Moving to Oz!

Old Sep 22nd 2012, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

MatthewCurrie93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Oz!

Hey guys, I am new to this forum and hoping to get a lot of help with all my questions

I am 19 and a born and bread scouser (Liverpool,UK) and I have two uncles, one of whom lives in Abu Dhabi and the other, Canada, Edmonton.

My father works off shore in the oil industry on a 4 week on/off rota and I am following his footsteps, successfully completing my training courses and now getting my CV out and about the off shore industry!

My question is, when I am successfully off shore within the oil industry, would this make it an easier task to maybe move to Oz for the rest of my life of maybe the USA.

If so how would I go around this?

Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving to Oz!

Check out www.immi.gov.au to see if the skills you will be getting will put you on the demand list for a skilled Aussie visa
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

You do know how hard it is getting offshore work currently? Especially with no experience. There's several rigs closing down off the UK at the moment. Friend of mine with 5 years experience can't get another job after this one ends..
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

BenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends what trade you do, typically the USA rate of pay is quite poor compared to a lot of the world ( I have been offered jobs in the us paying less per month than I was getting per week in Europe) but you have to take the cost of living into account aswell.

If you get the right quals and experience you will be in demand, I work in. Industry that works on and offshore and am always offered work all over the world.