Moving to Perth

Old Jan 17th 2004, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

onion196 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Where to move to!?! HELP

Hi all!

This may seem like a stupid question but we are right a the beginning of the whole process and trying to decide where to move to. We have no friends or family in Australia so we are not at all tied.

Perth seems to be my favourite but not sure for my partner. He works in IT and has an MCSE. After searching for jobs not many in his field seem to come up in perth and the moment. Is that just at the moment or is it a general thing?

Would moving to Melbourne be more suitable for him to further his career as we are only 23?!?! But then I worry that the weather isn't suppossed to be much better than here!! I like sunshine!, lol.

Anyway you thoughts and comments would be great!
Thanks
Niki

Last edited by onion196; Jan 17th 2004 at 12:15 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

morrie is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Perth is fantastic but i am byast [sorry about spelling] Have you tried at the U.W.A?
Old Jan 17th 2004, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

onion196 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by morrie
Perth is fantastic but i am byast [sorry about spelling] Have you tried at the U.W.A?
Thanks, I will have a look!!
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:38 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

From what I`ve read it seems Sydney or Brisbane would be the best places for you... and then Melbourne.... definitely not Perth for IT atm. IT has died in the ass in Oz lately. Sorry. Maybe it`ll be better by the time you get everything sorted, so you can stay in the UK saving up.