Moving to Perth

Old Jan 27th 2005, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

NICOLA is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving to Perth

Me, my husband and two sons (6 & 4) are hoping to live and work in Perth.

We need to start looking at areas to live. Where do we begin? It is like looking for a needle in a hay stack!!

We are going to rent for a few months while we look for a house. Where is the best place to base ourselves while looking?

We want a 4 bedroom house in a good neighbourhood with a good school, doctor, shops etc. Maximum of 30 mins drive to the coast.

If anyone can give any suggestions it would be a great help.

Nicola
Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:01 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving to Perth

Originally Posted by NICOLA
Me, my husband and two sons (6 & 4) are hoping to live and work in Perth.

We need to start looking at areas to live. Where do we begin? It is like looking for a needle in a hay stack!!

We are going to rent for a few months while we look for a house. Where is the best place to base ourselves while looking?

We want a 4 bedroom house in a good neighbourhood with a good school, doctor, shops etc. Maximum of 30 mins drive to the coast.

If anyone can give any suggestions it would be a great help.

Nicola
Where shall i start ?
check out www.realestate.com.au for rentals and house sales.
what we did was to get a map of Perth and then ask ourselves what we really want .
ie - Space or beach, near or far from city and then go from there.
also no matter how silly you think your question is make sure that you ask someone on here and 9/10 times somebody will be able to help.
i will be there in 9 days so i for one will be able to answer some general questions of Perth.
We are heading for Merriwa/Clarkson as that sounds like what we are looking for .

Hope this helps

S