Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving To Oz Illegally

Moving To Oz Illegally

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

knifey_spoony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving To Oz Illegally

Ok im sure alot of you will disagree with this but im gonna ask anyway.Im a 21year old male from Ireland.Due to certain circumstances i lived with my grandparents right up till a year ago when they both died.As they lived in a council house i decided to remain in the house and take on the lease and eventually buy it for peanuts as i have lived there for 21 years.My mum,her husband and my younger brother(whom i have always been very close to)have decided that they would like to move to Australia.It's something i have always wanted to do and i would absolutely love to go with them.I have been working as a Tiler for 2 years but have been getting benifits on Jobseekers for a year so i could remain in my house.Being an apprentice it wasn't possible for me to afford a house earning £120 a week.As im 21 i won't be able to be included on my Mums Visa and as i haven't been working legally i won't be able to get one on my own.Is it possible to lie on your Visa?Like if i got an employer to say i have been working for them?If not is it hard to get work out there off the cards?I know this post might anger alot of people but i had to ask.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:40 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Oz Illegally

Originally Posted by knifey_spoony
I know this post might anger alot of people but i had to ask.
Anger people? I don't think you'll know the half of it. Many people here have sweated - and are still sweating - blood and tears to get their visas legitimately - they have had to jump through the sometimes endless hoops, so why shouldn't you?

As for living illegally in Australia? It has to be a non starter. Your line of work will need some kind of trade certificate to prcatice with, and you will not be able to get a tax file number to work, so that will also mean no super or investment in your future. You will be limited to very menial work such as fruit picking or labouring. It will also mean no access to any healthcare systems, so don't break your leg. You will be constantly looking over your shoulder everytime you see a police car, though as you won't be able to get a driving licence, that may not bother you. You will also be eligible for summary deportation if you have any kind of run in with the authorities and they discover your visa status. So never mind the place you have, all your worldly possessions, off you go straight to jail and then onto a plane. Byee...

My advice: Don't bother.

S
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Anger people? I don't think you'll know the half of it. Many people here have sweated - and are still sweating - blood and tears to get their visas legitimately - they have had to jump through the sometimes endless hoops, so why shouldn't you?
How do i do it then?Even though i do have the skills they aren't on record so is it not impossible for me to get a visa?
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

There's a few options:

A years working visa. Get out here and get some Australian work experience.

A Student Visa

Get a job and build up your experience, then apply.

There's probably a few more too, why not get an agents advice?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 1:53 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

So you've been fraudulently claiming benefits and working. Now you find yourself with the small problem that you cant apply for a visa because of that.

What goes around comes around
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Well please tell me what you would have done if you earned £120 a week?Live on the street?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:07 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Well please tell me what you would have done if you earned £120 a week?Live on the street?
Maybe get roomates to help pay the rent...
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

Well that is also illegal as i was renting of the council so whats the difference?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:13 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

How Ironic, not too long ago that sort of illegal activity might have got you sent out here
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:13 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Well that is also illegal as i was renting of the council so whats the difference?
Sorry.... not in the UK so I didn't really understand what a council house is.

But I would think that option would have been better then cheating the government and working illegally.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Are you the only one left in your family if your family do come to Australia? Do you have other close relatives over there? If you are the only one left then there are allowances for that...to join your family who are coming to Australia. Do you have a father over there who you are in touch with?...that factor and the possibility that you have other close relatives there will prevent you from coming here.
Please do not try to come here illegally...remember what all the genuine people who have applied to come have gone through. You would find yourself on the boat back to Ireland in no time ...B.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:15 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

The OP may like to be aware that Aus Immigration watch this site.
He's digging himself deeper and deeper.

Do as other people do, and work towards getting a Visa legally - have a look at what Wendy has suggested.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Well both would have the exact same consequences.If i was caught renting the house out i would be evicted and unable to claim benifits/rent a council house again.As i said i never wanted to do it but i had no choice.I am now earning more so now im legit.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:23 am
Canuck/Aussie

Well then... it looks like you'll just have to build up experience and then apply like everyone else.

I think you're going to have to do your own research on the subject. I can't see anyone sharing their knowledge with you in order to help you enter illegally.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:23 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
You would find yourself on the boat back to Ireland in no time ...B.
Oh my, they don't put you on the boat ... What happens is the immigration guys burst through your door at 3am when you're asleep and arrest you on the spot whilst you're in your pj's. Then after a short spell in a cell at the airport, or waiting in the lounge (if the cell's full) handcuffed to a friendly officer waiting for your flight, they chuck you onto Garuda airlines finest (nice and inexpensive). No chance to pack, no chance to change clothing. I saw it happen to a backpacker a few years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.