off CV tonight.
Thanks again for your advise.

Tim

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Is there anything on SEEK? I just did a search and found 49 jobs, obviously do not know if they are suitable, but with all the building and houses going up, I don't think you will have too much of a problem finding work. Try applying for the jobs on SEEK, you might get something lined up before you get here?

www.seek.com.au
Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:48 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debs&tim
Hi there,

Thanks Tim
my son is a roofing carpenter in perth ,he is always in work and the construction industry is relatively buoyant compared to the uk .
There isnt the work for second fix carpenters in perth due to the fact they dont use skirtings and door frames are installed by bricklayers ,so internal carpenters generally just hang a few doors .
Most chippies are roof carpenters ,they are all cut roofs there and are often cut on the deck with most chippie teams ie 2 chippies and a hammerhand doing around 3 cut roofs a week . A wages chippie will expect around 300 dollars a day .
Old Jan 21st 2012, 10:37 am
will be there soon!!!!!

Hi

That's a relief to hear, thank you so much for your comment. OH is a roof carpenter so hopefully will fit in nicely.

Debs

Originally Posted by king kong
my son is a roofing carpenter in perth ,he is always in work and the construction industry is relatively buoyant compared to the uk .
There isnt the work for second fix carpenters in perth due to the fact they dont use skirtings and door frames are installed by bricklayers ,so internal carpenters generally just hang a few doors .
Most chippies are roof carpenters ,they are all cut roofs there and are often cut on the deck with most chippie teams ie 2 chippies and a hammerhand doing around 3 cut roofs a week . A wages chippie will expect around 300 dollars a day .