Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Oz with a Husky

Moving to Oz with a Husky

Old May 24th 2012, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

graybren is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Moving to Oz with a Husky

Has anyone moved to Australia with their Husky?

Also, is it best to use a pet agent or is doing all the paperwork and arrangements yourself?

My heart is in my mouth at the thought of our little boy in the cargo hold I wish they had planes where he could sit with us
Old May 24th 2012, 2:06 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moving to Oz with a Husky

Originally Posted by graybren
Has anyone moved to Australia with their Husky?

Also, is it best to use a pet agent or is doing all the paperwork and arrangements yourself?

My heart is in my mouth at the thought of our little boy in the cargo hold I wish they had planes where he could sit with us
We have just moved back from oz with our dog but we had her under the pet passport scheme so she flew on a flight and we got her straight of the plane with no quarantine
yes we used a pet transport called jet pets they were great and i did costs and they done it for us only a little bit more than what i could fly here for
Old May 24th 2012, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Trevski
How was your dog after the flight?
Old May 24th 2012, 2:27 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Trevski
How was your dog after the flight?
very pleased to see us but well
Old May 24th 2012, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

Hope you're moving to Melbourne x Huskies don't like hot weather (Don't worry Melbournites know it's hot there too - just a better option than NT ) Hubby wants a Husky and I've told him it's a no go cos we'll be in Perth

Last edited by abi31; May 24th 2012 at 8:02 pm. Reason: rubbish grammar
Old May 24th 2012, 10:26 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

In Queensland I've seen quite a few huskies and malamutes around with their fur shaved.
Old May 24th 2012, 11:27 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
In Queensland I've seen quite a few huskies and malamutes around with their fur shaved.
There were quite a few huskies near us when we were north of Brisbane and there's a dog walker here in the Blue Mountains that always seems to have a shed load of them. (Perhaps that should be sled load?)

None of them were shaved, probably clipped though.
Old May 24th 2012, 11:44 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
There were quite a few huskies near us when we were north of Brisbane and there's a dog walker here in the Blue Mountains that always seems to have a shed load of them. (Perhaps that should be sled load?)

None of them were shaved, probably clipped though.
To be fair I'm fully shaven during the summer months up here
Old May 25th 2012, 1:00 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 25th 2012, 3:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god, roll on the arrival of Slapp etc.....
Old May 25th 2012, 4:26 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm already in a delicate state having introduced the boys to the delights of Trainspotting.. that thought might just push me over the edge
Old May 25th 2012, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by abi31
Hope you're moving to Melbourne x Huskies don't like hot weather (Don't worry Melbournites know it's hot there too - just a better option than NT ) Hubby wants a Husky and I've told him it's a no go cos we'll be in Perth
Yes its Melbourne where we're going. Husky's are fine in hot weather, they adapt you should get one, a beautiful breed and the bestest friend ever
Old May 25th 2012, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

Yes its Melbourne where we're going. Husky's are fine in hot weather, they adapt you should get one, a beautiful breed and the bestest friend ever
Might be an option when the kids are a bit older - they are so beautiful. Good luck with shipping him over x
Old May 25th 2012, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

firedragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Goodness, have I just read that? Now I know why I came here...
Old May 27th 2012, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

it's winter now, they'll feel right at home. brrrrrrr.