Reload this Page >

Moving to Perth!!

Moving to Perth!!

Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

nicolaennis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Perth!!

Hi everyone,
My husband and I are going to move to Perth for 6 months. We are staying in Tapping, we have a 12 year old daughter who will be attending high school (state) Does anyone know which school is nearest and if its ok? Will i have to contact the school before we go, what will i need!!!! is there any buses??

Also what is Tapping like?? Good for families? we also have a 3 year old.

Thanks Nicola
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

JOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to Perth!!

Hi

Tapping is a nice area lots of families, not far from Joondalup which has a big shopping center.
There is also a small shopping center in carramar which is only about 5 mins in the car from Tapping.

You can look up schools on this web site

http://www2.eddept.wa.edu.au/schoolprofile/home.do

You dont really need to contact them before you go, you can just make an appointment when you arrive. But they all have web sites so maybe contact them to check before. (Only a personal opinion but stay away from Wanneroo senior high)

Bus system is fine but like most of perth you have to go in to go out!...what i mean by that is if you daughter is travelling to School by bus she will probably have to bus to Joondalup and the get another bus out to where ever she is going.
There is a good private school called St Stephens, but I am not sure if they will take students on a part time basis.
I live in banksia grove which is the other side of the road from Tapping if you have any other questions feel free to ask

Tricia
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 2:53 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Wanneroo High School is your nearest school. Plenty of buses around to get to the school from Tapping etc.

Yes, if possible you should try to give them a ring and just let them know when you're arriving and when your children will start.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

We live in Tapping and love it. Nice and quite and all families. I see your from Manchester. We where too and have loads of Manchester friends here in Tapping. OH plays football on a Sunday and 9 of the team are Mancs! In regards to schools, Tapping primary seems to be fine but the nearest state highschool is Wanneroo and that hasn't got a good name. My daughter doesn't go there so I cant speak from experience but I have heard some scary stories about it. My daughter came home from school last week and said the kids where passing around a mobile phone video of kids in Wanneroo highschool smoking pot through a bong while in school! There are other states schools that are near by such as Ocean Reef and Kinross which I have friends with kids at and they are happy enough with them. Good luck with your move and enjoy your time left in Manchester.
Tracie
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 5:42 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
My daughter came home from school last week and said the kids where passing around a mobile phone video of kids in Wanneroo highschool smoking pot through a bong while in school!
We used to make bongs in art class in high school.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
We used to make bongs in art class in high school.
And smoke them in Social Science good to see some things never change...
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Like any school its down to the kids, I know a lad who left St Stephens in Tapping (private) who smoke's more pot than eats hot dinners, Yet I also know 2 kids that go to Waneroo High and are the complete opposite

Yes there are 'bad' kids but its the same in any school, moving to Australia dosen't change that

Darren
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mumfords
Like any school its down to the kids, I know a lad who left St Stephens in Tapping (private) who smoke's more pot than eats hot dinners, Yet I also know 2 kids that go to Waneroo High and are the complete opposite

Yes there are 'bad' kids but its the same in any school, moving to Australia dosen't change that

Darren
Absolutely, Every school has kids that use drugs. I work in addiction so I see people from all walks of life with drug problems. What got me though was that these kids were sat in the school grounds during lunch break smoking pot, that doesn't say much for the discipline at the school.

Tracie
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:37 am
Just Joined

nicolaennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
We live in Tapping and love it. Nice and quite and all families. I see your from Manchester. We where too and have loads of Manchester friends here in Tapping. OH plays football on a Sunday and 9 of the team are Mancs! In regards to schools, Tapping primary seems to be fine but the nearest state highschool is Wanneroo and that hasn't got a good name. My daughter doesn't go there so I cant speak from experience but I have heard some scary stories about it. My daughter came home from school last week and said the kids where passing around a mobile phone video of kids in Wanneroo highschool smoking pot through a bong while in school! There are other states schools that are near by such as Ocean Reef and Kinross which I have friends with kids at and they are happy enough with them. Good luck with your move and enjoy your time left in Manchester.
Tracie
Hi Tracie,
Thank you for your reply. I am also a bit scared because i looked at the street where we are renting on google and it looked like a building site. Although am not sure how old it is!!! Do you have an idea where it is, its Tibicen Road. I know its a newish build but i dont want to be on a building site.
I have looked a Ocean Reef School and that looks good, but how far from Tapping is it in the car?
Its nice to hear that they are lots of Ex pats in Tapping and from Manchester. We are from Warrington, but both work in Manchester. Thanks again for your help

Nicola
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:09 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Is Tapping in the catchment area for Ocean Reef SHS? I'm not sure it is??
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nicolaennis
Hi Tracie,
Thank you for your reply. I am also a bit scared because i looked at the street where we are renting on google and it looked like a building site. Although am not sure how old it is!!! Do you have an idea where it is, its Tibicen Road. I know its a newish build but i dont want to be on a building site.
I have looked a Ocean Reef School and that looks good, but how far from Tapping is it in the car?
Its nice to hear that they are lots of Ex pats in Tapping and from Manchester. We are from Warrington, but both work in Manchester. Thanks again for your help

Nicola
I know where Tibicen Road is it's just 5 mins up the road. That area is established now so dont worry. On Google my house hasn't even been built yet, It's just a plot of land! If you want to PM me your house number I'll take a pic for you if you like, give you a better feel for the street?
Ocean reef school is about 20mins by car. My daughter goes to Prendiville Catholic which is next door to it. She gets the bus to Joondalup and then another straight to school. Some of her friends are at Ocean Reef and they get the buses as well. It's quite common over here for kids to have to travel for school. As someone else said, Ocean Reef is not actually in the Tapping catchment area but there's still kids around here who have managed to get in.
Tracie