Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

moving pensions etc

moving pensions etc

Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold
Default moving pensions etc

Looking for some profesional advice on moving pensions etc from uk. I suppose what i am looking for is a financial advisor in Oz (Brisbane) with experience in both UK And OZ. Anybody recommend someone?
Raven
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving pensions etc

Hi

Depends on what type of pension you have.

I had a very good UK final salary scheme one and was advised not to move it, unless I was very sure I'd be in Oz on retirement. So, I've left it for now.

But you really do need someone who can advise you personally.

Kim
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by koalakim
Hi

Depends on what type of pension you have.

I had a very good UK final salary scheme one and was advised not to move it, unless I was very sure I'd be in Oz on retirement. So, I've left it for now.

But you really do need someone who can advise you personally.

Kim
so who advised u not to move it?
Old Aug 15th 2008, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Robbie_Paula is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raven
Looking for some profesional advice on moving pensions etc from uk. I suppose what i am looking for is a financial advisor in Oz (Brisbane) with experience in both UK And OZ. Anybody recommend someone?
Raven
Hi Raven, we are emigrating out to Brisbane next week and have the same question. We haven't sorted anything out regarding our investments or Pensions yet...... oops. So far it doesn't look like there are too many expats out there who can give us advice on this.

Has anyone on Expats sorted out their Pensions and Finances AFTER they moved to Australia?

Who did you use and were they any good?

and finally, what were the biggest problems sorting out your finances when in Australia?

Any advice much appreciated.

Robbie
Old Aug 15th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Hi, we are also trying to get advice as i believe you can only take money to Oz once tax free and then it's 30% after that! Have been advised that if you leave isa in uk Oz will tax you on it! I have also gathered from info on here that you have 6 months in which to take advantage of the no tax on transfering!
Hifi and Go Matilda will both advise and i know George from Go Matilda is an accountant in both u.k and Australia, i have just downloaded forms "tax planning questionaire" which i will fill in and return to Go Matilda and they will give me a price for the advice, i don't know how much but will post an idea on here when i know. The question is can i afford not to get the professional advice?
Debbie
Old Aug 15th 2008, 11:34 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Debbie,

My name is Alan, not George!

Also, some of the points in your posting are not correct ...

Hope to receive the Questionnaire soon.

Best regards.