Moving to Oz

Old Sep 15th 2016, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Kat8888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Oz

Hi there, we returned from a working holiday visa 1 year ago and we are wanting to move to Australia permanently. My partner is a chef and worked in Oz for the year as a chef in 2 amazing companies. We are wanting to have our first child before we go so will only be a baby before we go. I am wondering how easy it will be to move there with a young baby with him being a chef and me being a receptionist in a hospital. Thank you for your help in advance
Old Sep 15th 2016, 10:57 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Oz

Originally Posted by Kat8888
Hi there, we returned from a working holiday visa 1 year ago and we are wanting to move to Australia permanently. My partner is a chef and worked in Oz for the year as a chef in 2 amazing companies. We are wanting to have our first child before we go so will only be a baby before we go. I am wondering how easy it will be to move there with a young baby with him being a chef and me being a receptionist in a hospital. Thank you for your help in advance
Hi there,

I've moved this to the main forum as it's not a visa question although you will need to check which visas you qualify for.

You might also need to explain further what information you're looking.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I also am not sure what you mean by "how easy" will it be to move. Do you mean in terms of a visa or do you mean practically or do yu mean emotionally?
Old Sep 16th 2016, 1:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kat8888
Check out the SOL and the CSOL to see whether your partner can qualify for a visa as a chef, I'm not sure whether he would need sponsrship or not.

From a practical point of view, with a young baby you are either going to be a stay-at-home mum, or be spending a fortune on childcare. You may be entitled to some help if you are on an independent PR visa, but if he needs sponsorship it coud get very expensive.

Check out the visa possibilities first......